Annastasia Baker - "X Factor Judge is two faced, and Cher's just a chav"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Ok Nicole Jackson. She took part the year that Dani was the girl's mentor. However, she messed up and she was a strong contender to go through. She didn't get any extra chances.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgYARMDItFk
    It's things like that and what happened to Annastasia that makes this seem so unfair.
    Cheryl should not have given Katie any second chances. She should not have gone through.
    X-Factor is now a big joke.

Xad wrote: »
    The way i interpreted that was Cheryl and co being nice and trying to give various reasons why they're not going through rather than just saying "sorry love, you're a decent singer, but you're boring, nothing out of the ordinary :yawn:". Also, i doubt Cheryl's coming up with those lines herself.

If she blew them away with a stunning voice, she'd have a point, but she had an ok voice that didn't exactly get people raving about her. They're looking for stars not ok singers who fail to get the hint that they're not good enough (5 auditions!!!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People on here are more outraged and angry than she has come across and they didn't even audition themselves. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok Nicole Jackson. She took part the year that Dani was the girl's mentor. However, she messed up and she was a strong contender to go through. She didn't get any extra chances.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgYARMDItFk
    It's things like that and what happened to Annastasia that makes this seem so unfair.
    Cheryl should not have given Katie any second chances. She should not have gone through.
    X-Factor is now a big joke.

I was just about to post this! Also if you watched the xtra factor when they did their reveal of who they thought would win( they do it before judges houses and seal it in a envelope and each person signs their name on the seal) dannii had predicted Nicole to win but said she was way off because of judges houses, both dannii and Louis said she was excellent and should audition this year... The plot thickens!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Wake up and smell the 6 year old STALE coffee. The X Factor has NEVER been about the talent. Judges houses is about casting characters in a TV show - not about who can sing. I thought we all knew this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I'd refer you guys to DS current story:
    The X Factor's Gamu Nhengu reportedly faces deportation if she does not return to Zimbabwe within days.

I'd bet you everything I own that X-Factor bosses knew about this and didn't want the publicity if she got through!

The whole thing is scripted way before you see it on screens, I bet they dig through peoples lives first to make sure they are 'clean' of bad press....
  • NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of everyone i wanted Annastasia to get in the most, we'll i change my mind all the way now. 100% she's not the wildcard choice is she!, Treyc on the otherhand dealt with rejection with sheer humility.

I'm glad the Sun now record celeb interviews via video too because i would have otherwise said they twisted her words, but she's saying it all there so how can we argue with that!

I respect Cheryl for the decision she made. Cher just had to go through she's completely original and relevant. Only a idiot would reject Rebecca after that version of Fireflies that puts Cheryl's to shame. Then we have a competition between Treyc and Katie. I would choose Treyc quite easily, but don't mind Katie too much. Antastcia was my fifth picking really, possibly even fourth and i think she sort of deserved to go through more than perhaps Katie because there was SO much struggle. But even then Treyc and Gamu are better than her! so....

Wonder how much she got paid......imagine how difficult this person would be to work with. If she doesn't like Cheryl then their relationship was never gonna be justified. I understand it from Cheryl's point of view, she acknowledges that she is good BUT she knows as we do there are at least three people better than her and that's what it is all about - being better than everyone else NOT being a good singer and that's why she is not through. If they had not done the Over 28 change which i STILL do not understand then maybe Treyc would be in Over 25;s and then that third place would have between her and Gamu/Katie but still it's a long shot. Rebecca was the shocker i think! never even ranked her..and then she sang!

But i sort of agree about the emotion point regarding Cheryl. Despite knowing she was about to give her the second NO at judges house, Cheryl felt NOTHING, she didn't give a ****so she has a point there!

Sorry for the rant

I do agree with you and people forget that this is the X-factor just having a good voice is not enough. These days you need something 'extra,different' to be make it - there are loads of singers with great voices who don't and loads with ok voices that do becuase they have that elusive X.
  • annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has learned the hard way that a good voice is not the only requirement for X factor (which is of course an entermtainment show first, and a talent show last).

Her bitterness is understandable especially as she messed up in 2008 and got sent home, and watched Cher and Katie mess up in 2010 but still go through. This does show that it was already pre-determined who would go through. Maybe Cheryl was told by the Big Boss to put Katie through as she didn't look too thrilled even as she was giving her the good news.

Don't know if Cheryl will recover with credibility after this, we will see as the elimination starts next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Quote by Cath99: I don't blame her one bit. I think we knew which 3 girls Cheryl would pick after the audition stage, never mind bootcamp and judges houses. I personally felt really sorry for Keri, 3 flawless auditions and she didn't even get her full judges houses song shown.

