Options

Kylie Minogue terror plot in Dubai!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a131330/kylie-minogue-involved-in-terror-plot.html

Spies have reportedly uncovered a terror plot involving Kylie Minogue's forthcoming gig in the United Arab Emirates.

According to the Daily Star, British spies are investigating a threat to the concert, which is scheduled to take place at the opening of the Atlantis Hotel in Dubai on November 20.

"We believe terrorists may be planning to carry out attacks in the United Arab Emirates," a British Embassy spokesperson is quoted as saying.

"Attacks could be indiscriminate and could happen at any time, including in places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers."

Minogue will pick up £2 million for the performance, while fans looking to stay at the hotel can expect to pay £14,000 per night.

She must be bloody terrified! I wonder if she'll go ahead with it?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it that every star going anywhere near or to Middle East gets these ridiculous stories circulated.

I do no believe it is true for one moment. Last week it was Paul McCartney and zero happened ,despite him turning the place upside down with 5000 security guards. There is just one long list of bogus threats.
    Like shouting wolf...
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £14,000 per night, have they got that right? Oh, she will be there all right, for 2 million quid you can bet your bottom dollar.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another example of the mad world we now live in.

Rich Arabs paying £2M to witness a talentless individual who can't sing.

Tacky in the extreme.
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    pharoah wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a131330/kylie-minogue-involved-in-terror-plot.html

Spies have reportedly uncovered a terror plot involving Kylie Minogue's forthcoming gig in the United Arab Emirates.

According to the Daily Star, British spies are investigating a threat to the concert, which is scheduled to take place at the opening of the Atlantis Hotel in Dubai on November 20.

"We believe terrorists may be planning to carry out attacks in the United Arab Emirates," a British Embassy spokesperson is quoted as saying.

"Attacks could be indiscriminate and could happen at any time, including in places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers."

Minogue will pick up £2 million for the performance, while fans looking to stay at the hotel can expect to pay £14,000 per night.

She must be bloody terrified! I wonder if she'll go ahead with it?

This is the Daily Star though. I give that rag as wide a birth as I give the Scum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is not even a mention in Dubai papers and they exist to serve the self indulgent mega rich deviants of west who go there to blow millions on whatever tat is served up.
    She was not even their 1stchoice but was the only one who offered to do it.Others are on tour or have other engagements.

Dubai is FULL of thousands of western people all the time.. they go to work ( for 5 times their normal salary) or they are the billionaire club who have done everything else. So " terror threats" surrounding Ms Minogue seem absurd .

Elton and Aguilera and other have played there recently without all this fuss.

And Star the source..a rag full of semi naked ex BB babes..really credible-NOT

This BS story does really not warrant this thread tbh.
  • Options
    xChErRy-DrOpSxxChErRy-DrOpSx Posts: 4,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangsman what a ridicoulous thing to say! of course she can sing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »

Tacky in the extreme.

She can sing; you've obviously never heard her live.
  • Options
    JoleneJolene Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangsman what a ridicoulous thing to say! of course she can sing!

When its pulled through a voice synthesizer, yes she can :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    This is the Daily Star though. I give that rag as wide a birth as I give the Scum.

Yes, i noticed that after i posted it :rolleyes: I guess we can all say it's one big pile of shite like every other story in that rag!
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Jolene wrote: »
    When its pulled through a voice synthesizer, yes she can :)

She actually has quite a good range as a singer.
    pharoah wrote: »
    Yes, i noticed that after i posted it :rolleyes: I guess we can all say it's one big pile of shite like every other story in that rag!

Absolutely and Kyles will be safe :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    This "story" is utter b0**0cks- all the hack at the Daily Star has done is noticed that Kylie is due to do a gig in Dubai, then gone to the Foreign Office website and lifted the travel advice there to create a "quote". The FCO are diplomatic staff- not "spies" and their advice is available to everybody!!

Here's the FCO page and the advice:
    http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/middle-east-north-africa/united-arab-emirates
    and the page was last updated 26 days ago (even that might not have changed the terror advice) so this isn't news, it isn't scary, and it almost certainly isn't true!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £14,000 per night, have they got that right? Oh, she will be there all right, for 2 million quid you can bet your bottom dollar.

Tacky in the extreme.

Next thing you know she'll have signed for Manchester City.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dubai is probably one of the most safe cities, (if not the safest city) you can live in.
    There are almost no Arabians living there to start with (not that that's anything wrong with Arabians), infact there are more British people living there!
    They focus a lot on peoples safety and it's one of the best places to consider to live in.

So I don't think there's anything to worry about.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member

Tacky in the extreme.

When I lived in Dubai back in the 80's, massive, talented, wonderful stars like Samantha Fox and Amazulu flew out to sing.

The sad fact was that people in Dubai were so used to not having any western stars performing live that any old one hit wonder would do.