Rupauls Drag Race

Comments

• Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    It's kind of annoying, i don't think it's looks or size based, more her attitude. Like she has a problem with the "pageant girls" because they rely on their looks, and a problem with the "funny queens" because they are funnier than her. I think it might be Roxxxy she reminds me of, but not so openly hostile in the workroom.

I get the impression she thought she was going to be the "funny one" this season and is now being over shadowed by the other contestants
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are not allowed say "ooooh gurl you got she mail" anymore. The trans community got offended so logo pulled the episode "shade - the rusical" from their website because of the she male challenge.
    I get the impression she thought she was going to be the "funny one" this season and is now being over shadowed by the other contestants

Yeah i saw the controversy about that segment, I understand where the trans community are coming from, but I think they are being overly sensitive.

I agree that Darienne probably thought she'd be the funny one.
    Forum Member
    Yeah i saw the controversy about that segment, I understand where the trans community are coming from, but I think they are being overly sensitive.

I agree that Darienne probably thought she'd be the funny one.

Its so ridiculous. We are now into the 6th season and its only now they are getting offended.

Whats next? Lets ban all men dressing as women
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe that no UK channel wants to show it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched the latest episode fully yet (only up to the critiques), so don't know who goes, but my thoughts so far.

YAYS Ben De La Creme, back in the race.
    Ru's runway outfit is amazing.
    OMG Courtney's eagle/ angel look. Best outfit since Raja's Marie Antoinette look.
    Forum Member
    The right person was eliminated. I really hope Darienne goes soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The right person was eliminated. I really hope Darienne goes soon.

Quite. Although I think as much as I love her
    Joslyn
    should've been in the bottom 2.

I still don't know whether to laugh or not that the re-edit due to the controversy, kicked in the week they had Chas Bono as a guest. ;-)
    Forum Member
    Quite. Although I think as much as I love her
    Joslyn
    should've been in the bottom 2.

I still don't know whether to laugh or not that the re-edit due to the controversy, kicked in the week they had Chas Bono as a guest. ;-)

lol that was hysterical. I actually cringed at Joslyns questions during the interview.

Chaz doesn't come off too well in that episode.

It was nice to see a sober paula abdul for once
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I didn't think Chaz came over too badly. He's done the show quite a lot and he always seems nice.

Joslyn did deserve to be in the bottom moreso than Adore. However, I think it was still Trinity's time to go, and at least she got to leave on a high given how much she's improved over the last few episodes.

Joslyn has Ms. Congeniality in the bag I think. Can't see Milk as a contender at all.

Are we going to get any LaToya this series?
    Forum Member
    Shame chad michaels wasn't on this season. It would have been hilliarious to see "Cher" do the interview
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie_181 wrote: »
    .Are we going to get any LaToya this series?

It doesn't seem like she's lined up as a guest.
    Shame chad michaels wasn't on this season. It would have been hilliarious to see "Cher" do the interview

Can you imagine? I think my head might have blown up. If only that could happen, and "Cher" calls him "Chad" all the way through. :D
    Forum Member
    All in all this season has been pretty weak. Season 4 is still my fave especially Latrice Royale
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All in all this season has been pretty weak. Season 4 is still my fave especially Latrice Royale

I agree. If I could make the next all stars, I'd have quite a few of season 4 in there.
    Forum Member
    I agree. If I could make the next all stars, I'd have quite a few of season 4 in there.

I bet Raven is still pissed about season 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted Raven to win. :(
    Forum Member
    I wanted Raven to win. :(

She should have won. Tyra was awful
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cry::cry: Sad to see this weeks queen go.

On a brighter note, this week had extra shade. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Loved Joslyn 'Wonk wonk'.

I think most people underestimated her from the pre-series 'Meet the Queens' video where she seemed really forgettable. I'm surprised (but pleased) her and Trinity went on to be such big characters this series. I hope she gets Miss Congeniality and think she will.

Hope that Darienne or Courtney go next week! And I'm rooting for Bianca or Ben De La Creme to win.
    Forum Member
    Jamie_181 wrote: »
    Loved Joslyn 'Wonk wonk'.

I think most people underestimated her from the pre-series 'Meet the Queens' video where she seemed really forgettable. I'm surprised (but pleased) her and Trinity went on to be such big characters this series. I hope she gets Miss Congeniality and think she will.

Hope that Darienne or Courtney go next week! And I'm rooting for Bianca or Ben De La Creme to win.

Joslyn was one of my favourites. I can't stand Courtney now and that constant stink face shes always making.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joslyn was one of my favourites. I can't stand Courtney now and that constant stink face shes always making.

Stink face. :D:D

I felt sorry for Joslyn, she had the hardest bride to work with IMO. Courtney has a lot of nerve calling out Adore for her inability to sew when (Courtney's) bride looked a state.

Bianca and BenDeLa stepped up big time this week, they are now on a different level than the rest (well Bianca always was, but now she's some real competition). They got the brides right, and understood that it was about the weddings, not about them, while still looking a million dollars. :)
    Forum Member
    Stink face. :D:D

I felt sorry for Joslyn, she had the hardest bride to work with IMO. Courtney has a lot of nerve calling out Adore for her inability to sew when (Courtney's) bride looked a state.

Bianca and BenDeLa stepped up big time this week, they are now on a different level than the rest (well Bianca always was, but now she's some real competition). They got the brides right, and understood that it was about the weddings, not about them, while still looking a million dollars. :)

I'd be happy if either of them won
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bored of Ben's look though - it's the same thing over and over.

I'm sad Adore's taken such a slump downwards, hopefully she can pick it up again.

I'm rooting for Bianca now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blah123 wrote: »
    I'm bored of Ben's look though - it's the same thing over and over.

I was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but I've completely changed my mind. From Ben talking out of drag you get the feeling that DeLa is the only way he can express the brighter/ happier side of himself, and that makes me think the personality outweighs the look. DeLa being that optimistic should've driven me insane long ago, yet I'm rooting for her. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone tell me I just dreamed this episode. :cry: >:( :cry:

Worst decision EVAR.

**Edit** Just read some comments elsewhere about it, and most people are really angry about it. Don't want to spoil in case anyone hasn't watched but
    at least it wasn't Bianca, that would've been the end of the show. And if Bianca goes next week, there may be protests. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I am that bothered that:
    Ben went, I actually didn't see what everyone saw in him. Yeah he was polished and funny but I like the other three much better (not considering Darienne a contender at all and she should have gone home looong ago. I would have preferred Joslyn to be still in the competition