Fargo: Season 1 [US Pace] April 15th, 2014

xander63xander63 Posts: 669
Forum Member
✭✭
The original Fargo movie is one of my all time favourites, so I'm interested to see how it plays out as a TV series. Cast looks pretty good!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

Will be watching the Pilot episode later.

Comments

• FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a good start, definitely worth watching.
  • BigPatBigPat Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed that! I was worried that it was going to just be a different take on the movie, but it wasn't. Funny and creepy. I'll be watching this one 'til the end, that's for sure.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a good start, definitely worth watching.

It was an excellent start, they have managed to keep the tone of the movie and yet make it different enough, for a standalone show.

Definitely will be tuning in for the next 9 episodes. :)
  • hallchallc Posts: 200,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What channel ,on Sky is it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post, sorry!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hallc wrote: »
    What channel ,on Sky is it

It's not on Sky, Fargo starts in the UK on 20th April, 9pm, Channel 4
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,808
    Forum Member
    This is a series that I would put in the 'Highly Recommended' category. :)

Absolutely brilliant!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this last night. Very much enjoyed it.
  • frankiepigeonfrankiepigeon Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    For those with access to multi regional Netflix:

Fargo the TV series is exclusively on the Netherlands region from today. One episode every week straight after it's USA broadcast.
    Similar to how the UK was given the last series of Breaking Bad.

Episode one is now up so no need to wait til Sunday for the Ch4 screening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those with access to multi regional Netflix:

Fargo the TV series is exclusively on the Netherlands region from today. One episode every week straight after it's USA broadcast.
    Similar to how the UK was given the last series of Breaking Bad.

Episode one is now up so no need to wait til Sunday for the Ch4 screening.

And for those without access to multi-region Netflix, get yerself some Unblock Us and open the floodgates, entirely legally! :D

(seriously, who pays for UK netflix and actually watches UK netflix?!)
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing first episode, BBT absolutely killed the role.
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Riveting performances all round. Brilliant production. So good to have something to look forward to.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Enjoyable opener, Billy Bob Thornton is just perfect for the role, not sure about Martin Freemans accent though!
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,808
    Forum Member
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Enjoyable opener, Billy Bob Thornton is just perfect for the role, not sure about Martin Freemans accent though!

Given that the majority of Minnesota residents are of Scandinavian and German descent and that Martin Freeman plays Lester Nygaard, I think that it works personally.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    Given that the majority of Minnesota residents are of Scandinavian and German descent and that Martin Freeman plays Lester Nygaard, I think that it works personally.

Okaaaay, thanks for the history lesson, still doesn't explain why MF sounded Scottish at times though! :p
  • jmezjmez Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    (seriously, who pays for UK netflix and actually watches UK netflix?!)

certainly not much on there.. in fact, if I could only get UK netflix I wouldn't bother subscribing. We're always discovering gems on the various regions we have access too!

It was an excellent start to the show, wasn't sure what to expect but I'm hooked! roll on next week!
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I enjoyed this, wasn't too sure at the start but it's really quite funny :D
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding when BBT was pulled over by Colin Hanks...

Did he *deliberately* get himself pulled over so he could deliver a threat?
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

That's certainly what it seems like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great 2nd episode, some really funny moments and excellent one liners.

Topped off by BBT's response to being threatened in his hotel room by the old school heavy. Never seen anything like it, but it had me in stitches! LOL!

How do you respond when a man does that to you?? :D

BBT's is full of wit and menace all at the same time, great performance from him in this.

This is already must see TV for me! Great show.
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »

Of course. He enjoys messing with people; the boy sweeping in the car park, the phone call to the son, visiting the man he's going to kill, telling Martin Freeman he didn't say 'no' (to the killing), etc.

Not so much a theme in the drama as a character trait.

He changed his mind with Hanks though, and gave him a way out (once he heard his daughter).
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its so good just about to watch ep 2 now but need peace a coffee and chill time first so im ready :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unguent:D:D

BBT steals the shoppers car just for the fun of it. Or was he driving Lester's car and wanted to dump it. So he went for a BOGOF type deal. Grimly got the plate number when he stopped BBT. Will that lead back to Lester, who said his car was in the shop.

Molly is miffed at being taken off of the Chief's murder inquiry. But if she takes lead on the thing that started all of this, BBT running off the road, she'll end up back at Lester's house anyway?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that a painting of an ice scraper in the king's office. The king found the ransom money from the film? Big leap I know but it's what popped into my head.

Loved Molly and Gus together. He knows he did wrong letting BBT go on the traffic stop, even though we can totally sympathise with his reasons for doing so. His need to be there to take care of his daughter overrides his sense of duty. Molly knew straight why Gus chickened out. Did she give him a mouthful about being a coward? No, she took him for burger and shakes. In that moment I really warmed to Molly. She's a smart cop who is steadfast in her duty to her fallen brother officer, but is also compassionate with it.

Gus maybe should about a transfer to animal control though.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it OK to talk about the movie in the open, or does it need too be in spoilers? Especially IF plots from the movie get covered, or follow on in this tv show.