DS Forums

Houses under the hammer

Old 17-02-2017, 16:31
howardl
Forum Member

while off ill i watched the above prog,
how can a person do so much to a house in a short time , one place needed a lot of work, ...knocking down walls, damp proofing plastering , central heating etc and it was done in a very short time and they make out they done it themselves whilst doing their own job as well !!!!
howardl is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-02-2017, 17:20
zoepaulpenny
Forum Member

how can a person do so much to a house in a short time , one place needed a lot of work, ...knocking down walls, damp proofing plastering , central heating etc and it was done in a very short time and they make out they done it themselves whilst doing their own job as well !!!!
Hard work working till late, bet they did not do the labouring
zoepaulpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 17:30
dnet
Forum Member

Application of skill, experience and commitment i expect

Unless they explicitly say they did it all themselves they may have had some help. They're usually pretty clear if they had help or not
dnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 18:51
Inspiration
Forum Member

What always amuses me about these shows is they're often quite out of date. I think a lot of them were filmed during the property boom when they were giving out mortgages like candy.
Inspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 20:07
ednwireland
Forum Member

you'll find they are either n the building trade or know people, and can get the trades lined up. as an amateur getting the trades lined up to come in exactly when you need them the gaps between can add up quickly.
ednwireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 21:56
Soap Dodger
Forum Member

Noticed that an episode early this week was brand new!!! Just Martin n Dion presenting...With a home filmed in November 2016!! Hope more new ones in the pipeline!!!
Soap Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 23:43
Orangecrab
Forum Member

Noticed that an episode early this week was brand new!!! Just Martin n Dion presenting...With a home filmed in November 2016!! Hope more new ones in the pipeline!!!
The BBC intentionally transmit some new episodes of "Homes under the hammer" mixed in with repeats, same as they do with other daily shows such as "Pointless". They have said this is because feedback confirms that some people haven't seen the older episodes and would welcome the opportunity to do so.

This coming week Tuesday and Thursday are new episodes.
Orangecrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 00:18
Mark_Beales1
Forum Member

'Houses' under the hammer? Is that a new show? Obviously a big fan OP. Surprised no one else mentioned it
Mark_Beales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 00:21
Mark_Beales1
Forum Member

Lucy has buggered off to film sofa adverts. However rumour has it she wasn't best pleased when Dion came in as a new presenter
Old 20-02-2017, 00:24
Mark_Beales1
Forum Member

The BBC intentionally transmit some new episodes of "Homes under the hammer" mixed in with repeats, same as they do with other daily shows such as "Pointless". They have said this is because feedback confirms that some people haven't seen the older episodes and would welcome the opportunity to do so.

This coming week Tuesday and Thursday are new episodes.
Not that it's cheaper to broadcast only 2 new episodes a week and the rest repeats then?! Oh yes I think I've hit the nail on the head again!
Old 20-02-2017, 20:35
kmusgrave
Forum Member

Lucy has buggered off to film sofa adverts. However rumour has it she wasn't best pleased when Dion came in as a new presenter
I don't think Lucy was the only one!
kmusgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 20:40
Fairyprincess0
Forum Member

'Today on homes under the hammer, well look at a cardboard box in London you'll never be able to afford. Someplace down south with excellent "commuter links", and a shit hole up north to avoid accusations of a southern bias....'

This is pretty much every episode .......
Fairyprincess0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 20:41
Ess_Bee
Forum Member

'Houses' under the hammer? Is that a new show? Obviously a big fan OP. Surprised no one else mentioned it
It used to annoy but now amuses me the way the mods never bother to correct the title names of these threads. I remember a long-running one for "Can't Pay or We'll Take it Away" which makes absolutely no sense! It offended mah sensibilities at the time.
Ess_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote