Murdoch paid off Surrey police in Digital TV scandal

Comments

• mRebelmRebel Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »

And I bet it's going to get even worse for Murdoch and Newscorp.
  • 1TrueNorth1TrueNorth Posts: 4,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did i read i just read that right ? Its not illegal for companies to pay police ? Amazing loophole, needs closing.
  • mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The payment of police forces by companies is to fund security at events like football matches. In this case it is pure corruption. Pure and simple.
  • bad-beatbad-beat Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So..
    the Politicians are corrupt
    the Media is corrupt
    and the Police are corrupt.

But forget all that because David Cameron may or may not have eaten a pasty once...
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will just be ignored.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bad-beat wrote: »
    So..
    the Politicians are corrupt
    the Media is corrupt
    and the Police are corrupt.

But forget all that because David Cameron may or may not have eaten a pasty once...

BUT WAIT!! the tanker drivers are striking and theyz are evilz and look! Britain's' Got (no) Talent is on!!!

But I agree with what you say, when it comes to the bigger picture, the majority don't give a sh*t.

Whilst the bigger problems in this country are so obvious and need tackling all the establishment need to do is say LOOK Kittenz! and people are distracted and eventually lose interest in what they were initially angry about. The establishment then smiles.
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    BUT WAIT!! the tanker drivers are striking and theyz are evilz and look! Britain's' Got (no) Talent is on!!!

But I agree with what you say, when it comes to the bigger picture, the majority don't give a sh*t.

Whilst the bigger problems in this country are so obvious and need tackling all the establishment need to do is say LOOK Kittenz! and people are distracted and eventually lose interest in what they were initially angry about. The establishment then smiles.

Divide and rule.

Get students/unemployed/immigrants/people on benefits/pensioners/northerners/southerners/tanker drivers/tube drivers/Gurkhas/whatever at each others throats and they won't notice while the ruling elite make off with the spoons.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glengavel wrote: »
    Divide and rule.

Get students/unemployed/immigrants/people on benefits/pensioners/northerners/southerners/tanker drivers/tube drivers/Gurkhas/whatever at each others throats and they won't notice while the ruling elite make off with the spoons.

Agreed. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Divide and rule.

Where are all the tory defenders of this.
  • OrriOrri Posts: 9,470
    Forum Member
    Where are all the tory defenders of this.

I'm a scorpion, what did you expect?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orri wrote: »
    I'm a scorpion, what did you expect?

A boring answer.
  • Transient1Transient1 Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dick Fedorcio is the latest casualty of the scandal. He has resigned over his hiring of the ex-NoW deputy editor Neil Wallis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Transient1 wrote: »
    Dick Fedorico is the latest casualty of the scandal. He has resigned over his hiring of the ex-NoW deputy editor Neil Wallis.

It should stop at the top.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Divide and rule.

100% right.:(:mad::mad::mad:
  • OrriOrri Posts: 9,470
    Forum Member
    A boring answer.

About the only defence they could give, although they seem to be pointing the finger at Murdoch as being the most likely to use it as an excuse/reason.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    I hope the Murdoch empire is about to collapse with a large, fiery, apocalyptic crash.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting article. :)
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! All
    Yes bye bye to the Murdochs and Sod Off back to your own country, you are not welcome over here anymore, and if anyone wants someone to steal from I know someone rich they can steal from.