Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Message to GMB producers. Kate is your best asset. Use her more often. She is a natural, can do serious when called upon, but naturally funny. Susanna R is one dimensional. Her light hearted side is very laboured. Needs to extend her vocab when she is not reading off autocue. She used the word amazing three times in a few minutes to describe something. And she needs to stop sitting like a teapot. Not sure if that is her attempt to look chilled, it doesn't work.
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Susanna was grinning away like a Cheshire Cat this morning when she was doing the article about Stephen who passed away from cancer. Not entirely sure it was the best time to smile at the camera . Still , it's good to see Kate back.
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ you must live in the sticks then.:D

Live in a Dumbrian backwater surrounded by Hillbillies.
    Total number of Freeview channels = 15 :o
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha Ha .. that was funny, Susannah announced Kate and then stated the cameras are bumping into each other as they jostled towards Kate and the desk.
    Kate shakes her head.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Was great seeing Kate finally on the team, seeing her and Ben together reminded me of the good old GMTV days :(
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted in the Ratings thred:

Breakfast 1.5million

GMB 600,000

Looks like it's going to be hovering around the 600,000 daybreak mark again.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Every hotel I go into has SKY on big screens in all the public areas - so in the mornings Sunrise must get some good traffic from hotel guests.
    I assume this would not be accounted for in the Official ratings.
    I can imagine it would be quite attractive to advertisers.

But how many of those in the public areas actually watch it? Some railway stations have large screens, you can't add a few hundred thousand viewers to totals just because that number of people pass through the station.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Why are men so obsessed with knickers. Isn't it a bit pathetic?

It's the tabloid newspaper obsession that amuses me. Celebrity flashes knickers and it is a big splash image and story but the same celebrity is quite likely to have been seen and photographed many times in swimming costume and bikini (many even less!).
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Posted in the Ratings thred:

Breakfast 1.5million

GMB 600,000

Looks like it's going to be hovering around the 600,000 daybreak mark again.

If it settles at 600,000 or so presumably GMB will be adjudged a failure as it will not have improved on the Daybreak audience despite the money being spent. Will there then be yet anothe revamp ?
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    If it settles at 600,000 or so presumably GMB will be adjudged a failure as it will not have improved on the Daybreak audience despite the money being spent. Will there then be yet anothe revamp ?
    Surely figures will rise in the Autumn? :) I believe exactly the same happened to Daybreak.

GMB will definitely be at 800k later in the year I believe.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Surely figures will rise in the Autumn? :) I believe exactly the same happened to Daybreak.
    if it continues to track the figures posted by Daybreak, then ITV might just as well have saved their money, not bought in Susanna Reid and Charlotte Hawkins, and not splashed out on a new set & graphics.
    I would have thought that is a rather optimistic and hopeful figure that bears little relation to what we are seeing now - any viewers who were interested in the show would have seen what they wanted, decided to stay or decided to go.

And is there any evidence (current or historical) that figures will rise "in the Autumn", apart from knowing that figures will drop during the school holidays, then recover to their pre-holiday levels (as happened with GMTV and Daybreak). Ther trends seems to be to hover around 600,000 - 650,,000, sometimes going higher, sometimes going lower. Even if Daybreak gained in the Autumn, they lost those viewers as the days & weeks went on.
  • Options
    richardwdsrichardwds Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Will Charlotte or Sean be asked to do Strictly?
  • Options
    groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My money is on Charlotte, She has already done it before...

http://vimeo.com/62902661
  • Options
    groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely no way, GMB will find it's level around 600,000 and no more.
    ITV are deluded if they think they can ever achieve over 750,000.
    This is 2014 (the age of Facebook,Twitter & Email)
    This is what most people check as soon as they wake up and get ready for work, not ITV drivel about Amy Child's latest tan or 1Directions latest PR stunt (w@nkers)
    The irony is ITV have spent the best part of £75 million on 2 re-brands and the viewing figures are essentially the same as GMTV when it started to decline :)

#GMB =
    Car crash TV which sycophantically licks the anuses of any z-list person flogging shit in a pseudo American condescending style.
    Utter rubbish
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I don't like this programme. Too many presenters and too rushed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bookmakers are taking bets on various aspects of Good Morning Britain, I am sure they will give you good odds on a bet on the number of viewers by the end of the year though most betting seem to be on Reid's future and things like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrected figure for GMB yesterday: 580,000 including +1 according to the Ratings Thread
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Corrected figure for GMB yesterday: 580,000 including +1 according to the Ratings Thread

Anyone got Roland Rat`s number........?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Anyone got Roland Rat`s number........?

I'm sure Greg Dyke has:D
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The difference is that Daybreak started in the Autumn of 2010 and was at 600/700k by Christmas.
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this for the first time this morning... I'm a little put off by the camera angles, don't like Susanna Reid, and do almost all the shots have to be of their heads?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazz_x wrote: »
    Watched this for the first time this morning... I'm a little put off by the camera angles, don't like Susanna Reid, and do almost all the shots have to be of their heads?

They have to do ECU (extreme close-ups) because they`re all sat so close together it`s the only way to frame the others out!!! Mental.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazz_x wrote: »

She was the biggest mistake, why ITV was taken in by the hype about her at the Beeb, is a puzzle, she is going to be a costly error of judgement (again)! For them.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Bookmakers are taking bets on various aspects of Good Morning Britain, I am sure they will give you good odds on a bet on the number of viewers by the end of the year though most betting seem to be on Reid's future and things like that.

I think the first thing to go will be the desk, then Sean Fletcher moved to one side as just the sport presenter. He is so lost as a presenter on there because he contributes so little.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    myscimitar wrote: »
    She was the biggest mistake, why ITV was taken in by the hype about her at the Beeb, is a puzzle, she is going to be a costly error of judgement (again)! For them.

I cannot stand her >:(