Newcastle United Supporters Thread 2013-14 Season

Comments

• Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    Without Remy we're just a rubbish team and Loic isn't even our player as for the goal Krul was awful should've done better.

Stoke dominating here we currently have no chance.

Those four wins out of four in November feels like a lifetime ago now.

It is not just about players. Alan Pardew brings on subs for the last 20-30 minutes. What is the point in that? These players cannot perform miracles with this limited time. It is a joke. His starting team selections are not working either.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not just about players. Alan Pardew brings on subs for the last 20-30 minutes. What is the point in that? These players cannot perform miracles with this limited time. It is a joke.

I don't know it's so inept the Team, the Manager and the Owner.
    Forum Member
    I don't know it's so inept the Team, the Manager and the Owner.

Is it a coincidence players like Danny Simpson and Wayne Routledge are better players, now they are not playing under Newcastle Management?

Leaving early, so Alan Pardew doesn't take any of the heat from fans. What a joke.

Adam Armstrong is a striker, but instead he is playing out wide. Why?:confused: Alan Pardew's clueless tactics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So in the Premier League we lost 18 games in 2008/09, 19 games in 2013/14 are we going for 20 this season >:(

As I said I've just had enough of this season, wish it would end now.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not just about players. Alan Pardew brings on subs for the last 20-30 minutes. What is the point in that? These players cannot perform miracles with this limited time. It is a joke. His starting team selections are not working either.

Are you kidding? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Pardew is now blaming the local press for the fans turning against him >:(

Maybe it's down to the fact that since the 29th of December we have played 16 times in all competitions and lost 12 of them and then there's also the fact that we have failed to score in 11 of those matches as well.

There's a brilliant response on the back of the Sunday Sun here's a link on Lee Ryder's Twitter to the article https://twitter.com/lee_ryder/status/455058341128318976/photo/1
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Are you kidding? :confused:

No, I am not. Subs cannot be expected to perform miracles in just 20 minutes. It is too much pressure. If you bring subs on, give them at least 40 minutes. People expect too much from subs, when they are only giving a limited time.

I would start Adam Armstrong next week. It looks like he is ready now, so I would like to see him start. He needs to be in his right position though. He is a striker, so needs to be up the front, not out wide.

As much as I like Ben Arfa, he wasn't playing the game last night and it looks like he no longer wants to play for Pardew. I cannot blame him, after his terrible treatment from management, after defeats. I personally wouldn't want to work for someone who treated me like crap. I can imagine the player is eager to get away from Newcastle now, but has got to wait until the Summer. I wouldn't use him to start, or as a sub. Keep him out of the last games, is my opinion.

Dan Gosling was decent too. I did not think much of him last time, but he did well last night. Credit to the player. It just shows how players can surprise you at times.

I wonder if Luuk De Jong will stay at Newcastle now?
  • NE5NE5 Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you can play around with formations as much as you like, but if the players are mediocre it won't make much difference.

This is the trouble. Not Pardews fault, who is doing a decent job with mediocre players and one hand tied behind his back.

I really don't get how people can expect him to put together a team like we had under Keegan and Robson when the owner won't back him to anywhere near the same extent.
    Forum Member
    NE5 wrote: »
    you can play around with formations as much as you like, but if the players are mediocre it won't make much difference.

This is the trouble. Not Pardews fault, who is doing a decent job with mediocre players and one hand tied behind his back.

I really don't get how people can expect him to put together a team like we had under Keegan and Robson when the owner won't back him to anywhere near the same extent.

Your opinion. However, I still blame Pardew for defeats. It his fault he has lost the players, after the headbutting incident and selling Cabaye, nevermind using one player as a scapegoat for defeats. (I am not sure the players will respect him after all of that) Is it any wonder some players do not want to play for Pardew? I bet they want to get away now, rather than the Summer? It also doesn't help, when he says his squad needs more quality and cannot motivate the players. How is this kind of talk, going to help the confidence of current players?

Players in wrong positions and subs used in limited time is a joke. Players, who have moved away from Newcastle are doing a lot better than when they played under Pardew. Not a coincidence. If Pardew was at a club like Chelsea, or Man City, he would have been sacked by now. Losing the fans, local press, players and dressing room, is not a good sign.
    Forum Member
    I see Pardew is now blaming the local press for the fans turning against him >:(

Maybe it's down to the fact that since the 29th of December we have played 16 times in all competitions and lost 12 of them and then there's also the fact that we have failed to score in 11 of those matches as well.

There's a brilliant response on the back of the Sunday Sun here's a link on Lee Ryder's Twitter to the article https://twitter.com/lee_ryder/status/455058341128318976/photo/1

Haha, didn't he blame the wind too?:D
    Forum Member
    In my last post, I put down Pardew sold Cabaye. Well, he was not to blame for that, so I shouldn't have put that point down. That was down to Ashley and Cabaye did want out.

Pardew claims his team lack creativity. We have Marv, who is a creative player. Why not use him? The manager does not help himself, in my opinion.
  • NE5NE5 Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if these players are so good and we should be doing so much better with them under another manager rather than the dope we currently have in charge, who exactly of the teams above us do we have better players than ?
    Forum Member
    Did you know Newcastle have their tv channel on youtube? You can check it out here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nUNSzqU0jI
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you know Newcastle have their tv channel on youtube? You can check it out here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nUNSzqU0jI

Bit misleading, its nothing to do with the club its just vox pops after the game. Bit like that True Geordie thing
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Bit misleading, its nothing to do with the club its just vox pops after the game. Bit like that True Geordie thing

Well, it is fans giving their views though. Just thought I would post it, incase people were interested in the views of other fans.:) I did think this channel was down to Newcastle, so I am sorry if I thought wrong. I did not mean to mislead anyone.
    Forum Member
    Looks like Pardew has lost the dressing room. Well done Colo and Ben Arfa, for standing up to the manager.:) I wonder if Colo will be on the bench after his rant? He shouldn't, but you can imagine Newcastle management will not be happy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-fabricio-coloccini-aims-dressing-room-3408929
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If enough players speak out, maybe they can force Ashleys hand and get the manager out.
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    If enough players speak out, maybe they can force Ashleys hand and get the manager out.

I have a feeling Colo and Ben Arfa knew they are leaving anyway in the Summer before their disagreements with Pardew, so this could be a reason why they have spoken up. Would a player really speak up and risk losing their place at Newcastle, if they wanted to stay at Newcastle? I am not sure. I still respect the players for standing up to Pardew though:) It takes guts.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top 10 finish. Season financial objective achieved.

Can't see Ashley acting unless that changes.
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Top 10 finish. Season financial objective achieved.

Can't see Ashley acting unless that changes.

I know. He won't go, unless Newcastle are relegated. Next season will be the big test for Pardew, if Newcastle head for relegation.

Anyway, the positives. Remy could be back for the next match. Well, hopefully he wll be. Apparently he has been in talks with clubs for the next season. Good luck to this player for his future. He has done a lot for Newcastle, so deserves respect and thanks in my opinion:)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/13/newcastle-united-alan-pardew-loic-remy-stoke-city

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/loic-remy-reveals-talks-several-6983015
    Forum Member
    Apparently Newcastle players were furious when Ben Arfa was allowed to play for the last 20 minutes. I am sorry, but these players do come across as very petty now. Why does it matter, if another footballer gets to play, when you are earning a big wage?

Footballers are there to play. How petty for these footballers who moaned, about not being happy with another footballer playing. Shame on them, I bet Ben Arfa cannot wait to get away from his pathetic team mates (the ones who do complain about him) and leave Newcastle for his own good.

Did these players forget that goal assist from Ben Arfa at Crystal Palace and the time he tried to create a goal for Anita at Everton? It just shows how threatened the players, who did complain about Ben Arfa being on the pitch, are by him. I hope when he does leave, he tells all the players who moaned about him where to go.

I do not care if people slate Ben Arfa, but I have nothing but respect for this guy.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/newcastle-players-furious-pardew-fielded-ben-arfa-4017245?utm_source=main_feed

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/alan-pardew-understood-faced-dressing-6984584
    Forum Member
    No wonder Remy won't stay at Newcastle. Who can blame him, with petty footballers and clowns damaging the club. Get yourself to a a bigger club, where you won't be ruined by managment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm doubting Remy will be fit for this weekend till I see him playing as for The Mirror article I read it and that was very interesting.
    Forum Member
    I'm doubting Remy will be fit for this weekend till I see him playing as for The Mirror article I read it and that was very interesting.

It is a shame if he won't be fit. It would be nice to see him play the last few games, before the end of season. There are only four, or five games left now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a shame if he won't be fit. It would be nice to see him play the last few games, before the end of season. There are only four, or five games left now?

There's four matches left which are Swansea City (H), Arsenal (A), Cardiff City (H) and Liverpool (A).