DS Forums

Eurovision: You Decide-Your initial favourite?

View Poll Results: What is your favourite?
Olivia Garcia-Freedom Hearts 31 27.43%
Holly Brewer- I Wish I Loved You More 25 22.12%
Lucie Jones-Never Give Up On You 19 16.81%
Danyl Johnson-Light Up the World 6 5.31%
Salena Mastroianni-I Don't Wanna Fight 37 32.74%
Nate Simpson-What Are We Made Of 6 5.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 113. You can't vote on this poll right now - are you signed in?

Old 23-01-2017, 23:53
vauxhall1964
Forum Member

a very safe (not in a good way) selection with nothing memorable about any of them. I'm disappointed. Salena was the only one that stood out in any way at all. But even that's too weak to get out of the bottom five. Still at least we have a clear favourite going by this and other polls I've seen
vauxhall1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-01-2017, 00:59
mysty211
Forum Member

I voted Freedom Hearts, I Don't Wanna Fight and Never Give up On You only after listening to the snippets.
After listening to the full versions I've changed my mind Holly Brewer I Wish I loved You More and Lucie Jones - Never Give Up, Salena - I Don't Wanna Fight are my favourites
mysty211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 01:04
boysforpele
Forum Member

Kosmic - but the Holly track you like sounds like a weak version of Halo sang by a weak sing with contradictory lyrics that don't make sense? There are some nice points but it needs work and a stronger singer to carry the song surely?
boysforpele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 01:29
mooniemuk
Forum Member

Last years selection was better. They sound v similar. Sadly rather disappointed. Out of the choice. I like the simplicity of Lucie Jones' song. Though you feel it should move on a gear but never does. Don't think any will trouble the left side of the board in May
mooniemuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 09:49
ConnieFer99
Forum Member

Interchangeable between Olivia and Holly, just depends what they both sound like live that will probably sway me.

Out the rest I would rank them:
Nate-Really like his voice and the opening verse but letdown by a weak chorus.
Salena-Not overly to my taste but at least it might stand out.
Danyl-Just a bit old hat.
Lucie-This had very little impact on me, doubt I would remember it tomorrow
ConnieFer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 12:11
Alicey
Forum Member

WiwiBloggs poll has it as :

Olivia-33.02%
Holly-18.86%
Salena-17.86%
Lucie-14.6%
Nate-8.17%
Danyl-7.93%
Alicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 12:21
Steven_P
Forum Member

Unexpected results. I voted for Holly as although it needs work I think it has the most potential.
Steven_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 12:54
KozmicBlues
Forum Member

Olivia is now second favourite with the bookies - http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eurovi...-decide/winner
KozmicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 13:55
steeleuro_wolf
Forum Member

I'm really surprised Olivia is doing so well. To me Holly sounds like she does a similar style much better.
steeleuro_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 15:49
allthatyouwant
Forum Member

1. Olivia - out of all the songs I think this is the one that is the most stand out and anthemic. I will wait to hear the live version before I make judgements about her being too young

2. Selena - this is the most chart friendly tune but the lyrics are far too cheesy and there's something about the chorus that doesn't click

3. Holly - this was my initial favourite and although it has a catchy chorus I think it would get lost on the night, not big enough

4. Lucie - lovely ballad but again there's nothing special for me to remember it

5. Nate - very boring, this would be instantly forgotten on the night

6. Danyl - this is some thing we'd want to send in 2008, very dated
allthatyouwant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 18:06
da33431
Forum Member

Tropical dance music has seen a boom in popularity in the charts in recent years. It's worth a shot, sending something that actually sounds very now for once.
The 'for once' part being the most poignant. Didn't do France or Bulgaria any harm last year. We must give it a try - Vote Salena!!
da33431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 20:37
Alan_Cole
Forum Member

The Lucie Jones song is my absolute favourite. I liked it from the very first listen. I quite like most of the other songs too, its just that for me personally Lucie's song stands out and I've wanted her to do Eurovision ever since I first heard her perform on X Factor. The only song I don't like is Danyl's It sounds very dated to me.
Alan_Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 20:45
BethnalGreen
Forum Member

I kind of like all of them, but Lucie's, Danyl's and Nate's songs just don't quite do it for me at the moment. On Friday though, things could all flip around depending on the BBC's ability to do our national final with good sound, staging and an objective jury/panel, and the live singing! I really like Olivia's song but it does sound like a Brexit anthem!
BethnalGreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 21:05
haphash
Forum Member

They are all awful. Totally unmemorable.
haphash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 21:06
BethnalGreen
Forum Member

They are all awful. Totally unmemorable.
Thanks for that delightful contribution
Old 24-01-2017, 21:14
Steven_P
Forum Member

So 24 hours after for me and I think I preferred last years selection....
Steven_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 20:32
CelticMyth
Forum Member

Olivia.

Will all depend on live performances, running order, sound issues etc though would be shocked if one of the 2 guys didn't win.
CelticMyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 20:58
steeleuro_wolf
Forum Member

Thanks for that delightful contribution
True though...
Old 26-01-2017, 21:08
Multimedia81
Forum Member

I haven't heard any of them yet. I intend to watch tomorrow, but subject to them all sounding the same I voted for Olivia.
Multimedia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 21:09
KozmicBlues
Forum Member

I haven't heard any of them yet. I intend to watch tomorrow, but subject to them all sounding the same I voted for Olivia.
Oh right then
KozmicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 21:17
BethnalGreen
Forum Member

No the post I replied to was the usual and unhelpful comment we get every year and said that the important one I was replying to was that they were unmemorable. I listened to the first one in the car and it had me caught up in it that I didn't leave the car until it had finished. I then listened to the others via online radio at work with headphones and I could remember most of them afterwards. I still came back to the first one though.

Are they going to light up the scoreboard? No, but they are not that bad as people like that poster are making out and are, in the most part, memorable to a degree (memorable does not mean winning material in this case).

If these songs were in any other NF then we would not be having this conversation. We are on an upward journey with the BBC I guess and we need to let it play out. Small baby steps and a lot of encouragement of people like Guy Freeman and Hugh Goldsmith etc. We need more people like them to make it work though.
Old 26-01-2017, 21:26
steeleuro_wolf
Forum Member

No the post I replied to was the usual and unhelpful comment we get every year and said that the important one I was replying to was that they were unmemorable. I listened to the first one in the car and it had me caught up in it that I didn't leave the car until it had finished. I then listened to the others via online radio at work with headphones and I could remember most of them afterwards. I still came back to the first one though.

Are they going to light up the scoreboard? No, but they are not that bad as people like that poster are making out and are, in the most part, memorable to a degree (memorable does not mean winning material in this case).

If these songs were in any other NF then we would not be having this conversation. We are on an upward journey with the BBC I guess and we need to let it play out. Small baby steps and a lot of encouragement of people like Guy Freeman and Hugh Goldsmith etc. We need more people like them to make it work though.
If these songs were in any other NF they would sink without trace and never make it to Eurovision, that's the point. I'm not going to encourage Guy Freeman to do anything, he's been in charge for 4 years now and there's been no improvement either in the quality of songs or the results. As far as I'm concerned he seems to be coasting by on goodwill from the Katrina/Imaani days while not actually achieving anything and it's really not good enough.
Old 27-01-2017, 20:27
Alicey
Forum Member

After the live performances, I'm going for Olivia or Lucie.
Alicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 20:32
big bro geek
Forum Member

After the live performances, I'm going for Olivia or Lucie.
Definitely Lucie for me
big bro geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 20:56
emptybox
Forum Member

At least the best song won anyway.
(the programme, not the poll)
emptybox is offline   Reply With Quote