DS Forums

ESC 2017: Discussion on the songs selected

Old 30-01-2017, 09:42
popmusicman
Forum Member

I thought it would be good to have a thread where people can start posting their comments on what has been selected rankings, comparisons with 2016 etc on the songs as they are selected.

As of today 5 of the 43 songs have been selected - Albania, Georgia, Belarus, Finland and the UK. Here is a link to a brief review of the songs selected https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlsCdcsCK0o

My rankings so far:

1. Georgia
2 UK
3. Finland
4 Albania
5 Belarus

For me the five songs selected are all better than their countries entries in 2016 so at this very early 2017 is shaping up to be a better contest. Well for me anyway

Over the next 6 weeks or so we are going to be flooded with entries so it will be interesting to see how people's views change.

Next confirmed song will be Switzerland next Sunday unless an internal selection is released.
popmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-01-2017, 17:01
NicPlays
Forum Member

1) Finland
2) United Kingdom
3) Belarus
4) Albania
5) Georgia

To be honest though, I really like all the entries a lot with the exception of 'Keep The Faith'. I also think they're all better than their 2016 counterparts, once again withe the exception of Georgia because I loved 'Midnight Gold'

The first five songs last year were 'Perralle', 'Sunlight', 'What's The Pressure', 'Help You Fly', and 'Chameleon', and this year's bunch are certainly stronger (Not taking into account what happened to 'Perralle' and 'Chameleon')

I'm excited for the next few NFs. I haven't listened to any of the songs for them yet so it'll be a surprise
NicPlays is offline   Reply With Quote