Options

EE sim update number?

Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
Forum Member
Anyone know the number to text on t-mobile to get the operator logo to show as EE?

Two phones I have don't seem to be showing it or accessing the former orange network.

Comments

• Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Text START to 2121
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    thanks!

much appreciated :)
  • Options
    sdduksdduk Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Text START to 2121

Thank you
    Didn't know that been wanting to get rid of the t-mobile sign for a while now
    Good piece of Info.
  • Options
    interactiv-ukinteractiv-uk Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My T-Mobile SIM shows EE when on the T-Mobile side of the network but still shows T-Mobile Orange when on the Orange side. It did used to show as EE for both but one of the last carrier updates seemed to change it to the current set up.

Will texting START to 2121 fix this for me or is my situation something different?
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My T-Mobile SIM shows EE when on the T-Mobile side of the network but still shows T-Mobile Orange when on the Orange side. It did used to show as EE for both but one of the last carrier updates seemed to change it to the current set up.

Why do you want to change it, surely (as geeky info) it gives more of a clue as to how you're connected at present ? Why hide the info for yourself ?
  • Options
    interactiv-ukinteractiv-uk Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True! Is is nice to know sometimes in a sad way!! :D
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member

As you mentioned "carrier update" I'm guessing you have an iPhone, in which case the text will do nothing.
  • Options
    sillssills Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Is there a number that does the same for Orange customers? My SIM still shows Orange or T-Mobile.
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long does it take for an EE pay as you go sim to arrive when you order one?
  • Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2-3 working days for me.
  • Options
    de525made525ma Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark C wrote: »
    Why do you want to change it, surely (as geeky info) it gives more of a clue as to how you're connected at present ? Why hide the info for yourself ?

If you are on Android you can install phono - it puts your operator logo in the top left. It shows EE with a pink bar or an orange bar depending on which network you're on.
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    2-3 working days for me.

I forgot to say that my EE SIM card came 2 days after I commented on this thread