Options

Have you ever had any bad celeb encounters?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
never had one myself , just wondering has anyone had any bad celebs encounters?

Comments

• Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    See massive thread on nice and not so nice celebrities you have met. It will be on page 1 or 2 - it is popular and there are plenty of stories on there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't class it as a celebrity but a childhood legend lol. Neil Buchannan from Art Attack. I was so star struck he thought who the hell is that crazy lady.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie Coltrane gave me a filthy look in Hampstead High Street once
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »

Quite sad to hear that, I have always liked him. But maybe he was having an off day?
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    The problem with these threads is that posters often base their opinion of someone on a single brief encounter. No matter how nice a celeb is, they're bound to have days when they're not feeling great, have something on their mind, or are stressed and in a rush. Obviously a celeb telling someone to f*ck off, or doing the 'do you know who I am' line are out of order. But a celeb rushing off after a show without signing an autograph, or looking through a smiling fan in Sainsbury's, or refusing to pose for a picture during a private family outing is not necessarily a nasty or unpleasant person.
    Also, we often just hear one side of a story. I'm sure some fans can be extremely irritating; requesting autographs at totally inappropriate times; bothering celebrities when they're trying to shop, play with their kids, or have a quiet meal with their partner; or following them around the supermarket giggling, staring and taking photos on their phone. You can't blame celebrities for occasionally snapping or giving dirty looks.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charles Hawtry beat me around the legs with a gravy boat because I tried to look at his basket
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    Charles Hawtry beat me around the legs with a gravy boat because I tried to look at his basket

Euphemism?
  • Options
    FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samia Gadhi my friend is a big doi fan we were lucky enough to get tickets for the show and waited afterwards for pics with everyone but Samia just looked at us like we were dirt and said i dont think so gave dirty looks to everyone and pushed past to a waiting car.
  • Options
    pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

Well, so would I, to be honest.
  • Options
    BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You should've gave him a filthy look back!
  • Options
    Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Postman Pat called me a ****** in Sainsburys.
  • Options
    Gail forceGail force Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Saw Sinita playing in the childrens room at Ikea a couple of weeks ago.:)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Rod Stewart with his family in a pub once. He was getting drinks at the bar and I was behind him. He looked behind and gave me a huge smile. I knew who he was but decided not to engage in any conversation but returned the smile. I felt he deserved his privacy.
  • Options
    ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    The Stig gave me a nasty look.....
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Postman Pat called me a ****** in Sainsburys.

Was it one of those rides outside the shop?
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I saw Rod Stewart with his family in a pub once. He was getting drinks at the bar and I was behind him. He looked behind and gave me a huge smile. I knew who he was but decided not to engage in any conversation but returned the smile. I felt he deserved his privacy.

What's bad about that? You have gone completely opposite of what this topic is about!

Did you fully read the title?
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a celeb in my eyes but
    Went on a night out with friends to a club and Timmy Mallett was there ( wackaday was massive then) and he was putting foam pies into people's faces. He did this to me so I picked one up and did it back...he went ballistic ,called me some disgraceful names and told the bouncers to throw me out..
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a celeb in my eyes but
    Went on a night out with friends to a club and Timmy Mallett was there ( wackaday was massive then) and he was putting foam pies into people's faces. He did this to me so I picked one up and did it back...he went ballistic ,called me some disgraceful names and told the bouncers to throw me out..

I have heard so many stories about him being a complete w*nker and d*ckhead (in real life, that is-as it goes without saying that he obviously was in his public persona!).
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard so many stories about him being a complete w*nker and d*ckhead (in real life, that is-as it goes without saying that he obviously was in his public persona!).

Oh, that's a shame - I've met him and he was actually lovely, very accommodating, and happy to pose for pictures etc. His wife was a bit less friendly though, she seemed to be calling the shots (and no, I'd never bother a celebrity on the street or supermarket etc but Timmy was on a paid gig at my uni some years ago :) )
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, that's a shame - I've met him and he was actually lovely, very accommodating, and happy to pose for pictures etc. His wife was a bit less friendly though, she seemed to be calling the shots (and no, I'd never bother a celebrity on the street or supermarket etc but Timmy was on a paid gig at my uni some years ago :) )

He was "working" when my incident with him happened.. I have the same view as you about hassling a celeb when they are with their family etc ... It's a no no for me
  • Options
    AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    george galloway