Options

Eastenders' Shirley/Dean

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Where do we want their relationship to go? Dean to carry on hating Shirley, or will he eventually become closer to her again? The lingering look we saw on Dean's face when Stan said he would be calling the favour in soon (presumably Dean talking to Shirley) shows, I think, that there is still a small part of him that feels something for his mother.

Comments

• Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'd like them to rebuild their relationship, I think finding out why Shirley walked will be a big part in bringing them closer. I noticed that look too, I didn't know if was just me and I also think that under the tough exterior he has built up, he does feel something for his mum. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the Carters don't pressure him into feeling sorry for her. I'm against a reconciliation as Shirley should suffer some real consequences for abandoning her children. I would like him to bond with Linda as Shirley loves undermining her parenting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I'd like them to rebuild their relationship, I think finding out why Shirley walked will be a big part in bringing them closer. I noticed that look too, I didn't know if was just me and I also think that under the tough exterior he has built up, he does feel something for his mum. :)

I agree, although I think all his tough exterior is a mask to how he really feels in general. He never was a ladies man so to have him as one now makes me think that he's used sex and women to gloss over everything that he feels.
    Keeki wrote: »
    I hope the Carters don't pressure him into feeling sorry for her. I'm against a reconciliation as Shirley should suffer some real consequences for abandoning her children. I would like him to bond with Linda as Shirley loves undermining her parenting.

Yeh a good Linda/Dean relationship would be interesting to see.
  • Options
    lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love if they rebuilt their relationship, with Shriley stepping up and showing Dean she can be a good mum to him. But before this, I want Shirley's background to be explored and hopefully it will be revealed why she abandoned her chilsren(I agree this will be a massive step in Shirley and Dean mending their relationship). And yes, I did think that look from Dean tonight signified a part of him does feel something for Shirley. Will be v interesting to see his reaction when Shirley explains her reasons for abandoning him and Carly all those years ago
  • Options
    Jordon_WestropeJordon_Westrope Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I hope they have a great relationship, although I cant see that.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I would like him to accept and maybe forgive her in time, but she needs to put in the ork and effort to deserve that happening.
  • Options
    Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    It's bad enough we get Shirley shaking with anger and sorrow at Stan on every occasion, let alone with Dean doing it to her, which is what we'll inevitably get for a good 8 months when the two begin to interact again. I still don't get why he dislikes her, also I wonder if Denise will still be close with him as she always looked out for Carly and Dean post-Kevin. It's give her something to do other than look awkward in the Beale dynamic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Keeki wrote: »

me too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love if they rebuilt their relationship, with Shriley stepping up and showing Dean she can be a good mum to him. But before this, I want Shirley's background to be explored and hopefully it will be revealed why she abandoned her chilsren(I agree this will be a massive step in Shirley and Dean mending their relationship). And yes, I did think that look from Dean tonight signified a part of him does feel something for Shirley. Will be v interesting to see his reaction when Shirley explains her reasons for abandoning him and Carly all those years ago

This is exactly what I want to see also. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to see him open up to someone about his time in prison, but I don't see this as being to Shirley....I can see it being Mick though. Shirley has never been shown to be a parent like Mick and Linda are so I can't see him breaking down and talking to her about his feelings etc. Maybe I'll be proved wrong though....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'd like them to show a different side to Shirley, a bit like they are doing with Phil/Ian. Would add a new dynamic. Looks like the Carters/Dean don't have much to do for awhile according to the cast lists though :(!
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I hope he carries on hating the two bit lush. A bitter, spiteful, friendless, gutter dwelling two bit lush who will die alone.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    I think this is Shirley's journey to becoming a 'Pat' like figure on the show. I think she will face up to her mistakes and ultimately win the forgiveness of her family. Hopefully a reconciliation with dean will allow her to move on from the past. Characters don't seem to stick around for as long as they used to, but I would like to see Shirley in it for the duration, and become one of those characters that anyone can interact with. Sharon and Shirley are being set up as Pat and Peggy round 2. For me though, it's a shame that their Frank Butcher is Phil Mitchell...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    I think this is Shirley's journey to becoming a 'Pat' like figure on the show. I think she will face up to her mistakes and ultimately win the forgiveness of her family. Hopefully a reconciliation with dean will allow her to move on from the past. Characters don't seem to stick around for as long as they used to, but I would like to see Shirley in it for the duration, and become one of those characters that anyone can interact with. Sharon and Shirley are being set up as Pat and Peggy round 2. For me though, it's a shame that their Frank Butcher is Phil Mitchell...

I agree with all of this. :)
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I want to see him open up to someone about his time in prison, but I don't see this as being to Shirley....I can see it being Mick though. Shirley has never been shown to be a parent like Mick and Linda are so I can't see him breaking down and talking to her about his feelings etc. Maybe I'll be proved wrong though....

I think it would be more interesting if it was Linda he got close to. I like Mick, but I get fed up with him always being the nice guy, and we know that, up to now, he has always taken Shirley's side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I think it would be more interesting if it was Linda he got close to. I like Mick, but I get fed up with him always being the nice guy, and we know that, up to now, he has always taken Shirley's side.

Yeh a good Linda/Dean relationship would be interesting to see
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Yeh a good Linda/Dean relationship would be interesting to see

I agree. And it could add to the Linda/Johnny story, as she could start to favour Dean over him (or at least in Johnny's eyes)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's the start of it all :D