• BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. Love it Love it x25
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just doesn't make sense to me. "A real husband, so 1999" :confused:

What are they saying? That they want a 14 year old husband...? :confused: The vocals are ok, but it sounds like only 3 of the girls singing and it gets a bit boring half way through the song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it! I can see it being a bit too polarising and people will either love or hate it but I think It's catchy, fun, light, different for them and a bold single choice. It's different to what's out right now so nobody can slate them on that front.They're coming off the back of a huge #1 hit so I guess they can try something different when radio will support them/the track after the success of What About Us. I think they'll be fine for a top 10 position at least - they have enough of a core fanbase to guarantee that now IMO. People always bitch about how dull and boring and generic they are - they finally change it up and people still complain. They can't win. Although I think the chorus needs to be more powerful and have more oomph but it's a great pop song. Apparently this leaked version may be the demo so hopefully that explains why it's a little flat/not very identifiable from the verses?

Mollie's 'He already had the milk so why would he go and buy the cow?' line is iconic. Some of the lyrics are very Girls Aloud - bonkers and out there.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I like it :)
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It just doesn't make sense to me. "A real husband, so 1999" :confused:

What are they saying? That they want a 14 year old husband...? :confused: The vocals are ok, but it sounds like only 3 of the girls singing and it gets a bit boring half way through the song.

Basically that chivalry is dead, being a gentleman is "so 1995" as in the concept is outdated nowadays.

I LOVE the song!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    When I first heard the clip I thought it was awful but after listening to the whole song I actually love the verses but really don't like the chorus. Someone said it was a bit Girls Aloud, I agree. It's catchy and the lyrics are a bit out there, a bit like girls alouds love machine/what will the neighbours say days.
    To me though, it really doesn't sound like the Saturdays but I think it will be a hit.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Not bad actually :)

It reminds me of Stooshe a bit though :confused:
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    Don't like it, really not keen on it. But i said that about 'What About Us' and i ended up loving it. So i'm hoping it grows on me... Which it probably will!

I'm just not sure on the 'rapping'.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the chorus has enough "oomph", it seems a bit lacking, I like the lyrics though.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I love it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    <3 It
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great girls aloud left over track.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The chorus is catchy, but that's about it. I think the verses are bland and lack creativity. Especially with Una and Vanessa I thought they could have done more with their voices.

And I agree with what someone wrote earlier. It does sound like a B-side track. Definitely not a single.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounded better in the preview clip that was awful I expected more. I thought the chorus would've sounded better when Una sings that part "Gentlemen 9 to 5 real husband" like in the clip at the end of it but she doesn't in that . I like it it's catchy but it sounds much better with Una singing that part at the end part of the chorus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost everyone seems to dislike it on here, which probably means it'll end up being number one for 5 weeks and sell over a million copies lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Well.

What I will say, is that they have finally broke the "lets release the better single second before we launch our album" trend.

Coz this sucks compared to What About Us.

What the hell are they playing at with this sound? They are not rappers. Why are they attempting rap?! Like seriously?!

Should be an album track at best - but it's more of a B side IMO.
    Not impressed.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Almost everyone seems to dislike it on here, which probably means it'll end up being number one for 5 weeks and sell over a million copies lol.

Haha I hope it does :D Am I in the minority who likes it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I hope it does :D Am I in the minority who likes it?

I like it, it just isn't as strong, or I should say it isn't as instant or catchy as hits like Up or Higher, those songs have really powerful choruses that stick in your head, this one seems a little lacking though...I love everything BUT the chorus.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's awful:o To the point that I forgot i was listening to it because I had completely zoned out. What About Us was so good, this is a major step back
    Forum Member
    Here's a Youtube link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQjyTfJpPR8
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This track is addictive! I smell another UK number 1. And a defo US smash if promoted properly. GO GIRLS....
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this song is quite a grower though I find myself liking it the more I listen to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Good lord the verse with all the name-dropping is embarrassing. "I need a Ryan Gosling, a Robert Pattinson, etc." Larry King at one point too!!??

Cringe.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is OK, not that catchy on first listen.

I agree with those that say it sounds like a Girls Aloud song.