Options

favourite freakiest scene from a horror movie

biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
im not talking about just one movie im just saying whats your favorite the movie doest even have to be scary or good:D.

for me i will say in jeepers creepers!

SCENE
the siblings were driving along at the start and saw the creeper shoving bodies into that chute. Then the creeper turns around and just gives a stare of death as they drive by.

o man i got chills just thinking of that 1st time i saw it.

just creepy of course the film went to shit when we found out it was a demon but at that point we were led to belive it was just a regular man which i found alot lot scarier!!! lot!! :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The anticipation of seeing the killer in Scream 1 (the scene with Drew Barrymore) you know he is going to appear at some point but you don't know where
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    The anticipation of seeing the killer in Scream 1 (the scene with Drew Barrymore) you know he is going to appear at some point but you don't know where

yes back in 96 that was truely terrifying.

id just love to sit down now and watch a good NEW!! chase horror movie with the style of jeepers,wrong turn,house of wax.
    i would watch them but i when i know what happens it takes the edge off:(
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gotta be the tree rape scene from The Evil Dead. Freaky, tasteless, and mysogenistic.
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The jail cell scene in Salem's Lot. It used to freak me out! I also loved the scene in Poltergeist when they slow down the video and you can see all the people walking down the stairs.
  • Options
    yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The film "Freaks" certainly has some interesting moments. It was made in 1932 and actually starred real freaks - for want of a better description. The film was banned in many countries for many years. The original cut was 90 minutes but MGM released a cut version of 64 minutes and made sure it had a happy ending too. The film poster has the classic line "Can a full grown woman truly love a midget"?

Apparently there is no complete version of it available although various censored parts have turned up over the years. This particular scene, for me anyway, is quite shocking and pretty much gives away the end of the film (you have been warned :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sALWUsvL4X4&feature=related

Some facts about the film are at this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaks
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    The end of the film [REC]. So freaky with that you know what at the end in the 'penthouse'.
  • Options
    ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ring (2002)

The brief but intense clip of the dead girl in the closet. The first time I saw it I jumped about six inches of my seat. I still cannot watch that scene, even though I know its coming.
  • Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Society 1989

The shunting scene at the end of the film :eek:

Eraserhead 1976

I always find the baby death scene quite disturbing
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Several scenes in the first Elm Street movie.Especially Tina's death and the nightmare in the school.

A few scenes in the hospital in The Exorcist 3.The stuff involving elderly people with with dementia is truly terrifying...not to mention the legendary hallway scene.That movie is a underrated classic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fully agree about Exorcist 3. the first time i saw the film, the corridor scene made me jump outta my seat.
  • Options
    speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the first Alien film, where the egg open's and John Hurt gets it in the face
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    One of the most freakiest films for me was the original 2002 film The Eye from Hong Kong, about the blind girl who is given new eyes and starts seeing dead people.

There are just too many scenes to really mention, but the two worst for me were:
    I got serious shivers when the girl wakes up in her room and it looks like a completely different room.

But the bit that terrified me the most was when she enters the lift and there's suddenly a man behind her with his back to her, floating with his feet off the ground he turns around to reveal that part of his head has been smashed in. She's there sweating and freaking out, and I'm sat watching it sweating and freaking out. :D He starts reaching out for her but she stops the lift and runs out of it. Big sigh of relief from me.

Another film was Snow White: A Tale of Terror. I didn't necessarily find it a scary film, but there's a bit where she walks into a room with a mirror in it and she slowly walks up to it. There's like total silence for a few minutes, until she puts her face right up to the mirror, when suddenly a hand grabs the back of her head. I don't think I've ever jumped so much in my life, unfortunately the drink I was holding went all over me, especially over my face. LOL

Both films I was watching in the early hours so wasn't really prepared to be scared sh*tless at the time. :D
  • Options
    statelessstateless Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martyrs was one long freaky scene.. Eden Lake had its fair share too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, couldn't just pick one.

The Sixth Sense -bit where a cyclist has just been killed and then you see her standing by the car glaring in.

The Orphanage -when the mother is standing in the attic, saying "one, two, three, knock on the wall" and trying to summon the ghost children. Whole film was terrifying, but that bit...

The Orphanage -the bathroom scene with the little boy in the sack mask

The Descent -bit when one of the creatures starts to eat the body of one of the women.

The Others -the scene where the girl is playing on the floor, but has the old woman's face.

The Ring -the video

The Omen -bathroom scene.

Wonder why all these films begin with "The"...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nightmare on elm street - Tina's dream sequence
    Nancys nightmare in the school

The Entity - The "show yourself" scene

The Haunted - The scene where the ghost rapes the father
  • Options
    tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creep - Weird thing vaginally abuses a woman with scissors I think it was
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    helen292 wrote: »
    Sorry, couldn't just pick one.

The Orphanage -when the mother is standing in the attic, saying "one, two, three, knock on the wall" and trying to summon the ghost children. Whole film was terrifying, but that bit...

The Orphanage -the bathroom scene with the little boy in the sack mask

I watched this film last week and was on the edge of my seat/bed, especially with the "knock on the wall" bit.

When the old person posing as a social worker gets knocked over in the street and the reveal the body with the messed up face. F'd up.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two words. Exorcist. Crucifix.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Wilderness,
    Sean Pertwee being eaten by the dogs.

Audition
    The cheese wire scene.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    The film Session 9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_9

The voice of the alter-ego Simon always sends a shiver up my spine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a scene but the clown from "IT" freaks me out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    Not a scene but the clown from "IT" freaks me out.

God yes!!!! Freaks my beads big time!!! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    tco200 wrote: »
    Creep - Weird thing vaginally abuses a woman with scissors I think it was

I was gonna say this too....i just couldnt watch, then my cousin walked in the room and he was like "what the f**k are you watching"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Drag Me To Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bit in the car park, was jumpy and same time pretty freaky and pretty sick, specially the bit with her mouth on the girls mouth ewwwwwww
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kylock wrote: »
    Drag Me To Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bit in the car park, was jumpy and same time pretty freaky and pretty sick, specially the bit with her mouth on the girls mouth ewwwwwww

She tried to gum her to death lol the scene that really grossed me out was when she went to the gypsy's house and fell over the body and all the flem went in her mouth,just rancid lol