Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Weight Watchers one. If you think it's not a diet you're either stupid, deluded or don't understand what a diet is. If you think the Pro Points plan is a game you're either stupid, deluded or don't understand what a game is.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Saw one last night for Advanced Hair Studio with a bunch of cricketers. It was more than an infomercial than an ad. It went on for ages.
  • LucyGS*LucyGS* Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Blood in your Poo? Or going more often with looser Poo?

*lost for words*
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Saw one last night for Advanced Hair Studio with a bunch of cricketers. It was more than an infomercial than an ad. It went on for ages.

I noticed that one too :eek: And they flashed "This is an advertisement" every so often like we didnt know. Apart from Shane Warne, there was some other smug tw*t who put his success to winning a bachelor competition down to Adanced Hair Studio :confused::eek:
  • Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    LucyGS* wrote: »
    Blood in your Poo? Or going more often with looser Poo?

*lost for words*

And is it me or are the actors really not managing to conceal their awkwardness and embarrasment when talking about it in the ad?
    Forum Member
    And is it me or are the actors really not managing to conceal their awkwardness and embarrassment when talking about it in the ad?

I don't understand why they're saying poo and not faeces or something, I'd be more embarrassed having to say a childish word like Poo to be honest.
  • SpruceSpruce Posts: 1,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BUPA one with the 83-year-old. He mentions his war medals, as he was born in 1928/29 he would only be 17 (max) when the war ended.
    So unless he got Home Guard medals I don't know how he won them?

Not all old people served in the war nowadays!:)
    Forum Member
    Spruce wrote: »
    The BUPA one with the 83-year-old. He mentions his war medals, as he was born in 1928/29 he would only be 17 (max) when the war ended.
    So unless he got Home Guard medals I don't know how he won them?

Not all old people served in the war nowadays!:)

This was covered already, he was in a different war (NOT WW1 or WW2).. His story is on the BUPA website.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grr there are two versions of that shite little boxes o2 advert!
  • Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    LucyGS* wrote: »
    I don't understand why they're saying poo and not faeces or something, I'd be more embarrassed having to say a childish word like Poo to be honest.

Exactly. It's not the subject that's the problem, it's the way the powers that be have chosen to present it - as if addressing exceptionally slow-witted five-year-olds.

I don't know why most adverts are so patronising. It's just as annoying as how most adverts feel the need to SHOUT at you, which I class as bullying tactics.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw another O2 advert with another version of that "Little Boxes" song being croaked out by some guy this time as the squeaky voiced woman from the first ad drives by a cinema.
    So bloody fecking annoying!
    :mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The funny as toothache Lenny Henry Premier Inn ads are total pants.
    In the latest one he says that they can guarantee you a good night's sleep.
    No one can "guarantee" you a good night's sleep...stop lying Henry!
    :mad:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The sad thing was I quite like the poem and the ad until I found it was for Premier bloody Inn :mad:
  • cold_as_stonecold_as_stone Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Niquitin. The Red mist comes down every time for me.

His mate asks him to come outside for a cigarette and seems to speak perfect English, although the lip synch seems a little off. At least the lips match the voice. Then his fat mate says 'Nah.' Then his lips say something in swahili while his voice seems totally dubbed on.

Very strange, as they both look English and it looks like an English pub, not a chic cafe in France.

The mini band start on the table and then the nauseating 'Woooooo' at the end. His eyes roll back in his head like he's having a fit.

Very weird.....
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    The Asian woman on the SCS adverts is so bad she's good.

A new one "Mmm takeaway pizza", she really is dreadful, I love her.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Britain's Got Talent ad......nauseating and is always on!!!
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've not heard it, but seen it, telly on mute as usual for a Saturday night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    atg wrote: »
    I hope this makes you feel better :D
    :D I remember that sketch, thank you atg for reminding me of it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Grr there are two versions of that shite little boxes o2 advert!

girl is quite nice tho :)
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Simon Cowell looks like a dwarf, and how much botox and fillers have they had.
    The ad that makes me want to throw things at the telly is the ScotRail ad. That guys voice is so annoying, grrr.
  • atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    No one can "guarantee" you a good night's sleep...stop lying Henry!
    :mad:
    Perhaps they supply you with one of his DVDs :D
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rowntrees Randoms - Stupid skydiving instructor bloke eats some sweets and starts talking random gibberish. This is not funny in the slightest. I HATE IT! :mad:
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bowel cancer "blood in your poo" advert is disgusting. Surely the powers that be can raise awareness of this illness without being so overly graphic? Ridiculous!!!

A side issue - who is the actor at the end? I thought it was Alexander Armstrong but now I don't think so, he just looks a lot like him. But that reminds me - I hate all AA's insurance ads, where he's being all kinds of a git.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trivago Advert.
    not sure what they are trying to say when a bloke gets a deal from them who clearly is a danger to the public.

Him leering after the woman is bad enough without him then polluting the pool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atg wrote: »
    Perhaps they supply you with one of his DVDs :D

LOL...yeah I take it back, maybe you can guarantee someone a good night's sleep after al!
    :D
This discussion has been closed.