HDR-2000T-parts of menu missing!

gwynnegwynne Posts: 721
Forum Member
✭✭
I have a Humax 2000T and have found that part of the Settings Menu list is 'greyed out' i.e not there.
The two parts missing are:
Edit Channels
Installation
Even though the System is showing as being listed it,to,is missing two entries from the list i.e Signal Detect and Data Storage.
The software last updated 21st Feb 2015 to version UKTFAC 1.01.13
The Humax is about a year old.
Anyone any ideas as to what might fully restore the Menu listings?
Many thanks for any help!

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gwynne wrote: »
    I have a Humax 2000T and have found that part of the Settings Menu list is 'greyed out' i.e not there.
    The two parts missing are:
    Edit Channels
    Installation
    Even though the System is showing as being listed it,to,is missing two entries from the list i.e Signal Detect and Data Storage.
    Was it recording at the time you looked? If so the missing items will return when no recordings are taking place. If not try putting the Humax into standby, waiting until the disk has stopped spinning and the turn off the mains power to the box; wait a minute and then power it up and bring it out of standby and see if the problem is resolved.
  • gwynnegwynne Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it recording at the time you looked? If so the missing items will return when no recordings are taking place. If not try putting the Humax into standby, waiting until the disk has stopped spinning and the turn off the mains power to the box; wait a minute and then power it up and bring it out of standby and see if the problem is resolved.

Hi Martin.
    Many thanks for replying!
    I removed the power cable,left it for a moment,then reconnected it.
    Low and behold-everything back to normal!
    Why it decided to sort itself out this time I don't know as I had done this a few times before and problem still present.
    Amazing how a 'hard reset' sorts most digital problems out!
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is now at my dad's house and he has made freezing it into an art form. I'm continually having to reset it to get any response at all from the remote.

He has almost managed to put Dickinson's Real Deal on series record and I can't find any way of stopping it. He claims he didn't mean to record it at all, but doesn't understand the concept of the programme guide, so keeps trying to watch programmes that aren't actually on at the current time. :D
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    He has almost managed to put Dickinson's Real Deal on series record and I can't find any way of stopping it.
    Bring up the Guide, the choose Schedule from the options at the bottom of the screen; find any unneeded scheduled recordings and delete them with (I think) the blue button.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring up the Guide, the choose Schedule from the options at the bottom of the screen; find any unneeded scheduled recordings and delete them with (I think) the blue button.
    Tried that and nothing's showing. I think he's just a closet Dickinson fan and tries to watch it ahead of schedule every day. I think he needs professional help.