The Trance Thread!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
Forum Member
✭✭
For all of us who live and love for trance in all its forms, from Armin to Xpansions and everything inbetween. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's my top 5:

1. Tiesto
    2. Eco
    3. Oakenfold
    4. Armin
    5. Airbase

Would love to know yours. :)
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Airwave
    2. Jon O'Bir
    3. John'00'Fleming
    4. Maor Levi
    5. Paul van Dyk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Airwave
    2. Jon O'Bir
    3. John'00'Fleming
    4. Maor Levi
    5. Paul van Dyk

Some good choices there! Maor Levi has done some great stuff.
  • timewarpbunnytimewarpbunny Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I just dug out my old trance circa 1999-2002 cds over the last few weeks, been loving it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just dug out my old trance circa 1999-2002 cds over the last few weeks, been loving it!

Haha, what have you been listening to exactly? :)
    Forum Member
    Ooooh lots of stuff, some that trance purists wouldn't consider trance, the slightly more commercial side of things, i suppose - also found a lot of old platypus vinyl that I forgot I had. My Terra Ferma ep is going back somewhere special until I find something to play it on.

I spent 1994 onwards at free parties and then moved on to clubs when I was old enough to get in! Going to a Fantazia reunion in 2 weeks and can't wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh lots of stuff, some that trance purists wouldn't consider trance, the slightly more commercial side of things, i suppose - also found a lot of old platypus vinyl that I forgot I had. My Terra Ferma ep is going back somewhere special until I find something to play it on.

I spent 1994 onwards at free parties and then moved on to clubs when I was old enough to get in! Going to a Fantazia reunion in 2 weeks and can't wait!

Amazing! And FTR, I'm no trance snob - I love plenty of the old skool commercial stuff as well! :)
    Forum Member
    didn't say snob, said purist ;) I am so excited for fantazia, think at nearly 33 i'm over the cyber wear and fluffy boots but I'm still going to have a wicked stomp!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didn't say snob, said purist ;) I am so excited for fantazia, think at nearly 33 i'm over the cyber wear and fluffy boots but I'm still going to have a wicked stomp!

Same difference! :p I like a bit of Culture Beat and umm... Alice Deejay every now and again! :cool:
    Forum Member
    hahahaha Alice Deejay! I've actually had FB friends ask me to stop posting youtube links this week :o I only wanted to wake everyone up on Friday morning with a bit of BT Flaming June and BBE 7 days and one week, testing my new speakers out....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahahaha Alice Deejay! I've actually had FB friends ask me to stop posting youtube links this week :o I only wanted to wake everyone up on Friday morning with a bit of BT Flaming June and BBE 7 days and one week, testing my new speakers out....

Haha, I would've approved! :D Totally addicted again to BT's 'Loving You More' lately! Feel free to add me on YouTube, mate, my account is EquanoxRepublic :)
    Forum Member
    Done, my username is the same as it is here. I'm actually having a Saturday night sulk because I'm not 21 anymore and have to stay in with my 3 kids unless a night out is planned like a military operation!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done, my username is the same as it is here. I'm actually having a Saturday night sulk because I'm not 21 anymore and have to stay in with my 3 kids unless a night out is planned like a military operation!

Haha, I can only imagine! :D I've responded in kind on YT. :)
    Forum Member
    :o I only post videos of my cats pmsl!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o I only post videos of my cats pmsl!

Good job I like cats, then! :D
    Forum Member
    I should set up a niche market, cats with glow sticks :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should set up a niche market, cats with glow sticks :D

Or there's always Mew Mew! Actually, perhaps not...
    Forum Member
    hahahahahahaha!
  • Shane54Shane54 Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers for starting this thread Citadel.
    Got State of Trance 2011 Yearmix from ITunes a couple of weeks ago and working through it for the best tunes.
    If you aint heard it yet one of the standout tracks is An Angel's Love by Alex MORPH - kinda old skool buta great uplifting slice of trance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shane54 wrote: »
    Cheers for starting this thread Citadel.
    Got State of Trance 2011 Yearmix from ITunes a couple of weeks ago and working through it for the best tunes.
    If you aint heard it yet one of the standout tracks is An Angel's Love by Alex MORPH - kinda old skool buta great uplifting slice of trance.

Shane 54! Any relation to Myon! ;) Yes, I have heard An Angel's Love recently, absolutely loving it right now. It's a few years old now but my current fave is a remix by Orjan Nilsen (one of the best new artists out there in my opinion) of the 4 Strings song 'Let Me Take Your Breath Away'. I love the original too but I just think OJ's remix is sublime. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No relation, Citadel:D! I'm Shane 54's other incarnation (sorry, obscure reference).
    Just checked the 4 Strings tune out - fu**ing smashing piece of trance, nicely layered tune (kkep the recommendations coming).
    I know it's ancient but have a bit of a thing for Armin's "Shivers" at the moment - best vocals ever layed down to a choon in my opinion.
    For a wee bit o' old school (as they say here north of the border) have dug out Signum's What Ya Got For Me this week and we're up dancing to it tonigh.
    Bonus round - don't forget Carte Blanche by Verracocha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No relation, Citadel:D! I'm Shane 54's other incarnation (sorry, obscure reference).
    Just checked the 4 Strings tune out - fu**ing smashing piece of trance, nicely layered tune (kkep the recommendations coming).
    I know it's ancient but have a bit of a thing for Armin's "Shivers" at the moment - best vocals ever layed down to a choon in my opinion.
    For a wee bit o' old school (as they say here north of the border) have dug out Signum's What Ya Got For Me this week and we're up dancing to it tonigh.
    Bonus round - don't forget Carte Blanche by Verracocha

Glad you enjoyed it! Loving all your recommendations, too! Yeah I am a big fan of Armin's 'Shivers' - best thing he's ever done in my opinon. Also think the M.O.R.P.H. Red Light Dub and Hammer & Bennett remixes of it are excellent as well - very different but still great.

Recommendations? Hmm...
    • Any version of 'Wasting' by Hidden Logic presents Luminary
    • 'Love Angels' by Adam White vs. Rozza
    • 'Arisen' by Arksun
    • 'I Surrender' by Armin Van Buuren featuring Cathy Burton
    • 'Rocket Ride' by Bobina
    That should keep you going for a while! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    That should keep you going for a while! :D

Well the night is young dude!
    It'll keep me going or a while but what r we gonna do for the 6 hours after that - lol!:D

Take it U know about Pulsar's "In Deep" - I just lose it to the 2nd half of that tune.

In the middle of a British winter I always love a bit of Ibiza Sunrise by Myon & '(My Namesake)' to remind me that it's only 5 months to go until opening weekends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the night is young dude!
    It'll keep me going or a while but what r we gonna do for the 6 hours after that - lol!:D

Take it U know about Pulsar's "In Deep" - I just lose it to the 2nd half of that tune.

In the middle of a British winter I always love a bit of Ibiza Sunrise by Myon & '(My Namesake)' to remind me that it's only 5 months to go until opening weekends.

Haha! No I'm not familiar with those tracks but I shall check 'em out tomorrow.
  • livininadavelivininadave Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    AvB is awful. Even when his tracks are (co)produced by BT, they're still shit!