adult room

Comments

• agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    Bollocks to that, I'd be in like a shot.

It would be funny...:D
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There you are, that's why it would be good. ;-)

See ya, vosne. :D

No, you can't. I have standards \/ :p
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    I'd feel seedy even posting in it. It would cause more *MAH's too, who wouldn't want to be 'seen' posting in it :D

*MAH's = Multiple Account Holders.
    It's why I love DS, as it is, because it doesn't have all that stuff that is available elsewhere for those that want it.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I don't think DS is a place for offensive jokes.

If it was up to me I'd wipe 'Chatter' off the face of the earth.

This used to be a good forum, with good discussions. Now more often than not a thread seems to be either a big joke, a nasty attack on somebody or just irreverent nonsense, attention seeking or trolling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    I must admit I don't think DS is a place for offensive jokes.

If it was up to me I'd wipe 'Chatter' off the face of the earth.

This used to be a good forum, with good discussions. Now more often than not a thread seems to be either a big joke, a nasty attack on somebody or just irreverent nonsense, attention seeking or trolling.

I'm not seeing the problem :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing the problem :confused:

Meh.. it's a time thing.

A few years ago I used to enjoy posting here. Now it feels like people do one of two things:
    • Can't take anything seriously
      or
    • Fight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh.. it's a time thing.

A few years ago I used to enjoy posting here. Now it feels like people do one of two things:
    • Can't take anything seriously
      or
    • Fight

Come of it...there's never any real fights on here. They get stomped on in a nanosecond.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    The most offensive posters on this site tend to be the most childish.

Maybe there should be a kiddie room for them where they can joke about poo and other peoples misfortune.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    The most offensive posters on this site tend to be the most childish.

Maybe there should be a kiddie room for them where they can joke about poo and other peoples misfortune.

Maybe no single person who doesn't own the site or is employed by the owners gets to decide what's offensive :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come of it...there's never any real fights on here. They get stomped on in a nanosecond.

Well, 'fight' is probably a strong word.

Another way of putting it is 'acting like a knob' :D
    Forum Member
    Maybe no single person who doesn't own the site or is employed by the owners gets to decide what's offensive :)

We already know that.

I presume this thread was a suggestion thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with irreverence or not taking certain things - not everything - seriously?

It's "General Discussion", ffs. And different things make people laugh. As someone pointed out earlier, they tried to start a "most inoffensive jokes ever" thread. But it failed as there always seems to be something that offends everybody. General Discussion doesn't necessarily always have to be doom'n'gloom'n'misery & highbrow stuff. Our lives are bloody hard enough as is, why can't we have a bit of whimsy & irreverence at times?

Or is that banned too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, 'fight' is probably a strong word.

Another way of putting it is 'acting like a knob' :D

I am not familiar with knobs *snout*

*deletes albums*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with irreverence or not taking certain things - not everything - seriously?

It's "General Discussion", ffs. And different things make people laugh. As someone pointed out earlier, they tried to start a "most inoffensive jokes ever" thread. But it failed as there always seems to be something that offends everybody. General Discussion doesn't necessarily always have to be doom'n'gloom'n'misery & highbrow stuff. Our lives are bloody hard enough as is, why can't we have a bit of whimsy & irreverence at times?

Or is that banned too?

Reported >:(
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craigslist is the place to go for 'action'.They cater for every possible perversion imaginable.So I hear.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    I like a bit of whimsy and irreverence...
    Forum Member

Or is that banned too?

I think you're taking things too seriously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Craigslist is the place to go for 'action'.They cater for every possible perversion imaginable.So I hear.

Link?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh who am I kidding. I've got an effing shop on there. I tried Vosne's Varicose Veins - touch 'em for a fiver, ten for a lick - but it didn't seem to take off :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Link?

I'm not going to be the one responsible for corrupting your innocent mind.:D
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trayhop123 wrote: »
    dear ds , ,,,, i realise that this is a family site ,,, but is there anyway in which you could impliment an adults only room. ? ,, with id checks etc if necessary etc .

the taking down of miss pino's '' offensive jokes'' thread was a shame , ,,, i realise why you had to close it obviously as a lot of minors read your site etc,,,

surely it wouldn't be too hard

What the HELL's with all the commas? Only one at a time,ever. You can do ......if you like, but just single commas please and thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or is that banned too?

Well, there is nothing wrong with it per-sey.. hence why 'Chatter' exists! :)

At one time the bullshit was confined to there. Now it seems to spill out into GD regularly.

I come here for intellectual stimulation (believe it or not! *eye-roll*). DS: GD used to be a great place for a serious, interesting and intellectual discussion. I swear there used to be more intelligent liberals around here as well.

Now half the posts are reminiscent of MailOnline comments. This place has seriously slid, relatively to how it used to be.

DS has always been (or at least used to be) a fairly 'grown up' and in some places a very intensely technical forum.. but now..

Don't get me wrong, it's not entirely the fault of the posters. Hearst has done its best to rebrand DS into something more reminiscent of the same mass-media sludge as seen everywhere else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh who am I kidding. I've got an effing shop on there. I tried Vosne's Varicose Veins - touch 'em for a fiver, ten for a lick - but it didn't seem to take off :(

You've got to make the veins stand out a bit more.With a pic.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I resent the way some people think that those of us who don't find 'black humour' hysterical, have no sense of humour otherwise.

Absolutely 100% untrue.

But I make no apology whatsoever in not finding the misfortune of innocent people, comical.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FilliA wrote: »
    What the HELL's with all the commas? Only one at a time,ever. You can do ......if you like, but just single commas please and thanks.

My phone does that, there isn't a full stop unless you go into 'symbols' so it takes bloomin' ages to make a post. Maybe that's why? as commas are easier than fullstops.