Options

How on Gods earth did those judges not hear how bad 1 Direction were?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
Forum Member
Vocally not great, messy, looked uncomfortable and harmonies all over the place. Dreadful in my opinion!

Comments

• Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The backing track was brilliant though. Best of the night.
  • Options
    dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, it was very odd indeed.. everyone on the 'live' thread said were they hearing a different band to us?
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were really poor.
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. Wonder why the judges all loved them :)

Nothing to do with trying to keep them in for a few weeks. The way the x-facotr create these "groups" is ludicrous it really is. Five random rejects told "ok you are now a group" WHAT? No wonder the poor sods look so uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niall Horan's group were awful.
  • Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cause Simon has given the order to the judges to back them up
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vocally not great, messy, looked uncomfortable and harmonies all over the place. Dreadful in my opinion!

I thought they were good for a POP group, I do agree they still need more work, but for me they did better than Matt the (ex) favourite.

Money on 1 Direction winning. Simon has already booked Justin Bieber to sing with them in the final. (Hence Usher being on the show tonight).
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did they were just lying. Cowell/ producers obviously have an agenda with certain acts hence the reason why they were lavishing praise on Katie, Cher and one direction despite them being poor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    I thought they were good for a POP group, I do agree they still need more work, but for me they did better than Matt the (ex) favourite.

Money on 1 Direction winning. Simon has already booked Justin Bieber to sing with them in the final. (Hence Usher being on the show tonight).

You'd hardly heard them before ...and the judges houses were pretty strange. It's about expectation ......you hadn't a fig lily of a clue as to what they might sound like ...so it seemed to be better ...Matt you knew had been sunflowered up so you were expecting more ..or perhaps different?
    personally I thought they were average crap ..in relation to some of the the others who ranged from somewhat crap to to absolute crap
    But it was week one
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I didn't get them at all, I really didn't think they gelled, thought they were all over the place - and I was shocked by the judges positive comments. They need a lot of work. I think if Simon wasn't their mentor he'd have pulled them for the faults in their performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. Wonder why the judges all loved them :)

Nothing to do with trying to keep them in for a few weeks. The way the x-facotr create these "groups" is ludicrous it really is. Five random rejects told "ok you are now a group" WHAT? No wonder the poor sods look so uncomfortable.

They do it because they can mold the new groups into what they want.

If a group is already formed, it's harder to mold and change them.

Zain probably looks the most uncomfortable. It looks like he doesn't want to be there half of the time.
  • Options
    FhionnuisceFhionnuisce Posts: 6,717
    Forum Member
    What was the mistake the apparently made towards the end cos I've played it back but cannot see it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzamac2 wrote: »
    You'd hardly heard them before ...and the judges houses were pretty strange. It's about expectation ......you hadn't a fig lily of a clue as to what they might sound like ...so it seemed to be better ...Matt you knew had been sunflowered up so you were expecting more ..or perhaps different?
    personally I thought they were average crap ..in relation to some of the the others who ranged from somewhat crap to to absolute crap
    But it was week one

I agree with you to an extent, yes I didn't know what they would sound like, but thought they were good for a POP group.
    Matt on the other hand was extremely hyped (especially on DS forum- I avoided this forum till last night) the hype was a bit much. Only for him to fall so badly at the first huddle. I didn't know anything about him either, was only going by how wonderful people on here said he was, but turned out to be a big disappointment.

Aiden on the other hand was a very good surprise.
  • Options
    astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are somewhat wary of attacking Simons groups, or have even been told to go easy on certain acts. Most of the groups were a bit iffy and there was hardly a bad word said about them.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are my favourites but I didn't think they were great last night. Mainly due to Zain TBH, Liam was brilliant as always. I just thought they looked uncomfortable with the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pr0nny wrote: »
    They do it because they can mold the new groups into what they want.

If a group is already formed, it's harder to mold and change them.

Zain probably looks the most uncomfortable. It looks like he doesn't want to be there half of the time.

He was quite weak, but was surprised at how good Niall sounded. Still waiting for Louis to sing, but now I know at least 3 of them can sing. (Harry, Liam and Niall)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not getting this lot at all as a group. Uncomfortable, out of sync, just awful really.

I liked Harry as a solo act, he's not excellent, but his was one of the few auditions I saw and I thought he was promising at least. I was surprised when Simon and Co decided to put him in a group. Maybe I shouldn't have been knowing what he's like.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pr0nny wrote: »

Zain is definitely the weak link of the group. He looks uncomfortable, can't dance and struggled to get his timing right.
    Apparently, he's gorgeous though (about 30 years too young for me) so that'll be why he's there.
  • Options
    annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were very weak vocally, weird choice of song for 16/17 year olds, they looked like five lads just messing about on stage - the ott praise was strange, although Cowell is pushing for them - they need a lot of work, youth and good looks will only take them so far.

Groups the weakest category imo.
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    They looked so cute, it skewed their judgement :rolleyes:

I can't stand that army of Justin Beavers :(
  • Options
    lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed pretty obvious to me that the judges had their orders last night to concentrate on the positive remarks for all the acts, or at least balance any negatives with a positive - hopefully if this is the case then it's only for the first week, otherwise we are in for a rather bland series if you ask me!

1 Direction did start singing out of time towards the end during their chorus but Simon was right in that Liam brought them back in when he took the lead again - he sung louder than before and did a good team job I thought in getting them back in time.

I think because of this alone they deserve to stay and hopefully develop more as a group.
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were quite good but clearly I'm in the minority.

I didn't have high expectations though, so I guess the reason I liked them was because they did just what I was expecting them to do.

They're a pop group aimed at teeny boppers and they did the job of coming across to 14 year olds brilliantly, so I'm not really sure why everyone is being so negative towards them?

Simon even admitted that none of them were vocally good enough to be solo artists, hence why they're in a group.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    I agree with you to an extent, yes I didn't know what they would sound like, but thought they were good for a POP group.
    Matt on the other hand was extremely hyped (especially on DS forum- I avoided this forum till last night) the hype was a bit much. Only for him to fall so badly at the first huddle. I didn't know anything about him either, was only going by how wonderful people on here said he was, but turned out to be a big disappointment.

Aiden on the other hand was a very good surprise.

The problem for Aiden is that for me that song is a 'wild card' ...it is sooo good and he's used it on his first performance ...I think he should have kept it up his sleeve until he was more settled and less nervous.. To be frank ...he's just got too much 'angst' and not enough substance for me and the voice isn't tremendous ...good but not tremendous ...
    However it's only week 1 and lots of people on here are behaving like kids on their first holiday ..asking their mum and dad if they're nearly there as they're on the way to the airport in a taxi.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at it this way.

If you were selling newspapers on a street corner, you wouldn't be shouting 'Slow News Day!' at the top of your voice would you?
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was like amateur night at a holiday camp when this band came on