Options

Is 'Who Killed Lucy?' the plot to get EastEnders back on top?

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    I don't think the ratings will be high to start but I do think they will rise, deservedly so everything said really sounds good, it certainly seems a really intreguing SL with lots of twists and turns.
    Compared to CS which upcoming whodunnit just seems a bit flat and the impression I get is Corrie is awful and whodunits

Yes, especially when people start talking about, people will start watching it again maybe by the 30th ep it might get a really high figure.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    I don't think the ratings will be high to start but I do think they will rise, deservedly so everything said really sounds good, it certainly seems a really intreguing SL with lots of twists and turns.
    Compared to CS which upcoming whodunnit just seems a bit flat and the impression I get is Corrie is awful and whodunits

I have full confidence that the ratings will rise. It's a massively exciting time for the show. After years of turgid and uninspiring material, things have finally been shaken up for the better and people are now talking about the show again.

Corrie- on the other hand- has lazy, rehashed storylines, characters with personality transplants and zero imagination or flair. Tina's death won't have a fraction of the impact that Lucy's will have.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is her body found?
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting the feeling that they might use the odd flashback or something. All this revealing of secrets after Lucy has gone plus - I think they might do an episode next year as part of the reveal that actually takes us into the flat/scene where she dies especially seeing as they don't won't a live episode reveal.

It would be great to think they've already filmed it but won't show it to us for 9 months!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Where is her body found?

Walford Common
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Sharon Marshall just said on This Morning that Lucy banged her head so that there would be blood in Max's office thus making him a suspect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walford Common

Is this a park or some building? I thought she was found at bottom of stairs?
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Is this a park or some building? I thought she was found at bottom of stairs?

Walford Common is the location of the flats Lucy and Lauren were selling on Tuesday. Her body is dumped there after her death. She is definitely not found at the bottom of any stairs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walford Common is the location of the flats Lucy and Lauren were selling on Tuesday. Her body is dumped there after her death. She is definitely not found at the bottom of any stairs.

So that would rule out abi then because she wouldn't do that. Have ee said its a one of the big characters that kills her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I know she gets an email from her killer asking to meet her at a flat, she goes alone and her body is then discovered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know she gets an email from her killer asking to meet her at a flat, she goes alone and her body is then discovered.

Unless one of the major characters like jac jossa, jake wood or adam woodyatt are leaving then it has to be someone like alek or maybe danny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be a case that they haven't announced certain departures.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ratings last week were not spectacular but they were pretty consistent throughout the week. I reckon we could see 7.5/7.6 million for tomorrow night's episode when the Beales get news of Lucy's death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    8.1m and 8.4m for Monday and Tuesday's episodes- result! Tuesday also saw the show hit its highest overnight share since August 2012. Let's hope that the show can build on this momentum in the coming weeks. Last night's poignant episode will be remembered as a classic in years to come. EastEnders has been consistently brilliant since Michael Moon's murder back in early November and thoroughly deserves all the praise it's been receiving of late.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I actually think it could be Jake, the guy who was homeless who stayed with Ian, who then has recently given him a job in the kitchens.
    He was looking at Lucy in a strange way last week on a number of occasions. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's too obvious to be Jake; besides, Jamie Lomas is leaving during the summer. Lucy's killer ain't revealed until next February.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    8.1m and 8.4m for Monday and Tuesday's episodes- result! Tuesday also saw the show hit its highest overnight share since August 2012. Let's hope that the show can build on this momentum in the coming weeks. Last night's poignant episode will be remembered as a classic in years to come. EastEnders has been consistently brilliant since Michael Moon's murder back in early November and thoroughly deserves all the praise it's been receiving of late.

Sharon's return?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Sharon's return?

Yes, as far as I know.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Sharon's return?

Yes, 14th August 2012. The Tuesday of her return week. That's only the share though, its rating was the highest since 25th November last year (Roxy and Alfie's wedding.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's hoping that they will match Tuesday's figure tomorrow, without any football competition.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Adam Wodyatt is amazing. I have loved tbis storyline so far and the build up,. Lucy's secrets coming out bit by bit will be very good IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved all the scenes this week apart from the final scene on Friday when Ian snogged Jane. It was a black mark on what was otherwise a golden week for the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who killed Lucy Beale? My money's on Maggie Simpson. No one would suspect someone from another show plus Maggie has a history for attempted murder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who killed Lucy Beale? My money's on Maggie Simpson. No one would suspect someone from another show plus Maggie has a history for attempted murder.

Baha, it's true. She does have form!
  • Options
    glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,323
    Forum Member
    Eastenders is no1 for me now, im a neutral soap watcher too, I have never had a favourite and didnt grow up watching them.

Started watching Eastenders in about 2004 watched it on and off until about September 2013 where I then barely watched it sometimes not for over a month until Christmas and New Year where I watched it but then never watched it for weeks at a time again until about 5 weeks ago where i've started watching every episode again, probably the best its been in a couple of years or more.

Started Watching Hollyoaks about 2004 too, watched it regularly until about 2009 or possibly 2010ish, havent watched it since it became terrible.

Started watching Coronation Street about October 2010(actually joined here to talk about it) it quickly became my favourite but has become unwatchable the last few months, havent watched it in over a month and before then I was bearly watching it since about October, its rapidly went down hill.