Options

' Bitchy Judge Jason Gardiner is Being Investigated By Watchdogs.' - Ofcom.....!!!!

AnthonyJohnAnthonyJohn Posts: 3,034
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The headline in todays Daily Star in Hot TV on page 20 & 21,

'Jason In Hot Water'

'Bitchy Judge Jason Gardiner is being Investigated by Watchdogs over cruel attacks on the celebrity skaters.
The panellist upset Roxanne Pallett, 26, and Ellery Hanley, 47, when he slated last week's performances.

Flamboyant Gardiner, 37, told Foxy Roxy: "You have about as much charisma as a Cabbage Patch Doll."
And he told Ellery: " You remind me of Mr Potato Head - you are a moving lump."

His choice of language did not just surprise the celebs - it also angered viewers - and they have now complained to Ofcom. One of the TV watchdog's main duties is to ensure programmes do not offend people. '

At last something is going to be done to stop Jason Gardiner
ruining the show with his constant 'personal attaks' against the contestants.

If he stays it looks like the producers may have to provide a morality minder or a muzzle, to keep this judge in line.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Hello AJ - this I hope pleases you, so come on, break out the smilies. :):):):):):):):):)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he was ill advised to call them those names, however I reckon it was all pre planned with the producers - after all calling them names of 80s toys was a tad conveinient, I believe the producers are in on his 'venom' and nothing is off the cuff.

I wouldn't want to lose Jason, as much as he is mean as a barrel of wasps on rotton apples, he is honest and says it like it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was 'told off' by the ITV producers over his comments to Todd Carty and told to tone it down, maybe he will be a little more considerate this week. Only time will tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be pleased for the contestants if they do not have to suffer any more hurt, and we can all sit down and enjoy the show again, so yes, let's get some smilies out today, sofajudge.

I hope he realizes now that he has gone too far and reverts to constructive criticism, to help the contestants improve each week.

:):):):):):):):):):)
  • Options
    Lamb ChopsLamb Chops Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    There is nothing worse about those names than any of the other names Jason has called people over the years. Compared to the things he said to Kelly Homes and Andrea from GMTV they are nothing and no one really batted an eyelid back then.

Some viewers are chosing to see something which isn't when it comes to the things Jason has said to Ellery. I'm not sure how anyone could think the name "cabbage patch doll" is anything worth calling Ofcom about though.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Considering the other things that Star has printed which have turned out to be complete lies, this 'article' may well be another of them.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dear god this is if true another example of what is wrong with some viewers of reality shows these days (like those who complain when BB is on) for Ofcom even to be bothering to investigte is a farce I think this is another Daily Star lie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These personal attacks have no place on a pre-watershed Sunday Night Light Entertainment TV Show, and an Ofcom investigation will be easy enough to confirm or not on Monday when their offices open.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These personal attacks have no place on a pre-watershed Sunday Night Light Entertainment TV Show, and an Ofcom investigation will be easy enough to confirm or not on Monday when their offices open.

This is stupid now, he hasn't done anything that rude!!!! Over sensitive viewers need to bin the tv, if you can't cope with this you really do need a reality check
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the regulaters of the telecommunications industries should have far bigger concerns than what a DOI judge says.

I hardly think calling someone a Cabbage Patch Doll or Mr Potato Head rank as particularly offensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    Surely the regulaters of the telecommunications industries should have far bigger concerns than what a DOI judge says.

I hardly think calling someone a Cabbage Patch Doll or Mr Potato Head rank as particularly offensive.

Specially as they are 80s toys on 80s night - it was very tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought Ofcom only dealt with serious issues, not things like someone being called an potato head. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who was it who reported it to Ofcom, I wonder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will try to confirm if an investigation is taking place and how many complaints they have had when I ring them on Monday, I am not sure how much they will tell me though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Probably nothing, don't waste your money.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    jill1812 wrote: »

You would think so. Unfortunately those modern day Mary Whitehouse's who seem to think that they have the right to interfere in everyone else's lives don't. One wonders how much this sort of stupidity costs the taxpayer. :eek:
  • Options
    MuinimulaMuinimula Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh, AnthonyJohn must be positively giddy with this 'news'. Maybe he'll lay off the Jason Gardiner bashing threads for a few minutes... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Probably nothing, don't waste your money.

Agreed! :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    This is so dull. (I'm beginning to wonder whether AnthonyJohn is actually someone on the show with an axe to grind!)
    I can't believe some people expect TV to tiptoe around every single member of the the audience or else it is condemned as something evil. It's a great show. 10 million people watch it, yet people spend time discussing the relevance of about 50 complaints. Baffling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlackOpal wrote: »
    he was ill advised to call them those names, however I reckon it was all pre planned with the producers - after all calling them names of 80s toys was a tad conveinient, I believe the producers are in on his 'venom' and nothing is off the cuff.

I wouldn't want to lose Jason, as much as he is mean as a barrel of wasps on rotton apples, he is honest and says it like it is.

I agree, of course most of it's planned and scripted beforehand with the producers. Jason's employed to be the 'nasty judge' and it was obvious the comments he made were in keeping with the 80's theme by mentioning toys popular then. I don't know how anyone could read anything more into them, unless, of course, you're looking for a hidden agenda. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I find it amusing that poeple feel the need to complain about Jasons comments. It would be a serious complaint if Jason had said something rasist or sexist or something that was politically incorect.

I had to agree with him... Ellery did look like a moving lump and roxanne did look like a cabbage patch doll.
    I think he summed them both up very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strike Dancing on Ice..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/dancingonice/a147484/ofcom-to-investigate-gardiner-complaints.html

Ofc these are the people that arent even fans of the show just see a chink of maybe getting a Valid complaint in there.
    Its the same muppets who have all but ruined Big brother....:mad:
  • Options
    Bob22ABob22A Posts: 6,830
    Forum Member
    Strangely OFCOM did not show much interest in Ross and Brand who actualy broke the law.

Quite what are OFCOM investigating with Jason. He made some harsh comments but there were valid comments. He did not swear & was not racist.

This complaint seems totally daft I cannot even see why OFCOM are investigating it. What exactly are their grounds for investigating it.

Are judges in a competition no longer allowed to make any adverse comments. No one likes getting harsh comments but thats what the judges are there for. If the performance is bad it deserves harsh critisism.

I suspect we have the PC race brigade in action here. Elery is black so in their little brains it has to be racist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a report in the Star - a rag that are not actually known for printing truth, as the Fernando Torres story proves.

Anyone who believes anything written in there should be directed to a 'proper' newspaper and leave the gossip rags for lining their rabbits' cages with.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    He does go over the top by making personal remarks about appearance.

He should look in the mirror.

But I must say I have to agree when he calls Kerry Katona pondlife and would leave if she came on the show.

You and us all mate.