Options

Sex and the City sequel confirmed

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What do us fans think of this?

I honestly think they are going to destroy it. What on earth can happen? We're obviously going to get lots of Samantha escapades as she is now single and they're not going to break up Carrie and Big again surely. Steve and Miranda just had a quick break up in the first one so that just leaves Charlotte. I'm honestly at a loss to how this can be good. Obviously i'll go and see it as i love the girls but i'm still worried.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a109948/hbo-confirms-sex-and-the-city-sequel.html

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see what you're saying, but surely they can come up with big storylines that don't involve break ups? Conflicts with new characters? Conflict with each other because of a disagreement?

I'm sure they'll pull it off and it might be better than the first one now that they don't have to continue the threads from the TV so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True. They'll definitley have some sort of theme to it. The first one was forgiveness.

Maybe Carrie gets pregnant? It'll be weird if she does but possibly really fun? What do you think?
  • Options
    Ellie666Ellie666 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS leave it alone - "Less is more" :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great to hear providing script is good a sequel will be good and needed - 177.5million box offie is fantastic esp when many people on here said it would flop!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i'd actually prefer another series but hey-ho, if we get to see the girls again and it's good then i don't mind.
  • Options
    JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delighted :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    yeah, what is it turning into???
    a movie series? I really think they should leave it to the first one.
    sounds so commercial to me
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think it's a good idea as I thought the first film was not good. They should quit while they're ahead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does risk been dragged on but i'm a huge fan so will watch anyway. Just look at the movies as part of the seventh series. The last movie was quite good so i will watch more.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Absolutely ecstatic!! :D

The film was brilliant, and i'm still watching my DVDs from the original series. I'm not sure what they could do in the film, but they managed to make over 90 episodes great so i'm sure they can manage something decent :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    Ellie666 wrote: »
    FFS leave it alone - "Less is more" :eek:

gosh i totally agree with you. i rolled my eyes when i read about the sequal,i thought the idea of the movie was to tie up all the loose ends? i've never seen SATC but seriously, they need to move on. that part of their life is done, they should find another movie/tv program to get involved in.:mad: