Sean Connery pretends he cares - again

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
Forum Member
✭✭
Sir Sean Connery is backing an effort to raise £6.5 million to buy a Scottish literary archive.

The Scots actor joins author Ian Rankin and the National Library of Scotland in the effort to purchase the John Murray Archive.

Collected by seven generations of the Edinburgh publisher's family, it boasts 150,00 items including manuscripts and letters by authors such as Charles Dickens, Jane Austen and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

The Murray family recently sold it to the National Library of Scotland for £32m with most funds coming from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Scottish Executive.

However, £6.5m still needs to be raised to secure the deal and Sir Sean urged people to donate: "There will be something for everyone, from five-year-olds to academics. I commend the National Library of Scotland for the vision and commitment to bring this treasure to Scotland and wish them every success."

The library plans to make the archive accessible with exhibitions travelling the country and some items put on the internet.

Sean Connery is an embarrasment. He has dodged UK tax all his life and now at the decline of his career, when he isn't paying tax, he's paying lipservice to being Scottish.

Go away you ridiculous old goat. You weren't here to provide your voice for better education, better healthcare, better governance, less poverty, less disease, less homelessness were you? No. You were in Spain with your leathery wife.

Stay there. Scotland does not want you. SIR Sean (I can't act) Connery is a complete fraud and about as authentically Scottish as a Jimmy Wig.

Can he even read?

Comments

• WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    castel64 wrote:
    Sean Connery is an embarrasment. He has dodged UK tax all his life and now at the decline of his career, when he isn't paying tax, he's paying lipservice to being Scottish.

Go away you ridiculous old goat. You weren't here to provide your voice for better education, better healthcare, better governance, less poverty, less disease, less homelessness were you? No. You were in Spain with your leathery wife.

Agreed.

And he's spent most of his life in Spain while drawing his British pension too! I know he's paid plenty of tax here years ago, but he surely doesn't need the paltry sum his state pension brings in?

He says he won't come back here until Scotland's independent - well, it'll be a cold day in hell when that happens, and even if it did, the mean old scrote wouldn't come back, as he's probably paying a nice low rate of tax in Spain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Castel 64,

I didn't even realise you were Scottish. :eek: ;):) :cool:

Therefore, I will avoid this thread like the plague and leave it to the Caledonians! :);):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Castel 64,

Therefore, I will avoid this thread like the plague and leave it to the Caledonians! :);):D

Perhaps this thread should be named:

SHUT UP SIR SEAN AND SHUT UP NOW!!! ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Castel 64,

Well I am, so there. And strangely enough have paid tax in Scotland for most of my adult life, unlike SIR Sean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    castel64 wrote:
    Well I am, so there. And strangely enough have paid tax in Scotland for most of my adult life, unlike SIR Sean.

Fair enough! :)

God bless you and Caledonia! :cool: :D

*leaves thread VERY quickly :D *
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps this thread should be named:

SHUT UP SIR SEAN AND SHUT UP NOW!!! ;):D

I did swither about it (good Scottish expression) but decided to rest on my Robbies - oh, I meant laurels :D
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been hearing his love of his country nonsense for years. Personally I think the Scots should have their independence then maybe they will stop getting the good end of my taxes and stand on their own (ditto the Welsh). Not for one minute do I believe that the rug wearer will hop on a plane with his possessions if Scottish independence is realised. He's had years to formulate an excuse for him to stay put.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    littlefro wrote:
    I have been hearing his love of his country nonsense for years. Personally I think the Scots should have their independence then maybe they will stop getting the good end of my taxes and stand on their own (ditto the Welsh). Not for one minute do I believe that the rug wearer will hop on a plane with his possessions if Scottish independence is realised. He's had years to formulate an excuse for him to stay put.

Em, I think you get our taxes too. Or is that just some Celtic myth that's going around?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And not only that. You get to test run everything from poll tax to smoking bans on us. Can we have our oil back please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    castel64 wrote:
    And not only that. You get to test run everything from poll tax to smoking bans on us. Can we have our oil back please?

As long as you lot pay for Holyrood yourselves! ;):D

Erm...isn't this material for another thread in another forum- Politics perhaps? ;):D

What about a thread called:

SHUT UP SCOTLAND AND SHUT UP NOW!!!

Joke- honest! :o:D

*ducks*

PS- Yes- you can have your oil back! Can we have our goalposts, please? :D:D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as you lot pay for Holyrood yourselves! ;):D

Erm...isn't this material for another thread in another forum- Politics perhaps? ;):D

What about a thread called:

SHUT UP SCOTLAND AND SHUT UP NOW!!!

Joke- honest! :o:D

*ducks*

PS- Yes- you can have your oil back! Can we have our goalposts, please? :D:D;)

I think Holyrood was your Queen's vanity project. Sadly the Scottish Parliment building was ours.

And you can have your goalposts anytime - just stop changing them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    castel64 wrote:
    I think Holyrood was your Queen's vanity project. Sadly the Scottish Parliment building was ours.

And you can have your goalposts anytime - just stop changing them

Hey! She aint MY blummen Queen.

First of all, she's German.

Secondly, I didn't vote for her! :D

My prefered choice of government is an English Republic! :cool: :)

Just because I'm Anglo- Saxon don't assume I'm an imperialist, ok? ;):D :cool:
  • Sam TylerSam Tyler Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    castel64 wrote:
    Sir Sean Connery is backing an effort to raise £6.5 million to buy a Scottish literary archive.

The Scots actor joins author Ian Rankin and the National Library of Scotland in the effort to purchase the John Murray Archive.

Collected by seven generations of the Edinburgh publisher's family, it boasts 150,00 items including manuscripts and letters by authors such as Charles Dickens, Jane Austen and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

The Murray family recently sold it to the National Library of Scotland for £32m with most funds coming from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Scottish Executive.

However, £6.5m still needs to be raised to secure the deal and Sir Sean urged people to donate: "There will be something for everyone, from five-year-olds to academics. I commend the National Library of Scotland for the vision and commitment to bring this treasure to Scotland and wish them every success."

The library plans to make the archive accessible with exhibitions travelling the country and some items put on the internet.

Stay there. Scotland does not want you. SIR Sean (I can't act) Connery is a complete fraud and about as authentically Scottish as a Jimmy Wig.

Can he even read?

once again money being wasted on crap that will be seen by the elite only, 32 mill could have been better spent going towards nurses pay or cleaning the filthy nhs hospitals up here :mad: :mad:

sean has a lot in common with jamesey cotter from rab c nesbitt both get maudlin about a country they wish they did not belong to, talkin shit about patriots ect ,well sean was it manly and being scottish that made you smack diane cilento around, NO so shut the fcuk up and stay away :mad: :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    castel64 wrote:

Can he even read?

Instead of begging the TRUE Scottish people for money, Sean, why don't YOU cough up the £6.5 million?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey! She aint MY blummen Queen.

First of all, she's German.
    Yes but wasn't her mother Scottish? ;)

Back on topic - I wonder how much the tight old git has contributed.

I've been hearing about that tax dodging old scroate loving Scotland for years. I think Billy Connelly said it best when he gave the speech before presenting (Sir I love Scotland so much that I live abroad) with that BAFTA lifetime achievement award or whatever it was.

Wasn't Sir Sean in trouble a few years back for saying if his wife got out of hand he'd give her a good slap? I've never seen the attraction myself.
  • GemwbaGemwba Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mad1 wrote:
    Yes but wasn't her mother Scottish? ;)

I thought that too. She's half jock, as Scotland is still part of the UK/Great Britain she your/Scotland's Queen too.

I don't understand all this your Queen this and our taxes that.

England and Scotland are united it is called the UK!

English and Scottish lads have fought and died today in two world wars and even as we speak now English and Scottish troops are fighting together in Iraq!

Rant over, back on topic.

Yes Sean Connery is hypocrticial old bagpipe, I mean windbag!!!! :D Shut up Sean and shut now!!!!!
  • BlackVarnishBlackVarnish Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Tyler wrote:
    once again money being wasted on crap that will be seen by the elite only, 32 mill could have been better spent going towards nurses pay or cleaning the filthy nhs hospitals up here :mad: :mad:

Seen only by the elite? So only the elite read then? Or use the internet? Pathetic argument, and the thirty two million came from other sources, barely any from the government. Which has a budget, why can't people like you realise that? Are you that stupid?
    Forum Member
    Seen only by the elite? So only the elite read then? Or use the internet? Pathetic argument, and the thirty two million came from other sources, barely any from the government. Which has a budget, why can't people like you realise that? Are you that stupid?

yes only the elite will see them, most artwork is locked in the vaults never to see the light of day, and at the end of the day it is still taxpayers money that funded it i.e scottish parasitic executive, whats more important clean hospitals or wasting money on pretentous crap like the murray collection, also dont call me stupid just because i dont share your views, in fact your a idiot,also you better explain what the hell you mean by people like me?,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the same with that Anthony Hopkins fellow. Says he loves Wales, accepted a knighthood and the buggered off to live in Hollywood.
    Forum Member
    Fleckerl wrote:
    It's the same with that Anthony Hopkins fellow. Says he loves Wales, accepted a knighthood and the buggered off to live in Hollywood.

never rated hopkins or connery as actors, performances from either can be described as embarrassingly amatuer that would be booed at the local am dram, anyway wales is far richer without the pratt hopkins like we are without connery, at least catherine zeta knows her roots and keeps a close connection with the swansea area thru being involved in local events when she is home and i believe she does a lot of work as patron on the welsh childrens hospital,
  • ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in Scotland and if I had his money I'd pee off and live somewhere else too. McConnell and his spineless Lib Dem chums have made a right backside of the place.

Leaving would not dim my love for the place, though.
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Fleckerl wrote:

Not to mention that he loves Hollywood so much he's adopted US citizenship!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot stand Sean Connery. He is the biggest hypocrite in the world - OK, maybe second biggest hypocrite after Bono.

'I love Schotland sho much......' yeah, that's why you haven't lived there for years and contribute nothing in terms of taxes, etc.
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote:
    I cannot stand Sean Connery. He is the biggest hypocrite in the world - OK, maybe second biggest hypocrite after Bono.

'I love Schotland sho much......' yeah, that's why you haven't lived there for years and contribute nothing in terms of taxes, etc.

JK Rowling has more money than connery and the other hypocrite hopkins put together and yet SHE still lives in the UK ,has two houses in scotland ,one in london and pays british taxes, if anything JK has more right to comment on all things british whereas connery and hopkins can just shut the fcuk up , :mad:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell does Connery only stick his nose into UK business when it suits him?

Whatever goes on in this country (or his beloved Scotland) can't be that much of a concern to him if he doesn't even choose to live here.

I don't know why people rave about him. He was never a great actor IMO and his best days are long gone.