PS4 - First Impressions

1242526272830»

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    But there's only a few demos out. I'm sure they'll give us a section when there's more up there.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Netflix streaming to store downloads and all variables in between, the PS4 is the very epitome of slick. Every action is fluent, every feature worthy. The Internet browser is intuitive, well featured and provides a fluid experience. And the contrast with PS3’s rather laboured loading of apps couldn’t be more profound*

With The Golf Club probably incoming next month, I’ve taken a second, this time permanent leap into the world of PS4. There’s still nothing of gaming note that fully appeals to my rather narrow gaming FOV, but the aforementioned longevity rich TGC will readily suffice for the foreseeable. Plus with TLoU imminent and Diablo 3 hopefully on the horizon, things are starting to brighten from a personal genre favourites perspective. Picked up Steamworld Dig which is a charming, colourful platform mining number featuring randomised levels. A neat little title at just 7 quid and it's also a cross buy deal.

*The first impressions quoted above from my previous ownership are still very much applicable. It’s a quite sublime system.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Actually the ps4 has came a nice way in 6 months. A lot of nice features have been added, and some great games too. The next 6 months will throw loads of games at us. Good times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still not a huge fan of the controller but I'm getting more and more used to it now.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    our controllers need replacing already. hours of playing Dead Nation AE has taken it's toll. The L1 and R1 buttons jam now and the rubber on the left TS is starting to split :(

They just don't seem to be as well made as the DS3's.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    our controllers need replacing already. hours of playing Dead Nation AE has taken it's toll. The L1 and R1 buttons jam now and the rubber on the left TS is starting to split :(

They just don't seem to be as well made as the DS3's.

They're under warranty. Phone Sony, they should replace them for you.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Yeah, let me know how you get on as mine is going the same way.