Forum Member
    it works!!!!!!!!! in devon!!!!!!

off i come from msn then!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeterB wrote: »
    Putting something on the web site would be a start...

Ha you expect them to actually do something useful?

Yay, Signal in Bath after I turned phone off and on again

Someone I am trying to get hold of (thinking they have text me in response to earlier when mine was working) is on O2 as well, so the message I sent them from the O2 website won't get to them! (Well it shouldn't as they live 20miles from me)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't send texts though, something about "invalid number or service centre number". Probably a good thing, still trying to send from earlier, I'm sure she wouldn't be happy getting a text now anyway, I'll try in the morning.

Just got 3 incoming messages though, although replying to them at this time would not make me most popular so I can't test if it works again yet

Just think, on New Years Eve we have this too look forward to again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't seem to WAP at the moment but the phone is back on.
  • Options
    neilusneilus Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't like to be an o2 call center worker right now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neilus wrote: »
    Wouldn't like to be an o2 call center worker right now!

lol or me!

Although I have signal and have received some texts, it now says "3G" underneath it (just as it did earlier when not working, but with stronger strength now) but it won't let me check my credit, although earlier when it didn’t say 3G I managed to phone 4444 and check my bolt on had expired, since then I have not got anything just says "no network coverage" and now its gone again completely and as I wrote that it came back again and allowed me to check it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    I have had the same issue all day I am based in Manchester and you have to laugh the call centre is around the corner from me in Bury for Pre Pay. I have been unable to make/recieve calls and texts. Also an issue with 1471 and 4444. Makes me laugh also I have only been with o2 for 6 days after leaving virgin mobile.

I have emailed o2 asking what is going on and all I can suggest is that if you all complain tommorrow via email.text etc then o2 will notice that there is an issue.

If the issue is country wide ie Edinburgh, Manchester, and down South then it must be an technicial issue with certain numbers or something.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to be almost all working again for me, I got 3 delivery text this moring saying 2 of my text arrived 3 hours after being sent and the other delivery text said my text arrived nearly right away. Yet I never got the delivery text right away to say it had been.

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have got a message this morning from O2, the cheek of it, "you are not benefiting from your monthly bolt-on blah blah blah".

When I try to send a message to my friend now I get "invalid phone or service centre number" so it wouldn't matter if I had the bolt-on or not!

edit: Haha my fault, when I put the Vodafone sim in yesterday to test the coverage on that, Vodafone message centre was selected, and this has still been applied on the O2 one, went into settings and changed it back to O2, then moved the failed message to drafts and sent again, then it failed so is obviously busy around here or something, then I just resent and it worked. Didn't take any credit off me though :s, although my bolt-on expired last night and when I go to 4444 and keep pressing 2 it says "that was your last bolt-on balance" without reading anything out :s Wonder if it actually sent or not, the balance came up twice (was a 2 page message) so it seemed to work
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    i have bin having problems with o2 as well have bean getting txt's what were sent at 5pm boxing day at about 6 this morning but have bean able to ring people just hope my txts are getting through now wish o2 did delivery reports
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey i'm on O2 pay as you go and had no problems at all last night. I'm in Essex. My mates who are on O2 didn't have any problems either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine kept saying insert sim..i thought it was just my phone being weird.
  • Options
    jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    webbym wrote: »
    i have bin having problems with o2 as well have bean getting txt's what were sent at 5pm boxing day at about 6 this morning but have bean able to ring people just hope my txts are getting through now wish o2 did delivery reports

They do do delivery reports, insert *0# then a space at the start of your message
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i have emailed o2 but still no response back. My phone is up and running now.........there must have been an issue if there are so many people experincing the same problems
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jon41 wrote: »
    They do do delivery reports, insert *0# then a space at the start of your message

I been using 02 delivery reports for over a year now and find they work 99% of the time. You dont use a space after *0# just start the messager right after *0#
    New year is going to be worse than it was last night I think. You would think by now 02 and others would get it sorted knowen that at the new year the phones jam for 2 or 3 hours nearly every year.

