Options

2000T not showing on my network

barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recently lent my Humax box to my dad after getting a TalkTalk YouView box. Now I've taken it back to put some music on it for him but I can't access it via the desktop http shortcut that has always worked in the past. The box itself is saying that it's connected to the LAN, yet the Wi-Fi option is greyed out.

What I did notice was that the address had mysteriously changed to 192.168.1.5, whereas previously the last number was a three. I can connect to the TV Portal using either address (or is that not relevant).

To make matters worse, my TalkTalk router is suddenly refusing my username and password, even though I haven't changed them.

Everything was working fine in the past and I successfully made backups and put videos onto it off my computer's hard drive. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I must be going senile. I searched through some old posts in this forum and found that I'd asked a similar question before,but had completely forgotten that I had to do it all through Windows Media Player, through which I can now see by backups on a remote server.

I could have sworn I achieved it by seeing the Humax box on my computer network, but I will plug away at it and see if I can do it all again. I still can't access my router, but that's a different problem and it isn't affecting my internet connection... at the moment.

EDIT: No such luck. I can see things on the Humax Media Server, but I'm just staring at them blankly with absolutely no idea how to get things from my computer to the media server and then from the media server to the 2000T.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd forgotten what a struggle I had with this before. I can't synch the device through Windows Media Player because it can't see it on my computer network. I'm a baffled to be honest, because I can see all kinds of stuff that I must have put on the Humax Media Server before, but whenever I try to access it via the server connection on the box it just sticks at "Connecting". I'm getting the feeling that I never did manage it this way the last time I tried, but damned if I know why my computer can't find it on the network.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to connect via Filezilla, where there was already a shortcut I'd used before. I had to change the address from the previous 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.5, which it now seems to have switched to without me doing anything. Still no result.

Response: fzSftp started, protocol_version=2
    Command: open "Humax@192.168.1.5" 22
    Error: Network error: Connection refused
    Error: Could not connect to server
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I had to change the address from the previous 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.5, which it now seems to have switched to without me doing anything.
    This will be the DHCP server in the router; I would guess some other device has been allocated 192.168.1.3 since the HDR-2000T was last connected to your network.
    Response: fzSftp started, protocol_version=2
    Command: open "Humax@192.168.1.5" 22
    Error: Network error: Connection refused
    Error: Could not connect to server
    Have you got the FTP server enabled in Internet Settings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you got the FTP server enabled in Internet Settings?
    Yes and it's saying Network Connected. I'm really annoyed because I remember how much trouble I had to work it out the first time and now I'm back to square one.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you rebooted your router?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you really think that will help? I have thought about it but I'm wary of the possible consequences.

There are two possible ways I could have transferred the music files onto the Humax hard disk. It was either by ftp using Filezilla, or by being able to see my computer's hard disk on the Humax storage options menu and then copying and then using the copy facility.

Although I can see that I managed to put some files onto the Humax server via Windows Madia Player, I don't think the box always used to get stuck at the "Connecting..." stage in Sorage Options and never actually managed to find it.