It's a Wonderful Life - Bluray Question

Ronan OFRonan OF Posts: 107
Forum Member
Hello.

I just bought myself the 65th anniversary bluray edition of It's A Wonderful Life.

It contains both the original black and white and new colour versions.

Are BOTH versions on high definition? Or just the colour version? It wasnt clear from the description.

Thanks.

Comments

• big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone I know said that the black and white one wasn't in high Def.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have got this and both are in hd
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    COLOURISED?!? ****ing philistines.
  • rufus oculusrufus oculus Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    My advice to you. Throw the colourised version away. Travesty.
  • Ronan OFRonan OF Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, ive been well warned to not watch the colour version under any circumstances!!

See the product description only says the high def colour version not the black and white version. But if billy_value had it then I'll go with that!!
  • rufus oculusrufus oculus Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Ronan OF wrote: »
    Oh yes, ive been well warned to not watch the colour version under any circumstances!!

See the product description only says the high def colour version not the black and white version. But if billy_value had it then I'll go with that!!

:):):)
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate it when they colourise classic films. Same happened with scrooge. Why do they feel the need to this. Leave them as they are.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've done that with quite a few of the Laurel and Hardy films. 'Computer-colour version' as it says on the box. Terrible.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Since the colourised version has to come from the black-and-white original it doesn't make sense that it would be in higher definition than the original. Unless they're trying to persuade buyers that 'colourised' is the way to go.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this sure on film4 right now attaboy Clarence go forth and view
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    I couldn't give a stuff what anyone else thinks but I thoroughly enjoyed the colorized version of IAWL and think it's probably the very best example of its type. They've come a long way since the early days of colorizing where it looked awful and fake. The b&w version that comes with it is superb too, so you get the best of both worlds.

Regards

Mark
  • gav425gav425 Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Mark A wrote: »
    I couldn't give a stuff what anyone else thinks but I thoroughly enjoyed the colorized version

Agree. I think they've done a great job and I love the coloured version.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may have look at this version of It's A Wonderful Life as I have brought any version of the film before.