Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 24, Thurdsday 10pm BBC2

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick reminder that the Josh Groban edition is on Tueday night at 10 rather than Thursday as is usual
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Incidentally I enjoyed Napoleon Dynamite and have all the DVDs by Bill Bailey, so what does that say about me?
    It probably means you like high-brow humour. On reflection, Napoleon Dynamite probably wasn't the best example, it does rely on the surreal, but it's also clever and very, very dry.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juliette Lewis is a Hollywood film star who's starred in movies such as Natural Born Killers, From Dusk Till Dawn, and Cape Fear. She then basically gave up on the movies to focus on her music, and has had a little success with that. I like her in her movies, but she was the worst guest host yet.

Indeed, she's a fine actress. I actually quite liked her, she appears to be the genuine article..slightly barking.
    You get so many girls who want to appear zany and off-the-wall in a "look at me, I'm mad" kind of way..Juliette Lewis has been genuinely strange for years.
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    Checked it out for the first time since Simon left, Juliette Lewis must have been on some kind of drug.

I missed this but must take a look. I met Juliette Lewis a couple of years ago at something and she was lovely, really lovely. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    read through the last few pages and found the need to comment!

I cant say I found Lee Mack particulary funny, Juliette Lewis needs to lay off the coke and westwood was poor too (I actually find him funny on the radio) but the transition to tv doesnt work for him (see pimp my ride!)

Vic Reeves was clearlt trying to compete with Noel and failed massively. Joke teeth? please.

From what ive seen and heard (interview with jupitus) it seems simon amstell left due to an ultimatum from phil, he leaves or I do.

Well they should have shown him a very large door combined with a foot up his arse.

Bring back Simon!!!!
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    read through the last few pages and found the need to comment!

I cant say I found Lee Mack particulary funny, Juliette Lewis needs to lay off the coke and westwood was poor too (I actually find him funny on the radio) but the transition to tv doesnt work for him (see pimp my ride!)

Vic Reeves was clearlt trying to compete with Noel and failed massively. Joke teeth? please.

From what ive seen and heard (interview with jupitus) it seems simon amstell left due to an ultimatum from phil, he leaves or I do.

Well they should have shown him a very large door combined with a foot up his arse.

Bring back Simon!!!!

Watched it last night online. It was brutal.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t normally like the White Trash Queen but I quite took to Juliette Lewis hosting this. Intentionally or unintentionally I found her more entertaining that Jupitus and Fielding put together.

My God, Vic Reeves cuts a pathetic figure these days. **** off grandad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Josh Groban tonight at 10:45

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wlgql
  • CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it last night online. It was brutal.

O really?
    I'd like to see that interview, any links?
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, for the first time this series I actually enjoyed that! Josh Groban was great.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much, much better tonight. Amazing what a difference a good host and some good guests can make to a show.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed that...fair play to Michael Ball, always joins in when he is on a show and you know he is going to enjoy himself and have a laugh.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great show tonight, proves that the right host really does make all the difference. Josh Groban is incredibly likeable, funny and easily took host of the series. I've never had a problem with Phil, but I am starting to wonder if it's time for him to stand down. He doesn't really fit anymore.

Just heard while typing this that it's back next Thursday. I don't know why, but I had presumed tonight was the last of the series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best moments of the series...when Josh told Phil to 'f*ck off' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's edition was the first time I've watched it all the way through this series

Give Josh the presenting gig full-time!!!!
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Josh Groban the first time that he appeared on Buzzcocks and loved him again tonight presenting it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Josh presented it really well - though I wasn't really worried after seeing his guest performance! He's actually really funny and seems like a lovely guy. I'm not ashamed to say I had a genuinely warm, christmassy feeling by the end of the show...it felt like the end of a series :)
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buzzccks is back! Ironic how it takes an American to give the best performance all series, closely followed by another Yank, Juliette Lewis.

Jupitus, do us all a favour and quit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Awesome... but then I am a mahoosive Josh Groban fan anyway. Even Michael Ball was okay and usually I don't like him at all.
  • CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best moments of the series...when Josh told Phil to 'f*ck off' :D

Definitely. :D Ah that was a great ep.
  • CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a good episode in direct comparison to last weeks but hardly amazing.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Josh Groban was brilliant. The only episode I've really enjoyed from this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Josh Groban was a fab host!! In comparison to the rest of the series last nights was brilliant.

I hate to say I agree that it may be time for Phill to step down...He used to be hilarious and my favourite. But now he seems like he has lost his spark. Shame, as he is a very funny man. Well, I think so :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the 2nd half of the episode and it was brilliant. I'm not sure they could pull it off with him on every week though, but i'd say that they should absolutely have him back at least once or twice a series if they're going to continue with guest hosts.

Loved it when he told phil to **** off as well .. possibly the least offensive profanity i've ever heard :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the episode recorded live back in November, wasn't sure if it would transfer how good it was when it was shown but it did it seems.

To add to everyone talking about Phil, if you see him at a live recording, he really does think everything revolves around him and tries to take control.

Can't believe they got rid of Simon over him.