Facebook attention seekers

12345679»

Comments

• *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    LOL at this thread, thoroughly enjoyable read.
    I have Facebook, sometimes my status is set to random things, sometimes important things.
    I use it mostly to chat to friends directly and post messages. It also keeps me in touch with my far flung family, some of whom are in the states and other countries.

The thing with FB is you don't have to have people on your list...you have to accept them as friends. So if they annoy you don't have them on your friends list!

You can delete people after you have added them you know, you don't have to keep them.
    Or if they are real friends who just annoy you with their updates use the "hide" key. That means they stay on your friends list, but you won't see their updates. They don't know you have hidden them and you still get their direct messages.

Facebook does everything it can to make sure you can pick and choose who you hear from.

If you still don't like it, don't have a facebook page. Its not for everyone...
    Personally I love it!

Well said Lizzy, I agree 100%

I use Facebook a lot and I update my status regularly, as do most of my friends, I enjoy reading what they're doing and they feel the same, if anyone doesn't, well as Lizzy says there's the hide function.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    I have seen the pouting face done in nightclubs a lot recently. People do it while they are dancing, without a camra in sight!! I really dont get it.

Oh good grief!! :rolleyes: I despair - I really do!!! :o:D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other week I logged onto facebook to discover a girl had uploaded a picture of her boyfriend lying stark, bollock naked on a bed! It was part of her holiday photographs and underneath it she had written something like oooooh dear how did this get in here? with a wink next to it and underneath all her mates had written stuff like, wow your dead lucky he's well fit etc.

Im not a prude. But who wants to see her boyfriends bare backside? Hes not exactly an oil painting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I have one pouting picture, but it's an exaggerated pose as I did it purely as a p*sstake of others that do it. My friend saw it and commented "Blue Steel!!" ...exactly! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be funny if it's just one picture amongst many normal photographs but it's the endless mind-numbing banality of it that drives me potty! I just can't bear people who pose this way and who make their photographs so unbelievably tedious to look at. It's just so boring now.

Sadly, I think it's digital photography that's to blame. If they had to pay for the development of all these crummy pictures onto paper, maybe they wouldn't produce so many.
    How true. Being able to use their mobile to take the photos, then upload them, not mention the availability of photo-editing software, means that any pouting miss or mister can have their photos on the site in a few minutes. They get snap-happy - they take the stupid photos even if they go to the shops or are standing at the bus-stop! :eek:

I'm sure many/most of these girls think the look makes them look attractive to boys. My goddaughter's sister had over 400 of these silly photos on her Bebo until recently, & she only removed them when a boy she liked told her that he thought pouting like that made girls look like cross-eyed fishes sucking the side of the goldfish bowl. If I'd told her that, she'd have ignored me, but they were off the site within 24 hours of him saying his piece. :D
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    I have seen the pouting face done in nightclubs a lot recently. People do it while they are dancing, without a camra in sight!! I really dont get it.

The girl I mentioned earlier - every time she goes out nightclubbing she posts all the 150 pictures on FB afterwards and there are always about 6 of her sticking her tongue out - of lips that are awash with lip gloss - I suppose she thinks it looks cheeky and cute but it actually looks like a slug crawling across her face - it is horrible :(

And before anybody says it - yes I know - why do I look at them ? - I suppose it is like car crash tv is my only excuse :o
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other week I logged onto facebook to discover a girl had uploaded a picture of her boyfriend lying stark, bollock naked on a bed! It was part of her holiday photographs and underneath it she had written something like oooooh dear how did this get in here? with a wink next to it and underneath all her mates had written stuff like, wow your dead lucky he's well fit etc.

If a guy had done that, it would have been 'all guys are the same, typical guy blah blah'.