The Following - Season 2

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not sure what the point of this series is.

It seems to revel in gratuitous violence, not that I'm complaining.

I like the randomness of the killings.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Great isn't it.

yep :D Im totally addicted despite the samey-ness
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im hoping that Joe and Emma get killed ...ate really killed at the end of this season and next season features Lilly and the creepy twins as the main baddies.

Joe has run his course
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »

Joe has run his course

Agreed
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a few to watch and just caught up. I had a feeling Claire would still be alive - they brushed over her 'death' too quickly at the start of this series.

Poor Mandy. I am not a fan of the creepy twins.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well bye bye Lily, although her death scene was pretty naff it really takes mike on an even darker path!

How many episodes left?

I did think Ryan was going to shoot Emma when he was hiding in the audience!
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Well bye bye Lily, although her death scene was pretty naff it really takes mike on an even darker path!

How many episodes left?

I did think Ryan was going to shoot Emma when he was hiding in the audience!

I thought the way she fell was a bit, well stiff :D

Think there is only one episode left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant from Mike, was desperate for him to shoot her

All still felt a bit flat though. Lily dies before even getting to see Joe again. There needs to be an epic three way fight between Joe, Ryan, and the twins or this season will feel like a complete damp squib
  • storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the way she fell was a bit, well stiff :D

Think there is only one episode left.

2 more episodes left.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All still felt a bit flat though. Lily dies before even getting to see Joe again. There needs to be an epic three way fight between Joe, Ryan, and the twins or this season will feel like a complete damp squib

The twins may go completely psycho now though and catch up with Joe,we will have to wait and see. I think the show is a little unrealistic at times but it's fantastic entertainment and action packed and I love it. I think the TV reporter will be at the centre of a huge twist at some point
  • jojobananasjojobananas Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Sorry but have got to butt in to this thread!! Absolultely LOVE this programme.
    It's pure escapism, nothing like reality and IT'S FICTION!! Personally I find just being able to sit and suspend belief for an hour each week a form of therapy. If i start looking at it logically - like why did/didn't someone do something etc - it gets much too stressful!! Like superhero or Bond movies, if the baddie didn't waste time trying to kill the hero in various clever methods he could be ruling the world by the end of the film, just as Ryan, Joe, Mike etc have all had the chance to shorten the series at one time or another but messed it up ;-)
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »
    Im hoping that Joe and Emma get killed ...ate really killed at the end of this season and next season features Lilly and the creepy twins as the main baddies.

Joe has run his course

Ah well..not Lilly then >:(
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I was hoping he would shoot her in the head so we knew for sure she was dead.

Or else at least torture her with a couple of shots to the knee caps and hands.

She got off to easy.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    So I thought the Son was either going to try and stab Joe, when he got the knive or kill himself, not kill the woman.:o

Lily's end was a surprise plus Joe knows Claire is alive, may mix it up a bit, in his head.

The New York Plan: do we see that next week.:cool:
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    storm818 wrote: »
    2 more episodes left.

Yes you are correct.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but i really like this show :0 its an easy watch, exciting with twists and turns. great fun tv entertainment
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad we saw Mike get some revenge. I love that we heard it said, a few times in this episode, that it won't help him at all! However, I think for Mike as a character, it gives him a lot more options to go down. Will he end up completely devoid of any proper emotion, like how Ryan was?

It says that for the next episode, there's a huge twist that no one will expect. Maybe it could be something to do with Max?
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    a major twist ?

ooh i would like Emma (i hope thats her name - I always forget character names) to go against Joe ..the follower that has used her 'sire' and grown bored by him ..for her own ascension. She has been a little meh-meh this season. Maybe she joins forces with the twins?

or could it be to do with his niece?
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a major twist? ooh how exciting

Im going to go for one of Team Ryan actually being on Team Joe/Lily and really upsetting the apple cart :)
  • spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it this means Joe survives this series then, I did think that they would kill him off and then season 3 would be about Lilly, but as been as she is dead(well supposed to be, we saw her twin get shot 3 or 4 times close range earlier in the season and he survived, so you never know), I cant see them at least going into season 3 without joe
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan will save lily grays life, joe will try to stop the new york thing now he knows his wife is alive. The twins will want revenge against joe, emma will turn out to be lily Grays daughter or the reporter will turn out to be a follower.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Mike put two bullets in Lily's abdomen and one in her head? Pretty certain she's dead
  • spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Mike put two bullets in Lily's abdomen and one in her head? Pretty certain she's dead

dont think it was her head, thought all 3 was abdomen but maybe wrong, alhough like i say he shot one of the twins about 3 times at point blank range and then punched his lights out earlier in the series and he is still alive, so with this show you never know, I am going to say the major twist next week sees mike as a follower all along!!!!
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan will save lily grays life, joe will try to stop the new york thing now he knows his wife is alive. The twins will want revenge against joe, emma will turn out to be lily Grays daughter or the reporter will turn out to be a follower.

BIB - I'd say thats the most likely twist. She could be this season's Molly. Sent by Joe to get together to Ryan and make him care about her etc before sticking the knife in. Also she has survived several attacks by Joe's followers and they've always given her a message. If she wasnt a follower the "logical" thing for Joe to do would be to kill her to hurt Ryan. They could use any reporter to send out their message but they choose the one that just happens to be sleeping with their arch nemesis.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unlikely, we saw Emma kill her mother in season 1.

However I was discussing this with my partner the other day. Has Emma actually killed anyone this series? For someone who appeared so engrained in to the "cult" i don't think she has killed anyone in ages...... I am not sure if that is important or not.

I would be a bit disappointed if Mike ended up being a follower. I can't see Max being a follower either. So i think if the "twist" is a follower twist it would be most likely to be the reporter. However maybe the twist will be something else, maybe Emma is actually undercover FBI (that would be a very strange twist) or maybe something to do with Clare?