• queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do NOT like it at all!

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee bring back the old face :(
  • JoannexxJoannexx Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am struggling navigating around but will get used to it. What is driving me crazy is the posts going off the screen on the right hand side so I am missing chunks of peoples posts. I am using a tablet and have tried finding a mobile app for ds but no luck yet. Also don't like typing, there is no space to read between the keyboard and the banner
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    So have I, and it isn't there.

http://i.imgur.com/jHGyBxt.png

that's exactly what i get too
  • bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brian_w wrote: »
    In your image above, the search icon part of the digital spy header is on a separate line underneath (on the right hand side). It would appear that this is blocking the navigation text.

Using Firefox here with adblock+ and the ds logo and the search icon are all on one line and navigation bar is visible. Disable adblock and search icon drops down a line and once again obsures the navigation text.

Hope this helps.

My screen looks just like the photo posted and i have no navigation. I'm on a desktop and i'm using firefox with adblocker installed so i think the problem may be something else :(
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me, tired of people saying its there when it is not.

But it is there for some people, are we not allowed to say we have it just because you don't :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Hate It!!
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has nobody fixed this f*ck up yet?:mad: FFS DS its blatantly obvious to a blind deaf and dumb person that this is unbearable. I got such a sharp shooting pain in the side of head after looking at this I thought someone had drilled into my skull:eek: Why is nobody answering our questions? Nor emails of complaint? Why are there no mods on a nearly 50 page thread of complaints, complaints with very good reason? But most of all- why the fookin hell did you change it?:mad: And in case your not getting the message clearly enough WE THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM DETEST BEYOND ALL DOUBT THIS APPALLING, SHITE DESIGN AND UPGRADE TO DS. WE DONT LIKE IT, WE DONT WANT IT, WE CAN'T USE IT, WE CAN'T EVEN READ THE DAMN THING:mad: SO DO THE RIGHT THING AND CHANGE. IT. BACK. NOW.
  • TidoshoTidosho Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clean and clear but just too much space. I'd like to see more threads per page.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I have no problem with change - apart from the header at the top being absolutely massive! :D
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, mods/Hearst people. Look at the complaints. You have surely GOT to admit you've made a huge mistake with this and either change it back or do something to make the new look easier on the eyes/head. Or do you only care about new users, which is most likely...
  • brian_wbrian_w Posts: 198
    Forum Member

If the search icon part of the digital spy header is on a separate line underneath (on the right hand side). It would appear that this is blocking the navigation text.

If the ds logo and the search icon are all on one line the navigation bar is visible.
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like different people are seeing different things? I haven't got any grey, it's all kind of pink. And I can't see the "go to first unread post" that someone claimed was under the reply button either... [EDIT] Oh, I can, I was looking in the wrong place :o

I actually like the design OK, and the font of the actual posts - it's quite neat and clean, if a bit bright. There should probably be an option for light-on-dark text for accessibility reasons.

I don't like the extra spacing on the main forum pages; I want to see as many threads as possible. The problem with the header isn't its size, it's that it's floating. There's absolutely no reason for that, you're just taking up at least a sixth of people's screens for "branding" or whatever, and it's annoying. If we want to get to the links at the top of the page, we can just hit the "home" button.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    If it stays like this I won't be here again.

I wonder why the mods aren't responding? Have they all gone home?
    They've all jumped out of the office window over in New York, or wherever it is they're hiding,
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And its hurting my eyes :(:(:(
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has nobody fixed this f*ck up yet?:mad: FFS DS its blatantly obvious to a blind deaf and dumb person that this is unbearable. I got such a sharp shooting pain in the side of head after looking at this I thought someone had drilled into my skull:eek: Why is nobody answering our questions? Nor emails of complaint? Why are there no mods on a nearly 50 page thread of complaints, complaints with very good reason? But most of all- why the fookin hell did you change it?:mad: And in case your not getting the message clearly enough WE THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM DETEST BEYOND ALL DOUBT THIS APPALLING, SHITE DESIGN AND UPGRADE TO DS. WE DONT LIKE IT, WE DONT WANT IT, WE CAN'T USE IT, WE CAN'T EVEN READ THE DAMN THING:mad: SO DO THE RIGHT THING AND CHANGE. IT. BACK. NOW.

Aaaaand breathe, Collie :p
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlizzardUK wrote: »
    This is what it looks like on my 1080p resolution : http://www.storespace.net/dspy.jpg

Try it with your adblocker turned off.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that irritates me is that the banner is gone! So now, I have to keep clicking the "Forums" button in order to go from one thread to another but this becomes really tedious when many threads are on the same page. I have to keep going back and forth so I can view them! This is going at a much slow and repetitive pace!:mad:

ARRRGGGGGH!:mad: Can you please change the layout back? I miss the blue colour that made DS recognisable!:(
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to be able to view the forum correctly in full now I've switched to the mobile site, but I've never liked the mobile site which is why I use desktop.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member

This is how mine looks too. Using firefox and an ad blocker.
  • HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those who are confused about the breadcrumb links - you should see this: http://i.imgur.com/Duur9F9.png

As Digital Spy didn't do enough browser and resolution testing the menubar is rendering incorrectly for some people meaning that can't see the breadcrumb links.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    It hurts my eyes.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyond utterly HATE this layout. Grey on grey, nonsense spacing, un-user-friendly, no sideline, Poll please.

This WILL make me stop posting here, it's downright dreadful, just awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The mods can't hear you mate, they are having one wild Christmas party with all the money they saved cheaping out on Web Designers :p
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is dreadful. On I-pad there is no right hand bit to the screen, I can't read the right bit of posts. The screen just cuts off. As I use DS. On ipad only while I'm watching tv if it isn't sorted I will no longer be looking at or using DS.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Helix wrote: »
    For those who are confused about the breadcrumb links - you should see this: http://i.imgur.com/Duur9F9.png

As Digital Spy didn't do enough browser and resolution testing the menubar is rendering incorrectly for some people meaning that can't see the breadcrumb links.

i could see that earlier but halfway through masterchef that bar at the top doubled in size and now blocks all that out
This discussion has been closed.