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finally got a reply from o2 about this and I am really not happy at there response. I have now requested my PAC code to go back to Virgin Mobile its a disgrace how they can just fob you off

Thanks for your email. I'm sorry that you were unable to make and receive calls and send text messages on 26 December 2007. I can appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you.
    >
    > I'm afraid that on 26 December 2007 we did experience some issues with the network, which meant that some of our customers were temporarily without service.
    >
    > I'm pleased to see that you have been able to use your phone successfully since this date.
    >
    > I'm sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused by this network outage. O2 does not have a compensation policy and I'm unable to provide you with any compensation for the network outage.
    >
    > Pay & Go customer services is open Monday to Friday 7am to 10pm and 8am to 8pm Saturday and Sunday. Our opening hours are amended for the festive period, Boxing Day was 8am to 8pm as is New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
    >
    > Thank you again for contacting customer service.
    >
    > If you should have any further questions, please visit our online Help Centre at:
    >
    > http://www.o2.co.uk/help
    >
    > Don't forget, for us to answer your query faster, please provide your mobile number, two numbers that you call or send text messages to regularly and the date, amount and method of your last Top-Up, every time you email us.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Dawn
    > Team EC1
    > O2 Customer Service
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    tony077844 wrote: »
    Finally got a reply from o2 about this and I am really not happy at there response. I have now requested my PAC code to go back to Virgin Mobile its a disgrace how they can just fob you off

Thanks for your email. I'm sorry that you were unable to make and receive calls and send text messages on 26 December 2007. I can appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you.
    >
    > I'm afraid that on 26 December 2007 we did experience some issues with the network, which meant that some of our customers were temporarily without service.
    >
    > I'm pleased to see that you have been able to use your phone successfully since this date.
    >
    > I'm sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused by this network outage. O2 does not have a compensation policy and I'm unable to provide you with any compensation for the network outage.
    >
    > Pay & Go customer services is open Monday to Friday 7am to 10pm and 8am to 8pm Saturday and Sunday. Our opening hours are amended for the festive period, Boxing Day was 8am to 8pm as is New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
    >
    >
    > If you should have any further questions, please visit our online Help Centre at:
    >
    >
    > Don't forget, for us to answer your query faster, please provide your mobile number, two numbers that you call or send text messages to regularly and the date, amount and method of your last Top-Up, every time you email us.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Dawn
    > Team EC1
    > O2 Customer Service

I don't think any of the networks offer compensation for temporary outages. In fact the terms and conditions I have seen all make a point of saying that loss of service may occur and the company will not be liable for any extra expenditure.
    Occasionally, contract customers can persuade them to make a goodwill gesture, but they don't have to.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Dawn
    > Team EC1
    > O2 Customer Service
    What did you expect them to do? This is PAYG after all.
  • Options
    jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently having roaming issues with Vodafone Australia, they offer $12 per day you can't connect to any network.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=717403
  • Options
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    What did you expect them to do? This is PAYG after all.

All I would expect them to do is to provide a reliable service ie a phone service that you can actually phone and make calls on. I never ever had an issue with Virgin Mobile.

i have only been with o2 for a few days its been one thing after another.

Anyway got my Pac code so I am off from them.

GOODBYE O2
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    All I would expect them to do is to provide a reliable service ie a phone service that you can actually phone and make calls on. I never ever had an issue with Virgin Mobile.

GOODBYE O2

You do realise that all networks have occasional problems? There was one affecting Virgin/T-Mobile a few weeks ago, which caused one of these threads.

If you want quality of service promises then you will need to go on a corporate tariff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member

GOODBYE O2

flippin lol at you i say. Every network has problems !!!! vodafone. well crap and ripoff and over my way my mates always have problems crap reception . virgin same problem with vodafone costs a lot and crap reception now on pay and go do you get 300 txts and still have the tenner to use for calls ? and you also don't have good Bolton's just an xtra £5 on your top ub will get you 150 of peak mins to any network yet still get £15 for calls witho2
    i have bean with o2 for 5 years and had no problem i know customer services can be a bit naff but who's arnt
  • Options
    DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

GOODBYE O2

So where you off to, not 3 or Orange i hope! :eek: