Best airline/aircraft you flown with

brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
I hear emirates A380 is the best service but could be wrong who else have flown or what is the best airline/aircraft to fly with

Comments

• Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Qantas for me.

I flew out to Australia with them and British Airways on the way back. BA were utter crap by comparison.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BA, Qantas & JAL
  • AVTECHAVTECH Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it was Titan Airways (private charter company) http://www.titan-airways.com/home.html
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laker.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    British Airways (our airline of choice)
    Singapore Airlines were good too.

To be honest, I can't recall any airline I've flown with as 'bad'.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked flying Virgin in their 747s, although both Cathay Pacific and Qantas have impressed at times.

Never been in one of those A380s. I like the way the smaller Airbus planes land, they create a cushion of air under the plane that makes landings smoother than Boeings. If they've pulled that off on the A380 then that's well worth a trip one day.

Not on Emirates though. I won't give my money directly to any country that treats gay people like myself as criminals, so the entire UAE and anything from there is off limits.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Singapore Airlines
  • BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emirates with the missus, easy jet with the lads, you can have good banter with easy jet
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Qantas / Singapore Airlines / Emirates.

All on the long haul to Oz.
  • BinaryDadBinaryDad Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Singapore Airlines on a A380 to Australia. But then, my flight back was pretty empty and I had an entire row of seats to myself. But the service was top notch and the in-flight entertainment was pretty varied.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 14,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love BA :cool:

Have flown with them for over 20 years with no negative experiences whatsoever.

Flying Virgin for the first time in a few weeks and I'm dreading it :(
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British Airways. Everything about the service was fantastic.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delta, it was some years ago though.
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite was Qantas. Service from cabin crew was fantastic. And the amount of food we were served was outrageous!

Flown with Cathay Pacific too, again to Australia. Good service, decent overall experience but just not quite as good as my trip with Qantas.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Qantas, British Airways, Air Canada
  • CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Venga Airways, perfect for going to Ibiza.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought of a now defunct one. Sun Air, back from when I lived in South Africa. They used to bring everyone on board a glass of champagne before take off, and you never had anyone sat next to you unless you were actually travelling together.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British Airways, RAF and USAF.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Royal Jordanian, lovely flight, food, service, seat pitch etc.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I've been on an Emirates A380 a couple of times. Nothing particularly different from other airlines to be honest.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most airlines are much the same now.

There are obvious exceptions eg. Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific etc etc
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BA and Virgin, both 747's
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    go Whooshywings, faster than thoughtobole, peepers porthole fider than the melly conceibates, vertigone all over the next row when no paper baggy and the smelldestrocious! time for another gin and chronic settleseltzer, pinchy bum hostesses mostests, all lipsty thankyou and goodbode fair traveller drainhiggy, don't forget the dutypriceys.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 14,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    go Whooshywings, faster than thoughtobole, peepers porthole fider than the melly conceibates, vertigone all over the next row when no paper baggy and the smelldestrocious! time for another gin and chronic settleseltzer, pinchy bum hostesses mostests, all lipsty thankyou and goodbode fair traveller drainhiggy, don't forget the dutypriceys.
    Ahahahaaa!!! :D

Been hoping you'd do some more :kitty:
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emirates. Saying that, U.S. Airways and American Airlines both made the transatlantic crossing very comfortable.
    Suppose we've been lucky - never really had reason to complain about any airline.