Options

The Middle

Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When did the new series of the middle start? Didn't even know it was no longer on sky one.

Comments

• Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been on Comedy Channel for a little while now. Episode 10 of Season 5 aired last night.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 5 started on the 21st January.
  • Options
    Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people would only know of the move if they watch Comedy Central. I have to say thought Comedy Central have treated The Middle a lot better than Sky did, they have heavily advertise it on the channel.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the season so far. Especially the new arc for Sue with Derek Glossner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed some of Season 4 when it was first shown.Sky2 was repeating all of season 4 over the last 2 weeks there so i managed to catch up with the episodes i missed.

Just about to watch the new episode from Tuesday night.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the season so far. Especially the new arc for Sue with Derek Glossner.

My least favourite character in the show.:(
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like their taking a break..Was a repeat tonight.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Looks like their taking a break..Was a repeat tonight.

Annoyingly marked as New and Exclusive though!

Comedy Central also showed an episode of The Daily Show from March 26th last night!
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Frustrating part of it WHY have a break?

The series is almost over in the US, we were in no danger of catching up to that pace, there was absolutely no reason to take a break

You could half understand if they had another new show to start showing in its timeslot for a bit but no it was just a repeat from the start again.

WHY HAVE A BREAK GRRRR
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    Annoyingly marked as New and Exclusive though!

Comedy Central also showed an episode of The Daily Show from March 26th last night!

Yep same as next week but its the one where Axl texts Mike a lot
  • Options
    Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was surprising when they showed a repeat last night as they did not make an announcement the previous week.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like this one heckuva long break.. makes no sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Booty luv wrote: »
    I think people would only know of the move if they watch Comedy Central. I have to say thought Comedy Central have treated The Middle a lot better than Sky did, they have heavily advertise it on the channel.

This was why I knew it was going to be a bad move for Comedy Central to get the show, CC is perhaps the worst channel, they split 30 Rock season 6 into two halves spread out over 2 years. I believe it's to do with CC having a lack of new programming that they want to drip feed episodes rather than finishing all the new ones. I've now switched to US pace.
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    It's really annoying, I was enjoying this on a series link and wondered where it had suddenly disappeared to. :( It pretty well encourages people to find other ways of watching.
  • Options
    j9mclj9mcl Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Has anyone heard when this will be returning? Bad Comedy Central - makes me want to boycott them!!! Keep seeing updates on the Middle Facebook page and it is so annoying how we are deprived of this great show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i watched them online in the end(last episode in the series was 21st may)
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which episode was Comedy Central up to?

I'm going to find /another way/ of watching this I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the last episode CC showed was The Carpool episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »

Yeah thats halfway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »

Thanks.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this we could be waiting a lot longer for the second half: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/feature/a578737/once-upon-a-time-glee-jonathan-creek-tube-talk-qa.html

Really annoying, why go to the effort of taking it from Sky to then keep it sitting on the shelf six months half way through a season?! Sky1 started airing the new season of Modern Family way after the Middle started yet we have the last ep of that on Monday and will be lucky to finish the Middle before it starts back up in the US in September!

I'm not asking to have it the same week as the US showing but this takes the mick! >:(
  • Options
    petestanpetestan Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this we could be waiting a lot longer for the second half: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/feature/a578737/once-upon-a-time-glee-jonathan-creek-tube-talk-qa.html

Really annoying, why go to the effort of taking it from Sky to then keep it sitting on the shelf six months half way through a season?! Sky1 started airing the new season of Modern Family way after the Middle started yet we have the last ep of that on Monday and will be lucky to finish the Middle before it starts back up in the US in September!

I'm not asking to have it the same week as the US showing but this takes the mick! >:(

They didn't actually take it from sky, sky dropped it and no one else wanted it, but I totally agree with you why make us wait months and months unless it's in the contract they signed. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Comedy Central did something similar with 30 Rock season 6, they aired the first half of the season and then the second half a year later!

As soon as I noticed that they had imposed a break after episode 12, I immediately went and found a different means of watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy Central did something similar with 30 Rock season 6, they aired the first half of the season and then the second half a year later!

As soon as I noticed that they had imposed a break after episode 12, I immediately went and found a different means of watching it.

They did indeed and didn't even bother showing the final season either,

Thankfully I have acquired the rest of the season of the Middle elsewhere. Comedy Central are totally clueless, God help Channel 5 with this lots parent company in charge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks to all for the warnings about the wait for the rest of the season. It's a shame and I think it's also time for me to find elsewhere to watch it