The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Paul!

*squints mysteriously at you* Do you know this for sure? And do you know if it's music related?
    Thank you :cool:.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Paul!

*squints mysteriously at you* Do you know this for sure? And do you know if it's music related?

Yes, 100% sure :) Don't know if it's music related but it's something we're waiting to know :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I suppose this announcement is gonna be coming... SOON? :(
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Yes, 100% sure :) Don't know if it's music related but it's something we're waiting to know :)

As we're waiting to hear anything at all, I'm sure you're right!

I see you have now made over 14,000 posts! :cool: You put the rest of us to shame :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oooh very exciting! Thanks :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    As we're waiting to hear anything at all, I'm sure you're right!

I see you have now made over 14,000 posts! :cool: You put the rest of us to shame :(

Aw damn, I didn't even notice my 14,000th post :cry: Not all my posts are posted here though :D
  • pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only who expected news from the premiere..i mean there aren't many interviews about her music..and the few are just about the fact that she has signed to island
  • esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She definitely filmed quite a few interviews so I reckon throughout the day, we'll get to see more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    esesohsam wrote: »
    She definitely filmed quite a few interviews so I reckon throughout the day, we'll get to see more

Didn't you have a full list of questions? :cool: :D

I don't think she got questioned about new music though, it was WoS promo at the end of the day
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    There was a hell of a lot of press about this label change so anyone who follows this sort of thing will know a new Leona album under a new label is in the pipeline.

Also leona will have all the PR commitments of this movie to deal with in the short term and no doubt she will only be allowed to promote this movie which has nothing to do with the label stuff.

I'm sure information will come out in due course.

As I believe the new album has yet to be started then I don't see how there will be much information she could give out anyhow at this stage.

All she has to say is something like this, 'the album will hopefully be out this year' or 'the album will be out next year'. I think thats all that most of us want to know, its not like Leona's not going to know if they are planning a release this year or not.

Oh that is interesting, I imagine its music related, she doesn't have much else happening I don't think. I hope it really is soon and not Leona soon. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Oh that is interesting, I imagine its music related, she doesn't have much else happening I don't think. I hope it really is soon and not Leona soon. :p

Well I was talking about new music and they said they "can't confirm anything just yet" but there's an announcement coming up that they "assume we're waiting to know also"

The "also" makes me think it's about something else related but I can't think of anything else though..

Also the way they said "cant confirm anything just yet", the "just yet" sounds to me as they're planning on releasing something soon?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't you have a full list of questions? :cool: :D

I don't think she got questioned about new music though, it was WoS promo at the end of the day

:cry::cry::cry: I did but she was being dragged away from me, I had to make the choice between a selfie or music news lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I was talking about new music and they said they "can't confirm anything just yet" but there's an announcement coming up that they "assume we're waiting to know also"

The "also" makes me think it's about something else related but I can't think of anything else though..

Also the way they said "cant confirm anything just yet", the "just yet" sounds to me as they're planning on releasing something soon?

The "just yet" could also mean Leona has recorded one song haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmm, that 'also' does make it sound like it might not be directly music related.

Maybe its confirmation on a US deal with Island Records? I know The Hollywood Reporter said it was a worldwide deal, but Leona did just tweet @IslandRecordsUK. I can't think of anything else that we are waiting to find out. :confused:

Who knows, looking forward to finding out though.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the daily mail not made an article about the premiere? I don't like the site but they always have great pictures, they usually report Leona-related things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Leona looked stunning amazing last night :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have the daily mail not made an article about the premiere? I don't like the site but they always have great pictures, they usually report Leona-related things.

They did one on Emma Thompson's appearance, with Leona getting a side mention.
  • Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did one on Emma Thompson's appearance, with Leona getting a side mention.

stupid DM, Emma is not even in the film, how can Leona only get a side mention when she is in the film
  • LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    I got accepted into the college course I wanted today, and when I left the building I seen a huge poster of Leona on the side of a bus! It's been a good day for me :D

I actually seen three separate posters for WOS on three different buses, it's like Spirit era all over again!

Congratulations Paul. WOS all over our buses in Derby , i keep giving Leona a little wave when she goes by :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    It appears there's even a VEVO Channel of the WOS songs! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4RPfBG-2LbUEDVNn360jQ
  • amo1980amo1980 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe festival appearances? Has been mentioned in here lately... and acts are still being added to line-ups... read about James Arthur being added to one of em very recently :confused:
  • kokoskokos Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luuk wrote: »
    It appears there's even a VEVO Channel of the WOS songs! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4RPfBG-2LbUEDVNn360jQ

WOW I'm quite impressed about all the promo. Did not expect this at all :p
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All she has to say is something like this, 'the album will hopefully be out this year' or 'the album will be out next year'. I think thats all that most of us want to know, its not like Leona's not going to know if they are planning a release this year or not.

Well it's blindingly obvious she is very likely to release an album at some point this year or next, it says as much in the Island press release that she's heading into the studio to make the 'record' we know she is capable of.

I'm not sure that saying there will be a new album out this year or next is going to be particularly helpful.

When she does announce things I'd prefer it to be concrete information. Hopefully this announcement we think she is going to make will be like this.

It's possible that she has new music ready to go but also it's equally possible that she might be just very busy for the next 9 months recording this 'new' record.

Time will tell.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    Well it's blindingly obvious she is very likely to release an album at some point this year or next, it says as much in the Island press release that she's heading into the studio to make the 'record' we know she is capable of.

I'm not sure that saying there will be a new album out this year or next is going to be particularly helpful.

When she does announce things I'd prefer it to be concrete information. Hopefully this announcement we think she is going to make will be like this.

It's possible that she has new music ready to go but also it's equally possible that she might be just very busy for the next 9 months recording this 'new' record.

Time will tell.

Well they may aswell not make an annoucment if thats what they may say. Pretty ridiculous tbf.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I'm excited. It's kind of early stages right now so I'm just looking forward to making music with them," :cry::cry:
This discussion has been closed.