This...this...this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MontyJ16 wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3167078/Annastasia-Baker-calls-X-Factor-judge-Cheryl-Cole-two-faced.html

Wow, how embarrasing! This girl Is so incredibly bitter! I don't think she would of made It In If Cher and Katie got a no anyway! :o

Oh hell, I agree. The girl needs to get over it. If Cher and Katie had not got through, it would of been Treyc and though it kills me to say it, Gamu.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitterness and jealousy is not going to win this girl any admirers.
  • StrawberryheartStrawberryheart Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bitter?? I think she's more Angry then bitter and has ever right to be, wouldn't most people be if they've been in her position, rejected twice, knowing the fact that you didn't mess up at the Judges Houses stage like she did two years ago, only to be told no again by the same judge and two other acts, who did mess up big time, were given a chance, despite failing to sing or even finishing their songs off.

I'm not a fan of Annastasia but I do think she has every right to say what she thinks and I do think she made some valid points, she didn't really insult Katie or Cher she mainly just said what she thought on the whole situation and she has every right to be angry at Cheryl.

Rejected twice having your hopes of going on the live shows denied once again in the hands of Cheryl due to Cheryl picking her acts based on favouritism eg. Cher and Image Factor eg. Katie, never mine if they made a mistake, it doesn't matter because Cheryl is going by who she likes overall rather then talent, I can believe that Cheryl already made up her mind who she wanted to put through before they even sang and Cheryl Lloyd was definitely one of them.

Not exactly the best decision to select who should go through from who shouldn't, the fact that Annastasia mess up once two years ago infront of Cheryl and wasn't given a chance then, but got good comments from Cheryl this time around but still another no, while someone like Katie who can fail at two stages, auditions and Judges Houses but still got through, would make anyone p***ed off if they were her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Re: Nicole Jackson. She was not ready at all. She could sing and has great talent but was way too fragile. You could say the same thing about Cher but Cher looks tougher...and much older than 17!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MontyJ16 wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3167078/Annastasia-Baker-calls-X-Factor-judge-Cheryl-Cole-two-faced.html

Wow, how embarrasing! This girl Is so incredibly bitter! I don't think she would of made It In If Cher and Katie got a no anyway! :o

She's Steven Brookstein in drag.

Someone won't be coming back next year lol.

Plus it wouldn't have been her in anyway, her voice wasn't that great. On the other hand, TreyC, who was robbed, has shown great dignity so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    She makes a good point about Katie who imo shouldn't have even got through to bootcamp, there were far superior girls then her who didn't even get to the judges house, what happened to the girl who sang Creep by Radiohead in the auditions, and Bella Ami all sound better vocalists then Katie
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She makes a good point about Katie who imo shouldn't have even got through to bootcamp, there were far superior girls then her who didn't even get to the judges house, what happened to the girl who sang Creep by Radiohead in the auditions, and Bella Ami all sound better vocalists then Katie

Katie and cher and Rebecca were my choice of top three but Anastacia or Raquel for wild card. So understandably she is pissed off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    That is one angry angry lady.

Cheryl has had death threats apparently.... hmmm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member

Katie's must be the worst Judges Houses performance in history but she still got through, so she has a right to feel annoyed IMHO.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cant say i blame this girl for being hacked off, she & long with 3 or 4 others missed out on a place over one who has yet to even complete a song through any stage of the comp and who according to their own rules should not have been allowed to even enter and another who messed up and is a one choon (badly sung imo) wonder.

Im convinced x factor is just a showcase for people already connected or on the books and is not an amature talent contest as we are led to believe.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for Annastasia I say : she knows she has burned her bridges with the X Factor and is going out with all guns blazing.

Cheryl is "heartless" and showed no emotion when giving her the boot? That I can well believe.I'm thoroughly sick of her sculpted image as a living saint or a latter day Mother Teresa.

The comments on Cher don't surprise me.People are in for a surprise when they discover what she's really like : rumour has it she is a demanding diva who goes mental when she doesn't get her own way.

Seems Katie is a friend of the producers.They've bent over backwards to get onto the live shows,even though she was ineligible and should have been disqualified.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Good for Annastasia I say : she knows she has burned her bridges with the X Factor and is going out with all guns blazing.

Cheryl is "heartless" and showed no emotion when giving her the boot? That I can well believe.I'm thoroughly sick of her sculpted image as a living saint or a latter day Mother Teresa.

The comments on Cher don't surprise me.People are in for a surprise when they discover what she's really like : rumour has it she is a demanding diva who goes mental when she doesn't get her own way.

Seems Katie is a friend of the producers.They've bent over backwards to get onto the live shows,even though she was ineligible and should have been disqualified.
    She was not as good as the three in the final but she should have got the wild card
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Cheryl bit is spot on but the rest of it just stinks of bitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    The Cheryl bit is spot on but the rest of it just stinks of bitter.

I know it's hard and I love her but she should have kept her gob shut.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Understandably she's annoyed with the two acts that messed up going through when she didn't previously for the same reason. That she has a fair point with. it must be frustrating coming back, trying your best, evidently performing better than two contestants that messed up then not making it through.

However to start slagging off Cher and even Katie (even though i do think she is incredibly fake) is pretty low, and done herself no favours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: why on earth is Katie still on the show if she's had TWO record deals. That's against the rules.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diary_room wrote: »
    That is one angry angry lady.

Cheryl has had death threats apparently.... hmmm

LOL:D surely you don't mean......:confused::eek: