The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Emmerdale is low given the first Half hour clashed with nothing unusual.

Nice BBC3 figure for EastEnders and i am Glad The soap awards rated low.Sunday night LIVE next year would be perfect. Take it back to London or go elsewhere (Birmingham would be a change) That venue last night was terrible.

It shows that people will actively seek out Eastenders on the night if the repeat is on at a reasonable hour. I never understood why it was booted to 10.30pm or even later on some nights for BBC Three.

Manchester was fine but it should be in Birmingham next year.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Difficult to predict how Corrie will rate next week. I'd be inclined to think that it will be lower than last year as Tina's death had a massive build-up and more momentum. On the other hand, a massive stunt like this may be more likely to attract casual viewers than the murder of a character when you haven't followed the storyline throughout. I'm expecting around 8m.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Terrible rating for EastEnders last night: 4.59m (24.3%)

Hey ho, still better than BB which is struggling to get at times or remains stagnant at 1m lol ;)
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Difficult to predict how Corrie will rate next week. I'd be inclined to think that it will be lower than last year as Tina's death had a massive build-up and more momentum. On the other hand, a massive stunt like this may be more likely to attract casual viewers than the murder of a character when you haven't followed the storyline throughout. I'm expecting around 8m.
    Closer to 9 million all week. It's a big week of events,It's been well advertised and of course it will get a helping hand from BGT
    Markynotts wrote: »
    It shows that people will actively seek out Eastenders on the night if the repeat is on at a reasonable hour. I never understood why it was booted to 10.30pm or even later on some nights for BBC Three.

Manchester was fine but it should be in Birmingham next year.
    No i never understood that either. I think next week we could be looking for a million or close to a million rating or two.

Birmingham for Doctors. It's more central for all the soaps really too.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disastrous ratings for EE.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Closer to 9 million all week. It's a big week of events,It's been well advertised and of course it will get a helping hand from BGT

I was excluding +1 in my prediction by the way. Last year's ratings:

Monday 8.67m (36.2%) +1 357k (1.9%)
    Tuesday 7.8m (31.6%) +1 863k (4.8%)
    Wednesday 8.61m (35.9%) +1 495k (2.7%)
    Thursday 8.5m (36.6%) +1 681k (3.8%)

Some big +1 figures there. Wonder how that will affect/be affected by the presence of EE BBC Three repeat? I think I'll revise up my expectation after seeing the figures. It should be getting a minimum of 8.5m.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very glad the Soap Awards got a lower rating. Why ITV waited nearly a week to air them is beyond me...if they aren't going to air them on the Sunday night, they shouldn't bother airing them at all.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    Disastrous ratings for EE.
    Hardly disastrous as we know why it was down and Emmerdale was also low.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice the BBC Media centre update for nthe week of 6-12 june has The Imterceptor an 8 part BBC1 drama starting doesn't say which day, also 2 part Stonemouth starts on Thursday the 11th on BBC 2
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV should think about beefing up their 10pm news offering next week, as it will get higher ratings, and give viewers reasons to watch, but instead they'll just go with their usual boring format, that the BBC does much better.
    Forum Member

Some big +1 figures there. Wonder how that will affect/be affected by the presence of EE BBC Three repeat? I think I'll revise up my expectation after seeing the figures. It should be getting a minimum of 8.5m.
    +1 didn't come to mind anyway I think The Main showings will be high 8's /passing 9 million.

BBC 3 EastEnders will do very well I would have thought. As seen years ago with EastEnders airing at 10:00pm the BBC 3 repeat saw highs of 1.8m but the move to 10:30 seemed to really dent it. As seen this week the move back to 10pm has worked wonders so it's hard to say how things will go regarding Corrie on +1 and EastEnders on BBC 3

I do know Mondays EastEnders will be the lowest of the week though. They have pulled that episode away in past years. Airing Tues to Fri at 7:30 works much better for BGT week.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    +1 didn't come to mind anyway I think The Main showings will be high 8's /passing 9 million.

BBC 3 EastEnders will do very well I would have thought. As seen years ago with EastEnders airing at 10:00pm the BBC 3 repeat saw highs of 1.8m but the move to 10:30 seemed to really dent it. As seen this week the move back to 10pm has worked wonders so it's hard to say how things will go regarding Corrie on +1 and EastEnders on BBC 3

I do know Mondays EastEnders will be the lowest of the week though. They have pulled that episode away in past years. Airing Tues to Fri at 7:30 works much better for BGT week.

I wonder if the BBC ever considered putting Eastenders on at 10pm on BBC 1 during BGT week and air the news at 9.30pm as im sure many people will watch ITV from 7pm - 10pm then turn over to BBC 3.
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    I wonder if the BBC ever considered putting Eastenders on at 10pm on BBC 1 during BGT week and air the news at 9.30pm as im sure many people will watch ITV from 7pm - 10pm then turn over to BBC 3.
    I think it would have crossed their minds. I think perhaps airing the news at 9:55 and EastEnders at 10:35 on BBC 1 would work very well. I can't see any problem with trying it once a year.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Leeah wrote: »
    Hey ho, still better than BB which is struggling to get at times or remains stagnant at 1m lol ;)
    Incredibly immature, aren't you? In my very next post I acknowledged the poor BB rating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    +1 didn't come to mind anyway I think The Main showings will be high 8's /passing 9 million..

Going on last year's figures they won't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would have crossed their minds. I think perhaps airing the news at 9:55 and EastEnders at 10:35 on BBC 1 would work very well. I can't see any problem with trying it once a year.

Would they not want Eastenders starting at 10 to get the viewers turning over from the BGT results if they did it
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Would they not want Eastenders starting at 10 to get the viewers turning over from the BGT results if they did it
    I think so but would moving the news to 9:30 really work ?
    Different plot totally though. May viewers that don't usually watch might just tune in for the Explosion this week while waiting for BGT to return.

One thing I've noticed with Corrie they seem to reveal nearly every little detail (Unless some secrets have been kept for next week) the trailer shows most of the explosion. Unlike EastEnders and Emmerdale that keeps a fair bit back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so but would moving the news to 9:30 really work ?

I dont know. the other option would be putting the news on at 10.30
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One thing I've noticed with Corrie they seem to reveal nearly every little detail (Unless some secrets have been kept for next week) the trailer shows most of the explosion. Unlike EastEnders and Emmerdale that keeps a fair bit back.

Well we don't know how the fire starts or who starts it. We don't know who dies (although I think everyone can guess 1 person). Apparently there will be other surprises. I have a feeling that Kylie might return next week as well judging by one of the cryptic spoilers but that would be a surprise to most. There's also the storyline with Jenny Bradley next week which we know very little about. For once they seem to have got the balance right by leaking enough out to get viewers to watch but not enough to spoil it (although we'll find that out for sure next week).
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie won't be much above 8m next week. It will undoubtedly do best on Monday and I predict it will settle in the mid 7m for the rest of the week. It will probably pull down the 9.30pm results for BGT with some below 6m exc+1.

I think we will see how much damage SB has done to Corrie. During Phil Collinson era, it was Corrie who was topping BGT on some nights, now its the one that needs support.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie won't be much above 8m next week. It will undoubtedly do best on Monday and I predict it will settle in the mid 7m for the rest of the week. It will probably pull down the 9.30pm results for BGT with some below 6m exc+1.

I think we will see how much damage SB has done to Corrie. During Phil Collinson era, it was Corrie who was topping BGT on some nights, now its the one that needs support.
    Isn't a big stunt fire week a draw? Shouldn't it draw in more casual viewers than Tina's murder last year?
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't think about Corrie on +1 at 10pm opposite the BBC3 EastEnders repeat. I can't call that one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

SB needs to leave corrie now. Corrie has lost like 1.5-2 million viewers because of him. I hope they can get those viewers back but i doubt it now.
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Terrible rating for EastEnders last night: 4.59m (24.3%)

Wow that is poor, emmerdale not much better off although a higher share.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that is poor, emmerdale not much better off although a higher share.
    Both programme clash so it was obviously going to be a poor rating for eastenders
This discussion has been closed.