DS Forums

Judge Rinder - after the judgement

Old 12-04-2016, 18:06
omnidirectional
Forum Member

If the tele company pays the money, what's to stop you just making something up and getting an easy grand?
I'm pretty sure that has happened with Judge Judy in the past. (Edit: Yes it has http://blogs.findlaw.com/celebrity_j...-cat-case.html)

On Judge Judy there's a tiny disclaimer in the closing credits that states that any money awarded is paid by the production company. i'm not sure if Judge Rinder includes that but it works the same way. The loser doesn't pay a penny.
omnidirectional is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-04-2016, 13:25
NoEntry2k
Forum Member

That's really interesting to know the 'behind the scenes' stuff of how Judge Judy works (and probably Judge Rinder too).
There's an interview with the 'fraudsters' here:
http://www.vice.com/read/these-guys-...-on-judge-judy
NoEntry2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 15:32
AntoniaA
Forum Member

The television company pays what is awarded and both parties receive a fee for appearing on the show.

It is an entertainment show but does feature real cases of the type that would be heard in a small claims court.
AntoniaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 22:10
RegTumbler
Forum Member

The television company pays what is awarded and both parties receive a fee for appearing on the show.

It is an entertainment show but does feature real cases of the type that would be heard in a small claims court.
That is how I've understood how these shows work. The parties agree to arbitration by Judge Rinder/Judy and agree that they will each receive an appearance fee, out which any damages or money owed can be paid by the loser to the winner.
RegTumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 19:02
DVDfever
Forum Member

That is how I've understood how these shows work. The parties agree to arbitration by Judge Rinder/Judy and agree that they will each receive an appearance fee, out which any damages or money owed can be paid by the loser to the winner.
The TV show pays the damages. That's why they limit it to 5,000, and why you get lots of cases where person A is suing person B for 74.50 for a day's lost wages because a 30 printer failed to turn up(!)
DVDfever is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote