My theory on who Missy is

1235»

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    Missy is Clara's mum from another dimension sent by The Master to warn the Doctor that the Rani is coming to bring back River Song who is also Missy to then tell the Doctor she wants a divorce.

Obviously.

Would she need a divorce?

As Time Lords change appearance and personality after regeneration do any marriages ect still count or are they counted as legally dead and they either go their separate ways as they may no longer feel the same about each other get married again or they are still married.

Edit to add

What if they change gender?
  • FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As Time Lords change appearance and personality after regeneration do any marriages ect still count or are they counted as legally dead and they either go their separate ways as they may no longer feel the same about each other get married again or they are still married.

Edit to add

Maybe gay marriage has always been legal on Gallifrey for that reason?
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is so confusing! But we must think about it all at great length because its VERY important that we do lest we appear as lesser beings. Its a fact that pontificating about IMAGINED DW story lines is a sign of GREAT INTELLIGENCE. If you don't do this? Bah. You're little more than dirt upon the shoes of greater minds.
  • Crocodile TearsCrocodile Tears Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Missy is Amy Pond! :o
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Missy is Amy Pond! :o

Kill her kill her now

Anyway she can't be she managed to go 2 mins without sulking
  • Crocodile TearsCrocodile Tears Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Kill her kill her now

Anyway she can't be she managed to go 2 mins without sulking

I quite liked Amy. Didn't mind the sulking. I just hated it when she slipped into ladette mode.
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Edit to add

Maybe it's a bit like when you buy a house. You take a lease out on a person that runs out after 100 or so years.
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so confusing! But we must think about it all at great length because its VERY important that we do lest we appear as lesser beings. Its a fact that pontificating about IMAGINED DW story lines is a sign of GREAT INTELLIGENCE. If you don't do this? Bah. You're little more than dirt upon the shoes of greater minds.

Heaven forbid we actually LEAVE the house.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I think he means more about the rumours/speculation that have been going around for years about how one day The Doctor will one day regenerate into a female incarnation and how the fans will feel about a female Doctor so it's more about the real life reason than the in show reason.

Yes, I know that's what he meant. But it's incredibly sexist to think that Clara with a sonic screwdriver is in any way the same as the Doctor becoming female - like sex is the only thing that distinguishes the companion.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Hmmm - Conjecture:

The best way to defeat your enemy is to learn about your enemy.

So, how best to learn about your enemy, if your enemy is the Doctor?

Answer - plant a stooge to become a companion who he trusts and becomes close to. Get that companion to be so close to the Doctor that she learns how the doctor works for you (without realising it). When she finally gets it, watch the whole thing of Clara being the Doctor, acting just like the Doctor on your IPad (lol) and congratulate yourself on choosing such a good stooge when your plan comes together .......

If such a theory were true then Clara has been "under the influence" of Missy ever since the shop incident but just never knew ......

All speculation naturally

After seeing next weeks trailer, I'm leaning towards this theory again today. Clara is Missy's creation, the Tardis suspected something was wrong all those years ago. Clara doesn't know it yet. Im not sure I like this yet :(

I guess also that Missy sent that little girl to the Doctor today, I think she was hoping the earth wouldn't have been protected by the trees.