Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    Frank823Frank823 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Someone who worked at the Gala foundation when Leona performed just told me she sang Better in Time, Don’t Let Me Down, Whatever It Takes, Happy and Bleeding Love.

I wanna hear her sing DLMD and WiT again after all these years

Why do they have to pretend GH doesn't exist? Spirit is 7 years old. :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank823 wrote: »
    Why do they have to pretend GH doesn't exist? Spirit is 7 years old. :cry::cry::cry:

It was an event in the US and it wasn't released there :D She sang Glassheart in Germany though :)
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Frank823 wrote: »

I guess it was US event. GH wasn't released over there so there's no point to perform songs from that album.
  • Options
    butlernybutlerny Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Gala was in USA? yes?

That was where Spirit was biggest and they haven't heard Leona sing those songs ..some people ever! it would remind people who she is as peopl will remember thier favourites from the album...GH wasnt released over there so no point singing the songs..I think her and her team know what they are doing and reminding people who she is is whats needed in USA:D
  • Options
    pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found out Leona account on fb..what a weird name..of course i do not even try to add her #keep#life#private
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pes wrote: »
    Just found out Leona account on fb..what a weird name..of course i do not even try to add her #keep#life#private

Haha, I also found her once, it was easier than I expected :p
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Just got a proper sales figure for "Run" earlier this year

Leona Lewis - Run - 832,000 (#1) [03/01/2014]

That's 3rd January, not 1st March. "Run" should be near 840k now I think. ^_^
  • Options
    AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! I'm here again :cool:

Why are you so excited? Tell me all the news/rumours hahahaha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned Sarah saying that she was teasing us for Leona's new single and that I was even more excited, and she replied back with this:

@Key_ToUrHeart wait... i am? lol (don't really know how to do the quote thing and make it look all fancy lol).

Anyway, I don't know if that answer really says much, just thought I'd post it to add on to everything else we've gotten from her so far :p
  • Options
    LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Leona did perform her new single at WWA , then there could be a chance she could perform it on BGT final, :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned Sarah saying that she was teasing us for Leona's new single and that I was even more excited, and she replied back with this:

@Key_ToUrHeart wait... i am? lol (don't really know how to do the quote thing and make it look all fancy lol).

Anyway, I don't know if that answer really says much, just thought I'd post it to add on to everything else we've gotten from her so far :p

Mmhmm... She must have meant something else then? Hopefully Leona related.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg that must have been embarrassing
    https://twitter.com/itsnhutle/status/470247573584740352/photo/1/large

He said she was at the studios in Burbank
  • Options
    deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libbyliz wrote: »
    If Leona did perform her new single at WWA , then there could be a chance she could perform it on BGT final, :)

I was just reading the Music forum and It sounds like Cheryl will be performing on the BGT Final though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deedee1962 wrote: »
    I was just reading the Music forum and It sounds like Cheryl will be performing on the BGT Final though.

Yeah all artists have been announced already and Leona isn't on it
  • Options
    LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona not on it ! >:( :cry:
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Libbyliz wrote: »
    Leona not on it ! >:( :cry:

Why would she be on though? She has no single out or announced yet. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OFF TOPIC

But I just did another cover of one of Leona's songs and I would love to get some comments/feedback on it.

The song I covered is 'Strangers'

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/luuklewis-official/strangers-leona-lewis-cover
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol I don't know what she was alluding too but I def think something's brewing. It'll be interesting to see what it turns out to be.
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    OFF TOPIC

But I just did another cover of one of Leona's songs and I would love to get some comments/feedback on it.

Great cover of Leona's best song :D
  • Options
    esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So it's not a single then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    OFF TOPIC

She should have recorded like that tbh, I like it more slower :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should have recorded like that tbh, I like it more slower :D

Yeah I wish she had recorded it like this too, every time I hear the original I just imagine it to be like this... :blush:

EDIT: And I think the original chorus is kind of weak so I changed it up a bit :p
    volume3d wrote:
    Great cover of Leona's best song

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmhmm... She must have meant something else then? Hopefully Leona related.
    Lol I don't know what she was alluding too but I def think something's brewing. It'll be interesting to see what it turns out to be.
    esesohsam wrote: »
    So it's not a single then.

It's hard to tell really since it's over the Internet. Maybe she is talking about Leona's new single and was just playing around with my reply, who knows. But I think we should definitely pay attention to what she's said to Soe, as even if it doesn't have to do with Leona's single, I feel like it at least means something big is coming for Leona!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to tell really since it's over the Internet. Maybe she is talking about Leona's new single and was just playing around with my reply, who knows. But I think we should definitely pay attention to what she's said to Soe, as even if it doesn't have to do with Leona's single, I feel like it at least means something big is coming for Leona!

Well I won't be losing my cool for a random BL performance though :cool: Nor will I lose it for a concert in Vienna, eventhough I'm excited about it :)

It has to be something special, maybe she does mean WMA and is she doing a special performance (no new single) that will blow us away? But if I go by what Knowall said the WMA won't be special but maybe things have changed.

I do hope she'll do some interviews because the other gigs didn't have any :/
  • Options
    esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's the new xfactor judge!
This discussion has been closed.