Options

MW2 - Argos pre-order

warrior_54321warrior_54321 Posts: 239
Forum Member
Hi,

Apologies for any duplication on this forum. I know there have been numerous discussions on this topic but I couldn't spot any conversation specifically for Argos pre-orders (got it for £34.99 + quidco months ago).

Does anyone know if they use Royal Mail and affected by the strike?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Argos have an alternate delivery method for orders that normally get shipped via Royal Mail (I believe they are using Parcel Force) . So no they won't be affected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Phew, thanks for the confirmation annoyance. I can breathe a sigh of relieft.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Phew, thanks for the confirmation annoyance. I can breathe a sigh of relieft.

On the Argos website my order states:

Status
    573/5552 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Cert 18) PS3: Delivery 10/11.
    + see full order details
    1 £44.99 We've delivered your item.

They haven't:(
  • Options
    stokesy_9stokesy_9 Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    mine says:
    Your order has been placed. You will be contacted to arrange a convenient delivery date (except for items which are delivered free by post or courier).

it says this on the cod page "Argos will endeavour to deliver FREE on the launch date using 1st Class Royal Mail. However Argos cannot be held responsible for any delay in delivery if there is a disruption to postal services outside of our control."
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5735552.htm

although it says "our delivery service is unaffected by any royal mail strikes" on the argos homepage :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stokesy_9 wrote: »
    mine says:
    Your order has been placed. You will be contacted to arrange a convenient delivery date (except for items which are delivered free by post or courier).

it says this on the cod page "Argos will endeavour to deliver FREE on the launch date using 1st Class Royal Mail. However Argos cannot be held responsible for any delay in delivery if there is a disruption to postal services outside of our control."
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5735552.htm

although it says "our delivery service is unaffected by any royal mail strikes" on the argos homepage :confused:

This is what mine says:
    http://img683.imageshack.us/i/32466849.png/
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reckon you better contact them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SHANK0055 wrote: »

I ordered Fifa10 as well in the same order (it didn't say order separately when i ordered :/) so that's probably why mines different to yours :cool:
    gillyallan wrote: »
    reckon you better contact them.
    Suppose i will have to :rolleyes: lol, I'll do it tomorrow and see what they say
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why is my order showing the game at £44.99 when I only paid £34.99 (+ quidco) for it? They better not be charging me more!

I'm assuming if the homepage says that they are unaffected by Royal Mail we should be ok. Here's hoping...then again, I think I've heard rumours Royal Mail may cease striking for the time being.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Why is my order showing the game at £44.99 when I only paid £34.99 (+ quidco) for it? They better not be charging me more!

I'm assuming if the homepage says that they are unaffected by Royal Mail we should be ok. Here's hoping...then again, I think I've heard rumours Royal Mail may cease striking for the time being.

Prices quoted don't show discount, I've had this for FIFA and UC2. Your card will have been charged when you placed the order which is a bit underhand by Argos, most places wait until the gods are dispatched.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeh mine says 44.99, it hasn't shown the 20% discount,
    There's mine http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/913/argosarggh.jpg take 20% off that so £64 ish should of been charged to my account (I'll check)
  • Options
    ickabodickabod Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argos are indeed using Royal Mail for delivery of MW2 (mine is coming from them and I queried it today)... Doesnt really matter now anyway that the strikes are called off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ickabod wrote: »
    Argos are indeed using Royal Mail for delivery of MW2 (mine is coming from them and I queried it today)... Doesnt really matter now anyway that the strikes are called off

Excellent! :D
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anybody pre order from GAME and has their order has been dispatched?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still not here for me, hope its here tomorrow, mine says delivered on my account... does anyone else's say that?, it also says a signature is required for this delivery?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    still not here for me, hope its here tomorrow, mine says delivered on my account... does anyone else's say that?, it also says a signature is required for this delivery?

Nothing for me yet, I'll keep you posted (pun intended).