Options

Tea

fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How do you have yours? Discussion at work yesterday about what constitutes a 'proper' cup of tea.

Mine: 2/3rds cup of boiling water, add the bag and sugar, leave it until it's proper strong then put loads of milk in til it looks weak. So strong and milky for me.

you?

Comments

• Options
    pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it quite strong with honey instead of sugar. Medium amount of milk
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please.

Milk, one sugar, not too strong.
  • Options
    Corkhead.Corkhead. Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I like it strong, no sugar. Thanks to my wife's never ending diet (the one she's been on since we got engaged), I've by now gotten used to skimmed milk.

I've been known to fortify my tea, on a chilly day at the football, with a drop of rum. Ahhhhh.... Now that warms the cockles of your heart.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two sugars, please. I don't care how much milk.....
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half a spoon of sugar [Dad has one and a half as he has a sweet tooth] bit of skimmed milk. In the winter I put whiskey in it to give it some flavor.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a strong brew with a splash of skimmed milk. I can't stand it too milky.

No sugar - sugar in tea is revolting and ruins it. It doesn't even taste like tea anymore once it's got sugar in it. Ugh.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Black, no sugar
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put the teabag and one sugar in first then the water then I add some soya milk. It turns out medium milky.
  • Options
    sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    3 teabags in the teapot then drunk black.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little bit of milk in cup first. Strong. One sugar. Semi skimmed milk. Hate it lukewarm and too milky!
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teabag and half a teaspoon of sugar in the cup, pour boiling water in then stir until the tea looks strong then add milk until it starts to go light. I hate milky tea...yuk!!
    Fussy aren't I? :p
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Strong, just a drop of milk and two sugars. Heaven.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Green Tea. No milk, no sugar.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    Quite strong, a bit of milk, no sugar EVER. Occasionally some honey.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No likey. Soz peeps, I'll leave you to your leaves & go play with me beans.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sej17 wrote: »
    3 teabags in the teapot then drunk black.

Out of the teapot? :p
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Herbal or green, no milk or sugar
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning Tea
    I like the morning tea to be strong so bag is in the cup / pot for a while and then just a little milk and 2 sugars. I should point it is a big mug so would be just one normal sugar. Bit of a builders tea this one

Afternoon Tea
    I do like a lighter afternoon tea like an earl grey so the tea bag is not in the cup long and just a dash of milk for colour.

Night Tea
    Not always the case but a tea later tends to be a Green Tea. Japanese style so bag is not the cup long at all but no milk or sugar. I do rather like some of the different types of Green tea with lemon, etc. So I tend to try out different ones.

White Tea.
    If you have not heard of white tea i suggest you try it. I dont have it often maybe once a week. It is drunk much like Green tea without milk and sugar. It is really healthly full antioxidant in greater numbers than other teas. It is rather nice but a little more expensive so you could not solo drink this.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strong tea and half a spoon of sugar. Enough milk to colour it - can't stand it too milky :kitty:
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    oh how i ♥ my tea.............

i cannot bear tea but if i do fancy a cup it`s real leaves blended by the man on the market, in a pot and bone china, scant milk or just lemon. no sugar.

i know. i`m the same with pimms. :blush::blush:

edit: except i love pimms.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I prefer loose tea in a teapot, but in work I use teabags.

Either way it has to be left to brew. You see lots of people making tea by pouring boiling water onto the teabag, quickly stirring it, then pushing the bag against the side of the cup, and removing it... all in about 10 seconds.

I leave tea to brew for three minutes so the infusion stengthens and becomes full of flavour.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    One teaspoon of tea into pot (pref a blend of white, green, oolong, black and pu'erh), add hot water and leave for 5 mins. Strain into mug and drink.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sugar - sugar in tea is revolting and ruins it. It doesn't even taste like tea anymore once it's got sugar in it. Ugh.

And milk in tea doesn't ruin the taste? (Especially the amount the OP uses.)
  • Options
    jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    fleabee wrote: »
    How do you have yours? Discussion at work yesterday about what constitutes a 'proper' cup of tea.

Mine: 2/3rds cup of boiling water, add the bag and sugar, leave it until it's proper strong then put loads of milk in til it looks weak. So strong and milky for me.

you?

You have too much time on your hands.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just like my tea to be available.

As someone who is in the car for an awful lot of the day, you just cannot find a nice cup of tea anywhere that's easy to stop off. It really annoys me.