Buying a Replacement Nokia Battery?

flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
Forum Member
Are they all fakes? Is there a way to buy one that isn't?

Probably going to keep my N8 till the end of the year now. so i think i want a new BL-4D. Nokia used to sell them directly but don't seem to any more.

I bought one a while back. it resembled to original quite closely. but on very close inspection the hologram was blurred compared to the legit ones.

they have them on amazon from £2.38. do we think the one actually supplied by amazon itself 9th one down here might be real? or just a more expensive fake?

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I'd be more willing to think the Amazon one would be ok.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    I'd be more willing to think the Amazon one would be ok.

me too. i'm just not sure what my confidence level is.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    At least you know if you get a fake from them they will at least refund you!
    Forum Member
    A fair point.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least you intend to buy from Amazon where you do have some cover if it all goes bad, you could do worse and get one from Ebay.
    Forum Member
    right well i've ordered the amazon one. in 4-6 business days we shall see.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    right well i've ordered the amazon one. in 4-6 business days we shall see.

Good luck with that, I buy batteries for my XDA orbit2 from Amazon and they are all the same HTC originals so I think you should be fine with getting a real deal Nokia battery.
    Forum Member
    arrived this morning, couriered with warnings all over it about Li-ion. looks real. it's in retail packaging. which is oddly reassuring. obviously if you have the ability to make a fake battery with a fake hologram you can make a fake packet for it too.

but i think it's probably all ok.