Registering a second hand Blackberry on O2

WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
Forum Member
Hi all, just a quick scenario ... anyone who has been in this situation please let me know if its resolvable!

Bought a Blackberry 8900 from a CEX store. I rang up Customer Service to change my iPhone tariff to a Blackberry bolt on, and that will be activated 20th August.

However, I know that the previous owner did not de-register the Blackberry PIN from Orange. I rang Orange to try to get them to release the pin but they wouldn't do it for me - only the original owner. When I mentioned this to the guy on o2 customer services, he said that o2 would be able to resolve it.

Is this true or was he just wanting to get onto the next call? I basically have 24 hours in which I can return this Blackberry, so can't wait until 20th August to see if he was accurate!

Will o2 be able to remove the pin from orange and set my new Blackberry up with them?

Cheers

Comments

• prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    It is possible for O2 to escalate this to RIM and have the PIN released. Whether its changed in the past few years I don't know, but it used to take weeks just to hear whether it was going to happen.
    Personally, I wouldn't bother as the hassle involved and the possibility of it not being released far outweigh any cost savings.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would return it, it's not worth taking the chance. Anyway it's from CEX so the previous owner is probably laying in a ditch somewhere.