Paranormal Activity spin off

nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
Forum Member
It looks like Paranormal activity has become large enough to have its own spin off! I am a fan of the movies but does it really need a spin off?!

What other movie series have had spin offs? I can't really think of any.

http://www.trailer-geek.com/paranormal-activity-5-due-for-oct-2014/2013/08/

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrek had a spin off with Puss in boots
    So have the X men films regarding Wolverine
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Shrek had a spin off with Puss in boots
    So have the X men films regarding Wolverine

Hmm yeah I would say puss and boots is a spin off, but I just can't help but disagree with the wolverine one :)

I know its from xmen, but I just feel Wolverine could have been a movie without xmen anyway... If that makes sense?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst movie franchise ever created.... I hope the two PA enteries next year flop big time.

Hell the first 3 grossed 100 million each in the US, but the 4th fell by 50% and grossed 50 million.
    Not a great sign for future installments
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Worst movie franchise ever created.... I hope the two PA enteries next year flop big time.

Hell the first 3 grossed 100 million each in the US, but the 4th fell by 50% and grossed 50 million.

Why would you want them to flop?
    I didn't like the first one so I've not watched any of the others. Makes no difference to me wether they make another but obviously some people enjoy them.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpion King is a spin off, of the Mummy Films.
    I suppose some of the American Pie films are spin offs.

A lot of films are just lazy attached films were the main actors don't appear again ?

I haven't seen Paranormal Activity, as it strikes me as a film that is only scary if you sit next to someone in a Cinema who would jump at the sound of anything.

I like horror films to at least have a monster/ghost make an appearance. That's why Cloverfield was better than I thought it would be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you want them to flop?
    I didn't like the first one so I've not watched any of the others. Makes no difference to me wether they make another but obviously some people enjoy them.
    Because their success brought along The Last Exocrism, The Devil Inside Etc... Found Footage horror is absolute sh!t
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because their success brought along The Last Exocrism, The Devil Inside Etc... Found Footage horror is absolute sh!t

And a general resurgence of haunted house horror - Insidious, Sinister, Ths Conjuring.
    And saying 'found footage' is terrible is a bit sweeping. Yes, recently there's been a slew of bad examples but there have also been some very good ones - and found footage didn't start with PA.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first few were ok but they are getting worse
    But it's nice to see ghosts. entity's etc become a focus point on loads of films lately, because i love ghost films.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And a general resurgence of haunted house horror - Insidious, Sinister, Ths Conjuring.
    And saying 'found footage' is terrible is a bit sweeping. Yes, recently there's been a slew of bad examples but there have also been some very good ones - and found footage didn't start with PA.
    Blair Witch Project is the only good found footage horror film.
    And Insidious was in development before PA came along, The Conjuring came from the creators of Insidious...
    Forum Member
    And Insidious was in development before PA came along, The Conjuring came from the creators of Insidious...

Personally I really like PA films, although I really didn't like the last one.

Blair witch is easily the best found footage movie of all time, I recently watch Blair witch 2 again on netflix. Thats a decent film also.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But the horror genre was in decline before PA. The films themselves may be terrible but their success contributed to the success of the films that followed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Quite excited for 2 Paranormal Activity movies in one year. Bummed there's no new movie this year though.

I was reading about the new spin-off movie earlier. Sounds quite interesting http://buzzsauce.co.uk/film/two-paranormal-activity-films-to-be-released-in-2014/
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never understood why anyone would say such a thing.

Granted, you don't like the PA franchise & that is your prerogative, but to hope that they flop so that no more are made is bizarre in the extreme.

Nobody is forced to watch anything they don't like & the existence of the PA franchise doesn't stop other films that you might like being made, so I don't get your problem.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member

What a crazy thing to say. It's like hoping a burger shop closes down because you don't like burgers, or a guitar shop closes down because you don't like/can't play guitars.

I won't go and see the movie (PA:TMO) at the Cinema although I will probably get it when it comes on BluRay.
    Forum Member
    I've never understood why anyone would say such a thing.

Granted, you don't like the PA franchise & that is your prerogative, but to hope that they flop so that no more are made is bizarre in the extreme.

Nobody is forced to watch anything they don't like & the existence of the PA franchise doesn't stop other films that you might like being made, so I don't get your problem.

My thoughts exactly... There are a lot of movies I really don't like after watching it and even movies I just don't like the look of but I don't exactly hate them to the point where I want them to flop...

Anyway, this Paranormal activity the marked ones is pretty good. Its probably my 2nd Fav PA movie.