Options

Creepy stares. Have you ever been stared at?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever had a staring contest with a complete stranger ?

OK mate, you want to stare, I can stare back too,

Christ , that's been 60 seconds now, I've gotta blink soon, he's not blinking, the utter bastard.

Defeated again, you pathetic loser.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Not any time recently, but old people (most commonly women) used to stare at me when I was younger. Never figured out why (I never had blue hair or a chain hanging from my nose or anything like that).
    I just stared back at them until they stopped.
  • Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its strange,but I have days when no one stares at me and I feel I am blending in well,and other days when every other person seems to be staring at me for reasons I know not as soon as I leave the house.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dsimiller wrote: »
    Its strange,but I have days when no one stares at me and I feel I am blending in well,and other days when every other person seems to be staring at me for reasons I know not as soon as I leave the house.

I may be wrong but the Rupert The Bear onesie might have something to do with it.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    As looking at someone becoming a stare varies in interpretation for everyone, it can't really be defined.
    If it is accompanied by much wiggling of eyebrows that might reduce the possibilities somewhat, though whether I am meaning that in relation to 'interpretation' or 'later activity' is an exercise left for the reader ;)
  • Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    If you're not dressed in extremely 'out there' clothes, or behaving like a moron, it's usually a compliment to be stared at, so I don't mind most of the time when strangers do it, which is pretty much everyday to be honest. I'd probably use the phrase 'extended glances' for most....

If I ever hold my glance at a female it's usually because I find them attractive, or like their style. If I ever hold my glance at a male it's usually what's known as 'checking out the competition'. Guys always check each other out, in a sort of alpha male 'who's the best' kind of way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind being stared at, its when blokes whistle or shout stuff that I cant stand.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind being stared at, its when blokes whistle or shout stuff that I cant stand.

Phwoaarr!!

Blue cheese - you don't get many of them to the pound darlin!!

Etc.

:D

I get stared at a lot.

But then again I do keep the severed heads of my victims arranged tastefully on the mantlepiece so it cannot really be helped. ^_^
  • Options
    Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phwoaarr!!

Blue cheese - you don't get many of them to the pound darlin!!

Etc.

:D

I get stared at a lot.

But then again I do keep the severed heads of my victims arranged tastefully on the mantlepiece so it cannot really be helped. ^_^

Who's gonna be your next victims? :eek:
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get odd stares all of the time (because of my hair)... I don't actually notice it anymore. Today I was out with my mum, and she asked if I realised people were staring, seems I've started living in my own bubble :D
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's gonna be your next victims? :eek:

I am thinking about it...
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    I get odd stares all of the time (because of my hair)... I don't actually notice it anymore. Today I was out with my mum, and she asked if I realised people were staring, seems I've started living in my own bubble :D

I'm going to be nosey and ask what your hair is like

:blush: