What to do What to do.......

FunctionFunction Posts: 759
Forum Member
✭✭
Bear with me on this one, read my options, just interested in what you would do,

I've pre ordered a Ps4, only saying that because my interest in the Ps3 will nose dive to a certain extent once that comes out.

I am going to buy GTA V and Fifa 14 for the Ps3 in one form or another on release date. Now my problem.

I have a 12 gb Ps3 which obviously, I think, is going to go into meltdown once I load up the rumoured 18 gb GTA V. So that's not an option really. I could get a bigger HD and Caddy for this PS3 but we are now looking at minimum £70 for the two games and probably £60 for the HD and Caddy for it. Total £130

I have a 240 gb Ps3 with a broken disc drive which will cost me £50 to get repaired and put that with the £70 for the two games then the cost is £120 but........

I could download the two games for £100 from Psn and play them on there till the Ps4 comes out.

My only issue here is that I have never downloaded such a large file game such as GTA V from Psn and don't know if the ps3 suffers issues when playing games direct from the HD. Please any advice would be welcome because if there won't be any issues, then that's my mind made up and I'll happily just download them.

Also, will I be able to play all the games I have downloaded from psn for the ps3 on the ps4 via the 'cloud' option, I hope that makes sense.

All of this is then made even more confusing that I could have bought a new 500gb ps3 with gta v and The Last of us for £185 but Game have now sold out. Zavvi have a similar option for £200 at present. But that seems like a lot of lay out for a couple of months useage.

So what would you do? I know I could wait till the Ps4 comes out for Fifa 2014 but my tight arsed mate is refusing to buy a Ps4 until the price drops dramatically and I think he'll have a long wait and this way we can carry on our Fifa battles until he raids the piggy bank.

I hope this all makes sense, as said just interested on what you would do and most of all any info on the cloud thing with the Ps4 would be appreciated.

Confused, you will be.... :D

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I'd buy the 500gb ps3 for now. Seems the most cost effective, but not the cheapest. Maybe try trade in the 12gb ps3 against it.

I read that the install for GTA was 8gb from some link in the GTA thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Why not take your 240gig drive out of your old ps3. Get the hard drive caddy from Argos etc for 9.99 and install the hard drive. The ps3 will format it by default and then play gta 5 with no worry about space. :)
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on, David Ding Dong, you might be on to something, only thing that stopped me doing that is someone who is generally a mis informed lying **** told me a while back that the 240 gb won't fit the super slim, is that not true then, will it fit with the caddy??
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt buy those games via digital download personally. They will hold their value quite well and you can sell them on when you get a ps4.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Function wrote: »
    Hang on, David Ding Dong, you might be on to something, only thing that stopped me doing that is someone who is generally a mis informed lying **** told me a while back that the 240 gb won't fit the super slim, is that not true then, will it fit with the caddy??

Of course it will fit (with the caddy).

All PS3 HDDs are the same.
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't chuffing well believe it, Cheers all especially Ding Dong and Vashetti, all these months I've been messing around with 12gb, just taken out the hdd in it's caddy from the broken ps3 slim flipped over the lip on the edge of the caddy so its flat to the body and slotted it in and it's reformatting as we speak.

Would you recommend I still get the caddy from Argos or will this one I have taken out of the Ps3 Slim do the job just as well?
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Function wrote: »
    Can't chuffing well believe it, Cheers all especially Ding Dong and Vashetti, all these months I've been messing around with 12gb, just taken out the hdd in it's caddy from the broken ps3 slim flipped over the lip on the edge of the caddy so its flat to the body and slotted it in and it's reformatting as we speak.

Would you recommend I still get the caddy from Argos or will this one I have taken out of the Ps3 Slim do the job just as well?

As long as it's holding the HDD in place (i.e. it's not wobbling about inside), then you have nothing to worry about.

No need to spend extra money unless necessary :)