o2 credit check rejection

2»

Comments

• Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    All the credit reference agencies must by law provide your full report for £2. There is no need to join.

And you *can* join just for the free month and cancel without paying them anything - though you can't do this repeatedly. For casual users, £2 once a year or so is just fine.

I was quite happy to pay £4-5 a month, but now I really do need to cancel it.
  • Options
    ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACL777 wrote: »
    Only 02, they told me the company they use to run these checks were Equifax. I did think of joining Equifax directly myself but they charge £14.00 a month. They say the first month is free but I'm guessing you can't just use the first free month and then leave without paying them something.

You can signup and cancel within the month, you need to do it over the phone though. I recently done mine via Experian, had no real reason to check but done it via Quidco and got paid £6 for doing so.
    jonmorris wrote: »
    I think you can cancel within the trial period, but I bet it's not easy to do.

It's crazy what these companies charge so you can check your history and be alerted to anything suspicious.

I'm with Experian and paid around £5 a month, but then it doubled but I can now get my score as many times as I want (before you had to pay).

I don't need my score as often as I want, just access to my records. But they had to find a way to add some value to justify a rip off monthly fee.
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    All the credit reference agencies must by law provide your full report for £2. There is no need to join.

And you *can* join just for the free month and cancel without paying them anything - though you can't do this repeatedly. For casual users, £2 once a year or so is just fine.

As qasdfdsaq says, you can get a statutory credit check for £2. Most companies charging £10-15 for them will be charging for premium features such as unlimited access to updates, monitoring alerts and credit recommendations.
  • Options
    ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant, thanks for the info.
  • Options
    ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACL777 wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks for the info.

Though bear in mind Quidco take a £5 annual membership fee so it may be best using a site such as TCB.

I only used Quidco because I had an account with them already.
  • Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quidco don't take the membership fee compulsorily anymore, it's £5 for premium membership, non-premium membership is free.