OTY and Jake favourites to go this weekend.

Comments

• lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's set in stone by any means, but I wouldn't be surprised to see either of those acts leaving on Sunday. I would only be surprised if it was Andrea, Lauren, Paul, or Ben. Maybe Jay.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hannah wrote: »
    This is why Im really like this year there are so many good acts that I cant predict who will in the top 5 there are 9 acts who could all feature in the top 5

yeah I think OTY and I'd say probably say the same for Lola too as I've mentioned in another thread need a big performance if they're going to stand a chance of going the distance now and play themselves into contention but I don't think they're in danger yet. They'll at least succeed in lasting the next 2/3 lives yet before they run into difficulties unless it's another double elimination. Given we've had 2 on the bounce I'd say they'll leave it as a single for this week can't say for sure as I don't know but that's my gut feeling.

The only standout performer for me who is leading the way is Lauren as she's been the most consistent for me so far but all the other spots for the final and possible win seem up for grabs for pretty much anyone else. At the moment I'd say one spot will likely go to Lola/Andrea but I think they're both in competition with each other given they seem predominantly ballad singers. Andrea is probably leading that race right now but if Lola does what Simon suggested and takes on a song that builds her confidence she could pull herself back into that fight. The third spot I'd say is open for anyone to grab assuming there's 3 in the final as that's the normal routine
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooooo....not Paul...lol...but seriously, I can see that happening if it was a surprise... Paul will continue to lose votes as long as Andrea keeps tearing shit down...
    I'm not so sure looking around online there's a lot of people fed up with Andrea singing ballads.
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely can't be another double elimination?.
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    I'm not so sure looking around online there's a lot of people fed up with Andrea singing ballads.

At least he has a personality...Paul has 0 personality...THUS FAR...that is...

PS : I feel like I'm such a broken record, especially regarding Paul...
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rockjack wrote: »
    Surely can't be another double elimination?.
    Usually at the end of Week 3 you'd have 9 acts left. As it stands, even with another double elimination, we'd have 10, so it's possible.

They need at least 2 more extra eliminations, or one if they plan to have four in the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Usually at the end of Week 3 you'd have 9 acts left. As it stands, even with another double elimination, we'd have 10, so it's possible.

They need at least 2 more extra eliminations, or one if they plan to have four in the final.

I think its gonna be exactly like series 7...there wasn't another double until like week 8...where Katie and Wagner went home...and yes final 4 instead...I hope its not a double...
  • xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a song like BOOM CLAP no chance OTY are going home
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a song like BOOM CLAP no chance OTY are going home

Realistically, anyone has a chance of going home...
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Only The Young leaving would be the biggest injustice ever.
    Forum Member
    I think its gonna be exactly like series 7...there wasn't another double until like week 8...where Katie and Wagner went home...and yes final 4 instead...I hope its not a double...
    They will want to reserve it for a week later on in the series when they 'need' to manipulate the results.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    Only The Young leaving would be the biggest injustice ever.

Not the BIGGEST...there a few others that would top that...
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the BIGGEST...there a few others that would top that...

Agreed I could think of a few as well but I think OTY are pretty safe anyway for at least another 2/3 weeks
    Forum Member
    Agreed I could think of a few as well but I think OTY are pretty safe anyway for at least another 2/3 weeks
    Given that Louis lost two acts in the first week and came close to losing a third in the second week, if OTY are in the bottom two, they will be saved over almost anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Given that Louis lost two acts in the first week and came close to losing a third in the second week, if OTY are in the bottom two, they will be saved over almost anyone.

Key word... ALMOST...and I dont think they based it on how many acts someone has got...
    Forum Member
    Key word... ALMOST...and I dont think they based it on how many acts someone has got...
    Yes, almost anyone - but I'd say anyone who is likely to be in the bottom two.

No, not entirely, but they wouldn't want one judge to be redundant so early on in the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Yes, almost anyone - but I'd say anyone who is likely to be in the bottom two.

No, not entirely, but they wouldn't want one judge to be redundant so early on in the series.

I think it is possible that Only The Young could be the only group left after this week though...I'm presuming some of the boys could be targeted this week...most likely Jake...after all, Simon's show and Mel has way too many acts left...so I say if they can justify getting rid of someone from the boys category, they will...so I guess to a certain extent, they can tailor strategy in their favor depending on how the performances go, so in that way...how many acts a judge has can matter, but its not largely the case...
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Not according to the odds http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/x-factor/next-elimination

Jake, Stevi, Stereo and Jack are ahead of OTY to go :cool:
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Not according to the odds http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/x-factor/next-elimination

Jake, Stevi, Stereo and Jack are ahead of OTY to go :cool:

Aye as stated on the previous page the tellymix article is actually a load of rubbish and bares no resemblance to the actual odds
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye as stated on the previous page the tellymix article is actually a load of rubbish and bares no resemblance to the actual odds

What are the actual odds...???.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    What are the actual odds...???.

Here http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/x-factor/next-elimination :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm surprised Andrea is higher in the elimination odds than Ben....:confused:...or is he not???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OTY will make the final imo, no way do they go this weekend!
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised Andrea is higher in the elimination odds than Ben....:confused:...or is he not???

hes not

from what I can see the person who has really shortened for elimination since the song choices were announced is jack
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jake? :eek: I can't see him leaving, not for a while.