Options

Refurbished Laptop

cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
Forum Member
✭✭
I have just bought a Windows 7 Refurbished Laptop. I was on XP before so trying to find my way around a different system. Looked for Internet Explorer, MSM came up, it shows on the far right for Internet Explorer 11 to Download.

Any advice whether to use Internet Explorer 10 or 11? As 11 has only recently been available on Windows 7

Comments

• Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For security you want to use the latest version.

However, after being an advocate for IE for years, I am now making the move to Chrome due to compatibility issues in IE.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cal4751 wrote: »
    I have just bought a Windows 7 Refurbished Laptop. I was on XP before so trying to find my way around a different system. Looked for Internet Explorer, MSM came up, it shows on the far right for Internet Explorer 11 to Download.

Any advice whether to use Internet Explorer 10 or 11? As 11 has only recently been available on Windows 7

The received wisdom is that as 10 and 11 are auto-updating (with Flash builds too), then 10 is the browser of MS choice until the compatibility issues with 11 are sorted out.
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shhftw wrote: »
    The received wisdom is that as 10 and 11 are auto-updating (with Flash builds too), then 10 is the browser of MS choice until the compatibility issues with 11 are sorted out.

Thank you so much. I was wondering that, I will go for 10 then.
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the flip side though 11 is much faster than 10 in my experience and I've not personally had any compatability issues.