Options

Rupauls Drag Race

Comments

• Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm. Gotta get it off my chest.
    Katya was robbed of the win. Trixie leaves me cold. Kennedy really emerged as a player for me this week. I loved Violet's runway look/ MFs was freaking ugly as hell, therefore was head and shoulders above everyone in nailing the runway. Both LSFYLers should've gone home. Pearl for doing the same rubbish as the Blondie song but with even less energy, and Fame for not selling the song.

And not really a spoiler, but suddenly they are giving a sweet prize for the mini challenge? And I bet Kennedy is regretting wearing her chicken roadkill whateverthehell that costume was
    given the main stage dress code this week.
    :D:D
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm. Gotta get it off my chest.
    Katya was robbed of the win. Trixie leaves me cold. Kennedy really emerged as a player for me this week. I loved Violet's runway look/ MFs was freaking ugly as hell, therefore was head and shoulders above everyone in nailing the runway. Both LSFYLers should've gone home. Pearl for doing the same rubbish as the Blondie song but with even less energy, and Fame for not selling the song.

And not really a spoiler, but suddenly they are giving a sweet prize for the mini challenge? And I bet Kennedy is regretting wearing her chicken roadkill whateverthehell that costume was
    given the main stage dress code this week.
    :D:D

I completely agree, Trixie thinks she's funnier than she is, and Katya nailed both challenge and runway- Both lipsyncer's looked like they couldn't be bothered but I think the one that stayed edged it for me- Overall, seemed a lot more like Drag Race of old and I'm finally rooting for people (Hallelujah! :p)
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with above. They both really lacked energy in that LSFYL, when I saw Demi was a judge I was hoping all episode that that was going to be the lipsync song. It's pop perfection, so I was disappointed after being so excited when Ru announced it.

I was actually surprised they weren't both sent home, considering they brought a queen back so it'd balance it in terms of the amount of episodes left.
    Knew I called it right with MF going, she seemed like a sweet person but her time was definitely up. I really can't call the order of who's going to be eliminated now, I guess if Trixie doesn't step it up she could be next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knew I called it right with MF going, she seemed like a sweet person but her time was definitely up. I really can't call the order of who's going to be eliminated now, I guess if Trixie doesn't step it up she could be next.

Do NOT go to Reddit. For months there's been a rumour about next week, and who will be eliminated, and it's flooding the boards atm of how it will happen. Let's just say
    a lot of people are preparing to be in mourning next Tuesday.

It's too late for me, but you can save yourselves... **gasp** :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do NOT go to Reddit. For months there's been a rumour about next week, and who will be eliminated, and it's flooding the boards atm of how it will happen. Let's just say
    a lot of people are preparing to be in mourning next Tuesday.

It's too late for me, but you can save yourselves... **gasp** :D:D

Must... resist.... temptation. :D

Thank you for the warning! I never use Reddit but definitely won't now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fairness the original rumour didn't name names, but Michelle did an AMA last night, and a specific question was asked, to which she replied evasively, giving rise to the "next week (as in the week 6 become 5), be prepared" rumour again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I've been thinking that the top 3 could be Kennedy, Ginger and Katya, because the sponsors "years supply of make-up" would make them go broke if any other queen took the title. :p:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG4u7FWyJH0 MFs new vid, I'm off to go cry in a corner at how fantastic she looks.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Pearl, Violet and Miss Fame were my favourites but judging by the challenge they all deserved the bottom three. Thank god for Violets ugly dress.

I thought Pearl was the better actress of the three but she was so energy less in the sing off I would have sent them both home.

Still rooting for Violet or Pearl to win now. I'm not here at all for the others especially Kennedy but I thought she slayed the challenge.

Bring Max back...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pearl, Violet and Miss Fame were my favourites but judging by the challenge they all deserved the bottom three. Thank god for Violets ugly dress.

I agree, but my question is was the was the material to blame as well? I mean for me, making the scene PG-13 in the first place was a crime. The idea of good angel/ bad angel has been done to death and also meant Pearl and Fame weren't actually playing characters they could copy like Ginger doing a great impersonation of Mama Edith. So the weakest actors got the weakest script and turned in a weak performance, who'd have thunk it? ;-)

Violet sold that dress like her life depended on it. Also although the panelists loved Pearl's (and she thought she was cute), if she was going for a Lolicon look then it was ugly as hell. So I'll let it pass.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger has it sewn up it seems. I hope she doesn't win another challenge, she really doesn't deserve to tie Sharons record IMO.

Violet really needs to step it up I think. Since winning the first challenge (and basically being unofficial 2nd place for the second challenge) she's only really been safe or near the bottom. As amazing as her runways are they're the only thing saving her atm. I'm sure she'll go top 3 but I'd much rather see her win than Ginger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5rbWUQBT4U

Katya doing All That Jazz in Russian. And I learned something today... throwing dollars at my screen doesn't work, but I tried to tip her. :p

That reminds me, anyone else notice that no-one dare try the splits since Katya's slow split for the gods epi 2? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger has it sewn up it seems. I hope she doesn't win another challenge, she really doesn't deserve to tie Sharons record IMO.

Tbf given the next couple of challenges, I'll be stunned if Ginger isn't bottom 2 in at least one, and I'm not even sure I see her surviving to the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Katya doing All That Jazz in Russian. And I learned something today... throwing dollars at my screen doesn't work, but I tried to tip her. :p

That reminds me, anyone else notice that no-one dare try the splits since Katya's slow split for the gods epi 2? :D

Yaaaas Katya slayed. Pounding that vagina into the runway for days. I'm surprised at how underrated she is by the judges. She reminds me of a much more likeable Willam (though Willam is still queen), a comedy gal who can nail glamour as well. She's by far the star of the confessionals this year, and if she doesn't make top 3 she'll have Miss Congeniality in the bag too.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Honestly I'm surprised Ginger was the winner. That green dress looked like she would have normally worn. Is winning soley based on the challenge and not the runway?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Am I a bad gay for not knowing (or caring) who John Waters (sp?) is?

Despite that I thought it was another great episode. I am a bit DONE with the team acting challenges though. It feels like this season has just been all about team acting or team dancing or team everything. In my opinion none of them are that great in these challenges.

The right queen went home IMO, but Ginger won again? WTF. I am calling fix on this one. Rupaul has obviously picked herself a big girl winner this year! Oh well, I still have high hopes for Violet, as she SLAYssss every single week. Even in an ugly ass frock. Katya has grown on me a lot too, I just don't "dig" her runway looks all that much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly I'm surprised Ginger was the winner. That green dress looked like she would have normally worn. Is winning soley based on the challenge and not the runway?

I don't think the runway has counted for much this season, and to be fair the challenges don't seem to count for much most weeks. :D

Even if this was based on the screen test alone, then I still don't think Ginger deserved the win. She did great as Edith, don't get me wrong, but she was obviously Edith and let's face she lucked out getting that script with that character. For me Katya turned a non-character into a dirty sleazebag which seemed natural and a great salute to John Waters.

Still sad though that they didn't do the execution scene, I've been wanting someone to do Mink Stole (as Connie) on Snatch Game, I really thought Max might've this year *cries*.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Am I a bad gay for not knowing (or caring) who John Waters (sp?) is?

Sorry but you have to turn in your gay card right away. :p

I'm joking, but I'd totally recommend the original Hairspray (with Ricki Lake) if you have a couple of hours free and want a great movie, it's probably the most "mainstream" of his films.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try Serial Mom too. Kathleen Turner and her gorgeous voice being a bitch to everyone for 90 minutes. Bliss.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never heard of John Waters either but I do know of a few of the films he did. I never thought much to Hairspray and felt it worked better as a musical, not as a camp comedy.

I may check out the rest of his films.

Great episode. Ginger Minj made a brilliant comeback as i felt she was rubbish for the last two weeks. Her awful adele parody is still imprinted in my mind though. I wasn't bothered with who went, as I felt either of those queens were going to go anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Sorry but you have to turn in your gay card right away. :p

I'm joking, but I'd totally recommend the original Hairspray (with Ricki Lake) if you have a couple of hours free and want a great movie, it's probably the most "mainstream" of his films.

Oh I've seen that film and the remake! I do know who he is then! Yay! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Oh I've seen that film and the remake! I do know who he is then! Yay! :D

Yays, from now on you can remb him as "the flasher that lives next door" as Tracy walks down the street singing "Good Morning Baltimore" in the remake. :D:D

Anyhoo I've been thinking about Ginger, and was her performance that much different from her Michelle Visage a few weeks ago? Which is funny as I thought she deserved that win over Katya, and this week the opposite.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never heard of John Waters either but I do know of a few of the films he did. I never thought much to Hairspray and felt it worked better as a musical, not as a camp comedy.

I may check out the rest of his films.

Great episode. Ginger Minj made a brilliant comeback as i felt she was rubbish for the last two weeks. Her awful adele parody is still imprinted in my mind though. I wasn't bothered with who went, as I felt either of those queens were going to go anyway.

I would recommend starting with Polyester and Pink Flamingoes. If you can get past the dated look and the utterly mad storylines, you may enjoy them. I personally love them.
    I just can't root for any of the queens this year and this was the worst Lip Sync ever. Hoping that there is an improvement in the talent next year.
    Totally agree about Ginger. People were raving about her Adele in Snatch Game but I thought she was awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Totally agree about Ginger. People were raving about her Adele in Snatch Game but I thought she was awful.

She was only "Adele" because they couldn't fit "Generic fat girl stereotype stuffing her face and just doing generic fat girl stereotype things" onto the name card. :p

Still love the "I love you Justin Bieber" line, but that may have been the only laugh I got from her.
  • Options
    VaultVault Posts: 196
    Forum Member

Check her Youtube account, she is my favourite to win!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vault wrote: »
    Check her Youtube account, she is my favourite to win!

Thanks, I'm already subscribed, but I will second your recommendation for anyone that hasn't checked it out. #TeamKatya. :)

Btw I'm reading on Reddit that today is her b'day, so Happy Birthday to Katya, may the year ahead spread as wonderfully before her, as her legs spread for us mere mortals. :p